Here's a review/story (kind of a twist) of some products i ran into over the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

REVIEW/STORY - bestskinsever vs shieldzone ALSO seidio 8300 case review!

Advertisement

Here's a review/story (kind of a twist) of some products i ran into over the weekend... enjoy!!

Bestskinsever

Verdict:
    i would definitely reccomend/buy again...
    Pros: very easy to peel off paper, cheap
    Cons: does not cover the black sides (this may be a pro for some people), no real protection of a drop
    URL: bestskinsever
    Price: $6.99
    Overall rating: 9.5/10

Sheildzone

Verdict:
    i would not buy/recommend
    Pros: comes with cute little spray bottle to help with application, lifetime warranty...
    Cons: expensive, very hard to separate from the paper it comes on
    URL: Invisible shield
    Price: $24.95 full body / $11.95 screen only
    Overall rating: 8/10

Seidio Hybrid Case/Holster Combo
    Verdict: i would definitely recommend!
    Pros: tight perfect fit, tight ratchet, 1mm thick, the back feels sooooo sexyyyy...
    Cons: no screen protection...
    URL: Seidio Hybrid Case
    Price: $44.95
    Overall rating: 9/10

ok... let me start off by saying that i went crazy with some protection for my new 8300... i jus wanted to see what the difference was between these items.. and i WANTED to have a skin + case on my curve.... but u'll find out what i ran into... and i wanna save someone the trouble/money...

first off... the beloved bestskinever...

heres the PRO i listed above.... i wanted to show people that its really easy to take it off the paper... u jus peel... very nice.. the edges are clean... (by the way, this is actually for an ipod)

here's the shieldzone packaging... its in one of those annoying packages that u sweat over opening... my dumb*** actually took a knife to it straight down the middle thinking id have to use that kind of full force to open it.... and i realized i might cut the skin... luckily... i didnt... or the skin resisted the knife... i really cant tell....

heres the CON of the shieldzone... its actually perforated edges... very annoying to peel off the paper...

heres all the pieces that go on the fone from SHIELDZONE... look at ALL THOSE PIECES... it took me over and hr to get them all on the fone... it kinda looks like transformers icon... i busted my a** to get them on right... took my sweet time and was sooooo proud of the results... boy was i in for a surprise...

seidios hybrid case... which i was gonna wrap around my skin.... so i would have DUAL PROTECTION!! or so i thought.... it turns out that the case is SO PERFECTLY FORM FITTED... that you DO NOT HAVE ROOM for a body skin on ur 8300.. the case simply WILL NOT CLOSE!!! so after allllll that TEDIOUS back aching work.... i had to peel off the skin cuz id rather have the case.... DO NOT WRAP UR 8300 in a skin if your gonna use this case!!

ok so pics of the case..

watch out for this pin... ive had a 8700 holster and the pin kept sliding out..

tryin to show thickness of case... barely above the ball...

damn this crap is strong though....

LESSON LEARNED>>> SEIDIO CASE ONLY !!! NO ROOM FOR SKIN!!
    Last edited by EvolutionCSR; 08-31-2007 at 04:19 PM.
    torched!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

Re: REVIEW/STORY - bestskinsever vs shieldzone ALSO seidio 8300 case review!

nice!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I have the Seidio Hybrid case as well. When I had the full skin from BSE on my 8300, the left top corner of the Seidio case will not close properly (easily pops open). What I did was remove the skins from the sides and eventually, everything else except the one covering the screen. Now my Seidio case fits properly.
    Last edited by DocGo; 08-29-2007 at 04:03 PM.
    8900-user
    DocGo

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Yup... That's exactly what happened to me... I was taking off each piece one by one and seeing if the case would close... And sadly I was left with jus screen protection.... But the case will def do just fine..

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Very nice review thanks! BSE is the best!

jhkaplan no está en línea Stack level 1

Nice review. I want to get the Seidio hybrid case, but I bought a similar case for my old Treo 700wx last year, dropped it once, and the case never closed correctly again. I think the little clasps that go around the phone are a bit thin and it didnt work well. AND- when I dropped the Treo, the case split open at the seams and the phone came crashing out, which scratched the phone. It kind of ruined the whole purpose of having a case for the phone anyway. BSE works great on my Curve though!

PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Hmmm maybe I should do a test drop..

jhkaplan no está en línea Stack level 1

Might not be a bad idea, but, might not be a great idea either.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Got my Seidio (black) case & holster for my Curve today and so far I love them. This review is what pushed me over the edge to get it. Thanks!

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Great review! Look forward to getting my case!

Mini2Go no está en línea Stack level 1

So, any test or accidental drops by anyone yet? How do they hold up?