Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I saw this Sprint 8130 at the LA launch and though it is a pretty ... Smartphone Reviews forum

chinesecatt no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Review: Sprint 8130

Advertisement

I saw this Sprint 8130 at the LA launch and though it is a pretty cool device, with video capture and all -- just not into suretype. Just like Curv247, it is hard to be used to the QWERTY ones and jump into the SURETYPE ones. But then again, another option would be, to own those Bluetooth Keyboard.
    www.eSHOPlimited.com for your Authentic BlackBerry Accessories

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~for me I prefer suretype I loved my 7130e but the pearl is a little two small for me so I will stick with my 8830

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8

Ordered my Pearl today on the Phone. Should be arriving around Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait!!!!!

JE

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

I used to have all full keyboard devices before getting my first Pearl 8100. I started with WM devices, had Palms, etc. before test driving my first BB and falling in love with it. I had 3 BBs(all Full Key Boards) before purchasing my first SureType unit. It took me about a week to fully get used to the SureType and in the beginning I didn't think I'd EVER get used to it or enjoy using it. Now when I go in a store and play with full keyboard phones it's the same way- it takes me a bit to re-adapt myself to the spread out keys.

The ability to use and enjoy using SureType devices opens up the door to so much more device potential and size potential as well for the future. That's the way I look it at. The future is now. Let's all embrace it. The great thing about RIM is that they make a device for everyone. Mine just comes with SureType and I sure love it!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

mercc79 no está en línea Stack level 1

I do like full qwertys, but after 3 weeks with my Pearl 8130, I also now really like suretype. The Pearl is my phone until a CDMA Curve is released. I am happy either way.

grandview no está en línea Stack level 2

we don't have access to a Pearl 8130 yet, but we think you should be able
    to run movy.tv video streaming on it. Importantly, you should select the 8800, 8300 option
    as it should enable access to the 8130 hardware player (just recently the gsm Pearl 8100 OS upgrade)
    will allow our app to do this.

regards,

movy.tv development team

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I have switched back to my 8830. There are not enough features that convince me to stay with the 8130. I am very happy with the 8830 and 4.3 OS, not that I have it, but that is enough for me till the curve. I think the 8130 is pretty nifty, but I just couldnt part ways with my beloved 8830.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    I have switched back to my 8830. There are not enough features that convince me to stay with the 8130. I am very happy with the 8830 and 4.3 OS, not that I have it, but that is enough for me till the curve. I think the 8130 is pretty nifty, but I just couldnt part ways with my beloved 8830.
    Good Luck!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3

just curious on how fast the internet is on it with sprint evdo and how dod the sprint tv look on it? im getting mine on monday coming from the sprint mogul

billytickets no está en línea Stack level 2

they wont get my money for this WAY LATE WAY OVER PRICED 2 years old phone ...asking $499.00 for a 2 year old phone is robbery ,,,,, get the ATT Curve its a much better phone and its total cost is less than $100 at many places..... I would have paid maybe $150 for this phone today when i saw it to replace my office 7130e from sprint but i will wait till they price it correctly at a 1/3 of its current cost
    my phones
    7130e Sprint
    N93 Nokia Tmobile
    8300 Curve ATT

http://nokiberry.blogspot.com/
    my little blog on phones

http://tixxalert.blogspot.com
    my little blog about NY Theater

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Internet on the 8130 is no faster than that of the mogul, 8830, etc... They all work on REV0 broadband sppeds. The video is not full screen, other than that is looks great.

tstrike no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169 View Post
    Internet on the 8130 is no faster than that of the mogul, 8830, etc... They all work on REV0 broadband sppeds. The video is not full screen, other than that is looks great.
    8830s are sure pwnage... If I need to take a picture or a video of something I get a camera ... for the hardcore BB user 8830 is your Mecca.

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7

I currently own a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 I got FREE from Wirefly with new T-Mo service agreement. I recieved My rebate a little over a week ago. Wel after all that I have read here and elsewhere, I decided back then to wait a couple months before I reviewed this phone.

After using this phone I must say that I love it. I had a Red Razor V3M before I got this phone. I will say that SureType takes about a week to get used to; It has to learn how You type. After it has learned how you type it works excellent. I have noticed that the keyboard does get a little softer after extended use; but I would say that calling them mushy is a little exxagerated. I do type quite a bit with My phone, I use Yahoo Messenger a lot, and type texts, and go into this forum sometimes on My phone as well. After using My phone a little while I type pretty fast on My phone. I will say this to make it clear. I don't know if it's the phone or something; but My BIS running on EDGE seems faster than My Razr on EVDO!

I love the feel of this phone, I use the trackball as well as the enter key a lot. I don't use num lock a lot
    so I always use the shift key. that key feels a little shaky sometimes; but its very responsive, and still has a solid feel when pressed. I messed with a Pearl 2 (8830) at a Verizon store. The keys felt really soft to the touch, and the trackball felt smaller and pressed a lot softer than the original. I was lucky enough to get a Pearl with the foam under the battery door release switch. The Pearl 2 door at the door felt like it was going to fall off. 4.3 is a great OS though. (It's nice to see stereo speakers on the Pearl 2). I think the only real difference is that in order to make the Pearl 2's main keys bigger, they took out the middle plastic bar that is under the the main control keys on the original Pearl. I think this would make the keypad structure a little more flimsy wouldn't it?

It might take some time to figure out how much better it really is. The keys felt better, don't get me wrong, just not as solid as the original.

I also had a little more time to mess with an 8830, I think the keys felt a little close together, with the same feel as the Pearl except smaller. This did make the keys harder to press. Thats all I really have to say.
    Last edited by MKhora; 11-25-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Perfectionist
    Next Level Design By Sinista Graphix!

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Any word on the microSD card capacity? Has anyone been able to test a 6GB or 8GB microSD card successfully and working consistently stable in this Pearl 8130?

Thanks,
    -Elo

ben-jam-in no está en línea Stack level 1

I have had my pearl for about 3 months and came from an 8700 but before the 8700 had a 7100i and before that had a blueberry cant remember the model number of that one just remember it was blue. I like the way RIM has kept its interface the same nothing new to learn just new phones different shapes but I do definatley feel the same about them STUPID RETARDED little so called cases it is junk feel like they are just saying here is a case now shutup and go on and we purchase quit a few BB so now I am forced to buy cases along with the phone and the curve gets a cheesy case as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast