Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Great mobile blogging app, which allows for adding pictures, videos, voicenotes, music, geo-tagging (GPS ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

Thumbs up Review: Spotjots on Blackberry - 5 Stars

Advertisement

Verdict: Great mobile blogging app, which allows for adding pictures, videos, voicenotes, music, geo-tagging (GPS or address entry) about where you are, what your doing, all from your blackberry.

Pros: This delivers what it promises, unlike other mobile-blogging sites/apps, this truly allows you to blog about an activity, event, restaurant, service, or anything your heart desires. The app allows you to add all sorts of media, to use your GPS or enter an address, and you can publish to other sites like twitter, facebook or a normal blog like typepad. They even have a widget you can embed on your websites (ie Myspace).

Cons: If you add media, the feed to twitter translates it using tinyurl.com (which is probably better anyways, so it's not really a con. hehehe)

URL: WWW.SPOTJOTS.COM

Price: FREE!!!

Overall rating: 5 OUT OF 5

You can set up a cool profile, which asks a bunch of questions which can say a lot about you, or you can be a fuddy duddy and leave a lot of stuff blank.

From your profile page, you can:
    see your jots,
    see jotters you are following,
    which jotters are following you,
    view random Public Jots,
    add comments to jots and view comments people have made about yours.
    set preferences like getting emailed about jots, or comments

and lots more

As mentioned, you can feed your Spotjots onto the blogs and websites listed below. To the right, is the widget you can embed on your Myspace page, for example. Since they are still growing, I suggested a feed for livejournal and got an immediate response from the spotjots team, informing me that it's in the works.... they Rock!

Below are some screenshots of what the app looks like on my Blackberry Pearl 8130. When creating a jot, you can deem it to be public or private, pick a category (or create your own), add attachments, and select to autofeed to your other sites i.e. twitter. The last screenshot illustrates a cool feature about SpotJots. Since mobile blogging is more reciprocal in nature, the app allows you easily find about people you are following, about random public jots, cool activities, restaurants and places, and even Yelp reviews in case you are exploring new cities.

All in all, an amazing app/website. Thanks to Spotjots, I no longer have to wait a few hours or days before I arduously tried to retell, accurately reconstruct, or even wish I had a camera to share those memorable moments (which more often than not, used to turn into those "arggghhh you had to be there" type of stories).

Strongly recommend it. If and when you join, feel free to read up on my Jots and i will do the same. (mcm180)

www.spotjots.com

Installing SpotJots Mobile(Supported Devices: Pearl 8100, 8110, 8120, 8130, Curve 8300, 8310, 8320, 8330, 8800, 8820, 8830, 9000)

Text SPOTJOTS to 41411

or

Visit http://www.spotjots.com/sjm.aspx with your BlackBerry browser

"Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything." ~BLAISE PASCAL

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3
    I love all these mobile blogging apps for BB but none has really worked well for me without a lot of bugs. I'm using Utterz now, which is not a phone app, it is a website.

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just downloaded this app!! Luv it!

PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007 View Post
    Just downloaded this app!! Luv it!
    Cool- lemme know if you have any questions I can answer, or seek out an answer 4 ya.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Great review and nice use of the gallery!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    I have attempted to run spotjots on 2 83 Series devices and 1 9000, however, every time that I click on the icon to open the application, the BB's just freeze on a white screen so I have given up.

Maybe someday I will try it again, as I do like the concept.

z4k
    z4k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32CC1FFF
    Signing up and downloading now.
    FMDT | The ORIGINAL MONKEYS!
    YAKUZA DRIFT!

PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Great review and nice use of the gallery!
    Why thank you, I'm honored. And I'm a visual/graphic type of stacker - I love the gallery, wish more ppl would use it. Hehehe

iwill no está en línea Stack level 1
    trying out now...

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by mcm180 View Post
    Cool- lemme know if you have any questions I can answer, or seek out an answer 4 ya.
    no questions, satisfied customer here

thanks tho.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    This is a pretty nifty app, i hope it works with the BOLD as well. When ever they decide to release it.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    AWESOME review! i'll have to give this one a try

josephcaraccio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31a987a7
    The world needs less bloggers.
    nonnasmyladie [@] vzw [Dot] blackberry [dot] net

PIN: 31a987a7

Ten23 Software no está en línea Stack level 1
    @mcm180 - Thanks for the great review! FYI, we are working on our LiveJournal plugin as I speak. We should be announcing that and some other exciting features in the next couple of days.

Ten23 Software no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    I have attempted to run spotjots on 2 83 Series devices and 1 9000, however, every time that I click on the icon to open the application, the BB's just freeze on a white screen so I have given up.

Maybe someday I will try it again, as I do like the concept.
    Could you please send your BlackBerry OS info to suggestions@spotjots.com ? Also, can you let us know if you are on a BES? We will take a look and see if we can resolve the problem. We have tested and are compatible with all of the BlackBerry models you mention including the 9000 and have not seen this issue before. Thanks for your help in the matter!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast