Verdict: Extremely organized and customizable list application. Pros: You can create endless lists of whatever ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Review: SplashShopper by SplashData

Advertisement

Verdict: Extremely organized and customizable list application.
    Pros: You can create endless lists of whatever you want or need. Many options you can choose from make this a very fun app to use.
    Cons: None
    URL: http://www.splashdata.com/splashshop...erry/index.htm
    Price: $29.95 (30 day trial before you buy)
    Overall rating: 5 out of 5

I use the memos, tasks and calendar applications on the BlackBerry daily. I really like how with SplashShopper you can make any kind of list you want, whether it is a todo list, a shopping list, a list of movies you want to buy or rent, or even a recipe list.

On the main page of SplashShopper from the BB, you will see the category "Name", where all of your lists are stored. Currently I have "Walmart", for a shopping list, "Publix" as another shopping list, "Movies" for a list of movies that I want to rent or buy, "Recipes" because I like to experiment with food and while browsing the net instead of printing out the recipe I can just store the ingredients using SlashShopper. I also have "Ringtones" to keep track of all the ringtone people want for their phones, so I can help them find the ringtone quickly. You can edit the current lists or you can create your own as Ive done. Along with the list you can see how many items in that list are needed, and how many total items there are. You can even choose from 64 different icons, which you can apply to the name of your list!

All View: In the All View, you can mark items as needed, filter by Store or Category, and sort by any column such as aisle number... Here is where you can one grocery list for all your shopping needs. You can categorize by store and price, which is convenient when competitive shopping. A great fun option is you can change the color of the header and row, and even change the font size from small, medium and large.

Quick Lists: Quickly generate memorized shopping lists with QuickLists;
    useful for recurring shopping trips or recipes... Here is a great place to store receipes, or a great tool for pinstack users you can store all your favorite links to threads and posts for quick access. There is no limit to how many QuickLists you store!

Need View: The Need View displays only the items that are needed; check items off as you add them to your shopping cart... This is great for shopping, you can check items as you put them into your shopping cart at the grocery store, or you can even use this as a long term list such as a todo list. Once you are done with one task you can check mark it as done. You can filter between all the items in your list, or ones that are needed.

Item Details: Quickly enter Item Details on your Smartphone; items can include tax, coupons and can be assigned to multiple stores... This is good when shopping because you can set if you have a coupon, which does help save money if you ask me. You can also compare prices of items to other stores, and see which store offers the best deals.

Syncronizing between desktop and BlackBerry...

This is very important. I always like to have a backup of my information in the case of a memory loss, you can have your information backedup on your pc, or vice versa. I sync everyday, and now that Im using this application I will be syncing every night when I get home.

I wont be entering info on the desktop, only from the BlackBerry, but in case I am at home and would rather use my computer can then sync to my BlackBerry.

Here is an example of the desktop SplashShopper...

Lets say you have entered information on the BlackBerry, and you really need to print it out, well sync with the desktop, go to File and choose print!

I have only been using this app for a little while, and I am really hooked. I have tons of lists created and I am learning all the other features that are included. I will now use my memos and tasks less because this is an all in one solution.

Take it from me, if you find it hard to keep organized or you just cany seem to get everything done, this is a great app that will help ensure you are on top of things.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Review: SplashShopper by SplashData

Thats a very nice review chris. thanks. i think i might try it out and see how I like it
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i like

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

I've loved the whole SplashData lineup... Splash ID is still one of my most utilized and valued 3rd party apps...

This is also a good one, but Splash Photo and ID were found on any device I was using... Palm OS, WM5 and now BB...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Thanks!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

great software! Thanks chris

steve8443 no está en línea Stack level 1

Splashshopper freezes on sync - win xp to BB

I have about 25 lists in splashshopper desktop. Not too much data - many of the lists are empty.

When I sync it freezes after sync progress get to about 8 bars after 30 mins. Also the laptop cannot multitask during operation the sync.

Has anyone seen this?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b