Verdict: Basically the same functionality of Password Keeper, but with extras! Rating: 4.5/5 URL: www.splashdata.com ... Smartphone Reviews forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Review: Splash ID

Advertisement

Verdict: Basically the same functionality of Password Keeper, but with extras!
    Rating: 4.5/5
    URL: www.splashdata.com
    Price: $29.95
    Notes: 30 Day Free Trial And 60 Day Money Back Guarantee!

The basis of this program is to securely store all of your passwords and personal information. Be it website logins, credit cards, automobile information, bank account numbers, Splash ID Password Keeper can and will keep it safe.

FEATURES:

*Unlimited number of customizable record types and categories for storing all *Customizable List View supports color and icons
    *Password protection, using 256-bit Blowfish encryption, keeps your data safe and secure
    *Synchronize data between the handheld and desktop using the included desktop software
    *Beam records to other SplashID users
    *Custom Icon support
    *Field Masking (for sensitive data like passwords)
    *Customizable Field Labels on a per record basis
    *Enhanced Security Options
    *Automatic Password Generator - for generating passwords based on user criteria
    *Category support
    *Backup and Restore feature added to the Desktop application

*Images used from Splash website for obvious personal security/privacy reasons

You will need to install the software on your personal computer first, and from there you can load it onto your Blackberry. The set up instructions are easy to understand and read, and can have you set up in a matter of minutes.

Once the programs have been loaded onto both the computer and the device, syncing the two is easy.

One very good thing about this program is that most people are quicker to add information via computer. Therefore, once you get all the information loaded into the computer, just sync it with your Blackberry and it will automatically transfer all the data over to the device in a matter of seconds. Of course, you can still enter information on the Blackberry itself.

Another good thing, is the ability to not only have this program limited to your device. Since you have a "vault" on your computer, you can also access the information on the computer (Assuming that you have the correct and up to date information synced), so while at your desk you don't need to be going back and forth from the Blackberry if you are working on the computer.

There have been questions about "What makes this program so much better than the Password Manager that is already on my Blackberry?". Well, Splash has created a chart to help answer those questions. (See below chart attached)

Supported devices:
    BlackBerry 7100g, BlackBerry 7100i, BlackBerry 7100r, BlackBerry 7100t, BlackBerry 7100v, BlackBerry 7100x, BlackBerry 7105t, BlackBerry 7130c, BlackBerry 7130e, BlackBerry 7130g, BlackBerry 7130v, BlackBerry 7210, BlackBerry 7230, BlackBerry 7250, BlackBerry 7270, BlackBerry 7280, BlackBerry 7290, BlackBerry 7510, BlackBerry 7520, BlackBerry 8700c, BlackBerry 8700f, BlackBerry 8700g, BlackBerry 8700r, BlackBerry 8700v, BlackBerry 8707v

They also have a very good FAQ and Support page on their website which can be found HERE with any lingering questions that you may have.

This is the first product from Splash, a company that has proven itself to be among the leaders of software production for handheld devices, for a Blackberry device. As they dip their feet more into the Blackberry market, there is sure to be many more great programs to come!

Pros: Can use on a computer and Blackberry, 30 day trial, money back guarentee, VERY secure

Cons: No browser integration.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by N8DBB; 08-17-2006 at 09:25 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Review: Splash ID

Thank you N8. I really like using the password keeper on my BB, I think I will download SplashID and try it out, see what I think.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Thank you for the great review.

Wombat no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2104929D

I have used SplashID for the PalmOS for several years and a very happy with it. I didn't realize that it was available for the BB. I'll have to check it out.

et
    et no está en línea Stack level 1

I too have used it on the Palm OS, but have been trying it out on a 8700v. I love it!! However nothing is perfect. I do wish I could get better icons. Does anyone know if you can do that? If so, where would I find them?

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks for the review N8 will have to check it out since I use password keeper on my BB and it's very handy!

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

I really love SplashID. I used it on my Treo's & was thrilled to see we can now get it on our BB's.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    I find only the small font supported and scrolling up and down the screens, the last line is cut in half on the bottom and scrolling cuts off the top of the last screen. The top portion is quite large with the SplashID Title. Other than those issues it is great but not as good as my Series 60 version.

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6
    They emailed me back and working on it.

andrewconrad no está en línea Stack level 1

it sounds like the "killer difference" from the built-in BB app is that you can access it from your desktop, right? i've used this on my treo for years, and loved, it, but was debating between this and the standard BB app.