Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Let me know how it works out ok.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... Smartphone Reviews forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Let me know how it works out ok.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jrsbcc no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes - it works. for that matter, i guess it will work on any app doing it like this. But it is at the expense of losing a convenience key that might otherwise be mapped to somethign else.

I'm still not happy.

I'm glad you were able to get it to work......but sorry you're still not happy.

But it makes sense if you think about it.....in order for it to show up in the menu for 3rd party applications, every developer would need to incorporate snapscreen into their menu when creating applications......and it just doesn't work that way.......google is not going to take the time to add options for another developers programs into one of their own......so the convenience key seems to be the best solution. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have been in contact with Virtual Views, the creators of SnapScreen and they have advised me of a way to test whether SnapScreen will work with your 3rd party applications.

Please see the update in bold red letters in my original review post, this explains how to test it. If you have questions just post, and if I don't know the answer, I'll try to get it for you from the developers.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    .....in order for it to show up in the menu for 3rd party applications, every developer would need to incorporate snapscreen into their menu when creating applications......and it just doesn't work that way.......google is not going to take the time to add options for another developers programs into one of their own......so the convenience key seems to be the best solution. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With all due respect, I dont buy that. There are plenty of 3rd party programs that incorporate their particular options in the legacy BB menus - PocketDay for one.

Exactly it puts itself into the BB menus......but it won't be in the google maps menu unless pocket day and google get together on that....right? Snapscreen is in the native BB menus.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by jrsbcc View Post
    With all due respect, I dont buy that. There are plenty of 3rd party programs that incorporate their particular options in the legacy BB menus - PocketDay for one.
    I decided to download a trial of pocketday since you used that as your example, and I went into google maps since that was the particular program you had issue with the snapscreen application not appearing in the menu.........and pocketday doesn't appear in the menu either.....but, if you assign pocketday to a convenience key you can open it while in google maps.....just like the way snapscreen works

I get it.

I'm coming from a WinMo xv6700 that I ahd for years and pretty much mastered. So I'm still in the learning mode re: the BB capabilities.

Thanks for the clarification.

Well, what do you know. The developer heard our concern and came out with ver 1.0.2, which puts the app on the Application Switcher. Good move! Frees up the convenience key!

Quote Originally Posted by jrsbcc View Post
    Well, what do you know. The developer heard our concern and came out with ver 1.0.2, which puts the app on the Application Switcher. Good move! Frees up the convenience key!

Thanks for letting me know they fixed that, it was an option in the first release, but as I mentioned in my review, the switch application toolbar would show up in the picture...kinda defeated the purpose. This is much better....

I had just downloaded the update but had not had the chance to play with it yet.....thanks again, I'll edit my original review to reflect the change....let me know if you find anything else new
    Twitter? My Apps List

For all of you who wanted to try before you buy, they are now offering a free trial, 3 days or 30 screenshots. Click the link in my original review post #1 to download.
    Twitter? My Apps List

ray_1060 no está en línea Stack level 2
    where did you get that theme, and is it available for the 8100?

Quote Originally Posted by ray_1060 View Post
    where did you get that theme, and is it available for the 8100?
    The theme is the crossbar theme from bplay......the one cheerichiodo told us about a couple weeks back, but I changed the wallpaper to one I liked better. You can buy the theme from bplay for your 8100 and I don't really remember where I got the wallpaper....but if you like it I could send it to you.....I think it works really nicely with this theme

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    When r they gonna get a ver that works with all OS??
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2 View Post
    When r they gonna get a ver that works with all OS??
    It will never work with an OS earlier than 4.3...it does work on 4.5......so those on 4.2 or earlier will have to wait untill the new OS is released and you can upgrade......hopefully soon.....just waiting on RIM!The capability is something only built into the 4.3 or later OS......the developer has no way of making it work on the earlier versions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast