Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Very addictive and fun Volleyball game for BlackBerry! Pros: Gameplay and help options are ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Simbsoft Volleyball Version 1 for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Verdict: Very addictive and fun Volleyball game for BlackBerry!
    Pros: Gameplay and help options are easily followed.
    Cons: Entering player name can be confusing and complicated.
    Overall rating: 4 out of 5

Price: $9.95
    File size: 471 KB
    Version: 1.0
    Release date: 05/09/06
    Last update date: 05/09/06
    Platform: BlackBerry
    Compatible Devices: BlackBerry 71xx, 72xx, 75xx, 77xx, 8700
    License: Try before you buy
    http://www.simbsoft.com/products/volleyballblackberry/

I just received a copy of this game to try on my 7105t and I agree with the addictiveness of this game as noted above from the website.

Object
    Win volleyball matches with Jelly boy.

Gameplay
    Control of the game is via buttons (they can be defined) or the trackwheel.

When you start up the game, the first screen you will see is the Volleyball Menu screen which features the Start, Stats, Options, About, Help and Exit options.

Clicking on Start takes you directly to the game itself. This is where you start playing the game against Blobby (Artificial Intelligence Level 1).

The next screen, Stats, is self-explanatory. It will list stats, such as your Name, Games you have played, Games you have won and how many Points have been scored.

The next screen, Options, is where I'm stuck and had to contact Support via their website (I will let you know if and when my issue has been solved). My problem is entering a player's name. It appears that you use the keypad to do this, but I don't know how.

You can also change the Control and Color of your player in the game. When you change these options for the Artificial Intelligence player, you the option of changing the Control to Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties. Blobby for the Easy control, Jelly for Medium Control, and Dodger for Hard control are your choices. Green, Cyan, Red, Violet, and Yellow are your choices for player color for both Human and AI players.

The About screen tells you basic information about the game, such as the version, where to download the full version of the game, and who to contact for help.

The Help screen gives you information about the Object of the game and How To Play.

How To Play
    You use the scroll wheel to make your player serve the ball with his hand, or bump the ball with his head, just as in regular volleyball. Jelly boy will contact the ball and follow it to the target. You have 3 chances to hit the ball (and prevent your opponent from doing the same) before it goes to the opponent. Then gameplay switches to the opponent. This goes back and forth until someone reaches 15 or 25 points.

Game Modes
    Classic, which is like a regular game of Volleyball where you win when you get 15 points. Oficial: Same as classic, except the player who reaches 25 points first wins.

So far, I am enjoying learning this game if I can ever figure out how to enter my name in the Player 1 slot. I will report back with an update.

Pictures to be added to my review have been attached to the below post.
    Have fun.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-15-2006 at 06:18 PM.

Re: Simbsoft Volleyball for BlackBerry

A zip file of screenshots has been attached for use with the review in this specific order:
    1)Main Screen
    2)Start
    3) Stats
    4) Options
    5) About
    6) Help (I took 4 screenshots to get all the help instructions)
    Last edited by hayden; 05-13-2006 at 11:22 AM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Simbsoft Volleyball Version 1 for BlackBerry

I tried the trail version, which doesn't give a lot of play. By the time I had figured out how to set the keys and actually play the trail was over. Seemed a little hard to play to me. And I had the same problem of not figuring out how to get it to let me play at first. The interface tries to be easy, and in some ways it is. The best part is that you can pick what keys do what, but that can be trouble in itself.

I have never been a volleyball fan, which may be why I did not care for this one. It may grow on you after a little bit of play. I wouldn't pay 10$ for this game, but I am more into Solitare and Soduko than this type of game.

I also only played for maybe 10 to 15 minutes. The trial is attached to how many games you can play, which is low, I think it was 4 or 5 and then this window pops up for x seconds, which increases, asking you to buy it to play more. That part I disliked the most, I prefer the couple of days trail like magmic games offer. It gives you time to try it out and get a feel for it. 4 games does not.

I would guess if you like Brickbreaker (which I don't & removed it from my BB) you will probably like this game.
    Last edited by hayden; 05-13-2006 at 11:22 AM.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Very detail review. Great stuff. Thinking I should have saved one of the reg for myself lol
    Last edited by hayden; 05-13-2006 at 11:23 AM.

LOL Hydn

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

This game is fun and addictive debating on whether to give up $10 to purchase full version.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Have not tried any games on my bb..I have a palm pilot and I keep all games on there..but since I got the bb I have not used that thing...LOL...the only time I would get to play agames on my bb would be on my way home or coming to work other than that...nope!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

I play a little bit at night as I am waiting to fall asleep... I find it relaxing and helps me get to sleep. I am a strange one tho
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Stackers if you noticed I've edited posts titles in this tread. The vendor email and asked to correct Simba to Simbsoft. Note the correction.

Thanks

I got a reply back from Simbsoft and they told me to use the trackwheel, keypad, and enter key to enter my name so if anyone wants to try this and let me know what to do, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Re: Review: Simbsoft Volleyball Version 1 for BlackBerry

Update: I have removed this program due to lack of support about the issue of entering a player name.

I am not sure how I changed the name... I just keep pushing buttons until it worked.....
    My Blog , My Flickr

Simbsoft no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Update: I have removed this program due to lack of support about the issue of entering a player name.
    To change player's name, press the trackwheel or Enter button when the option 'Player' (for 72xx and 75xx series) or 'Name' (for 71xx, 77xx, 8700) is focused. The black blinking cursor block will appear at the and of the player's name which means that you can edit the name. You can remove letters using Backspace and enter letters using buttons on your device keyboard. To finish editing press Enter or the trackwheel. The black blinking cursor block will disappear from the name field which means that editing is finished.

P.S. There's no player's name on the screenshots you made. This means that you removed the default player's name which was 'Player'. If you could remove the default player's name, you could edit the name.

I was never able to figure out how to change letters to edit my name. I would try to get different letters to come up but could only get the first letter to come up. I could only get "eeeee" instead of my name which is "erica."

I reloaded the game, tried to enter my name in the correct space and got the following

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast