Verdict: Very organized and thorough shopping list Pros: Lists every category of product you could ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: ShopMagic 1.3 For BlackBerry

Advertisement

Verdict: Very organized and thorough shopping list
    Pros: Lists every category of product you could ever want; allows you to mark off items to be sure nothing is forgotten; very easy interface.
    Cons: None
    URL: http://www.pdatopsoft.com/software/item.php?pid=5096
    Price: $12.95 USD
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

I am sure it has happened to everybody on this forum once or twice before (yes I've done it too, I admit LOL)...you go to the store to buy groceries or whatever and when you get home, you realize you forgot something because you didn't write a list of what you went for. With your BlackBerry and this little application, that's a thing of the past now.

ShopMagic is a list-type application that lists just about any item you need or want to pick up when you go shopping (for those of you who love list themes, you will find this easy to use). I am using the 14 day free trial but I am sure this is something I'd pay for because I am guilty of forgetting to buy something while shopping.

At the top of the main page are two options: Find and Category. When you select Categoy, it gives you a drop down menu of all the categories this program contains which is everything from Baby Items to Vegetables (there's even an Unnamed category which allows you to create a custom list). I'm not sure what the Find function does. Maybe I'll figure it out later LOL

Update: I figured out how to use the Find function with a little help from Melissaox. To use the Find feature, make sure you're not at the top of a category (say, Baby Items). Start typing an item you want, and it will show up in it's proper category. I typed in "m" and it immediately gave me every item in the list that began with "m." I found "milk" by scrolling down to the "Dairy and Spreads" category and highlighted "milk." Thanks Melissa.

To create a shopping list, the easiest way is to scroll down the list that is presented when you first open the app and select it. A (1) icon will show next to the item, indicating you selected to buy one of these items. You can change this according to how many of each item you need. Then click on Go Shopping! and it will present the items you selected in a list. As you buy each item, select "Mark As Bought". This will cross off each item and when you have no more items left, it will ask if you want to clear your list. I created a 3 item list, of juice, soda and milk. I then went to "Go Shopping!" and crossed off each item as if I was actually shopping. It's that easy.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has complained about forgetting something while shopping.

Supported models: 57xx, 58xx, 62xx, 67xx, 71xx (includes the 7105t although it's not listed), 72xx, 75xx, 77xx. Works on the 87xx series although it's not listed (got help from Stacker melissaox with this and the "Find" feature). Handheld OS must be at least 3.6.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-07-2006 at 04:59 PM.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: ShopMagic 1.3 For BlackBerry

Hmmm...I just use the Notepad on my BB to do the same thing. I just add to the list during the week, and when I go shopping I just delete the items off the list as I get them.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Thanks Erica I'll try it, I usually type out a list in my memopad but I'd much rather have a preset list to choose from that can be edited.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Will try right now if I can get my PC to behave.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Seems to work fine for me. I can type in an item, like milk, and it pops up in the list, I scroll down and pick it. Kinda neat.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Is that how the "Find" feature works? I couldn't figure it out.

yea, i just type, as long as I am not on top of the category, then it just changes the category.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Thanks for the tip. You helped me figure out 2 things at once: 1) how to use the "Find" feature and 2) to see if it would work on an 8700 series device as this model was not listed when I downloaded the trial and used that picture for the review.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I really like list applications. I miss the application I was using on Windows Mobile, Listmaker. It could do about everything.

I'll have to check out ShopMagic. Thanks Erica--good review.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Update: The price has gone up to $12.95 USD.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Do you know if it works on the pearl? I have been searching for a program to replace handy shopper which I had on my palm.

bellalisa99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Just an update. I bought ShopMagic and the program is really thorough. Thumbs up!