Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SEIDIO'S 2400mAh EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY! Verdict: This is an extraordinary Battery! "This Super ... Smartphone Reviews forum

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Review: Seidio's New Super Extended Battery for 8700G, 8703e and 8700C

Advertisement

SEIDIO'S 2400mAh EXTENDED LIFE BATTERY FOR BLACKBERRY!

Verdict: This is an extraordinary Battery!

"This Super Extended Battery provides approximately 140% more capacity than the 1000mAh battery that initially ships with the Blackberry or approximately 33% more capacity than the RIM 1800mAh Extended Battery. For those on the go without access to an external charging alternative, this is the answer. This battery will keep your Blackberry going throughout the day, even with very heavy phone and data usage.

With the purchase of this 2400mAh Extended Battery, you will receive one battery door to match your Blackberry.
    "

Price: For a limited time only, purchase this battery and battery door combo for the Blackberry for only $49.95

I started my day with a fully charged battery as usual but instead of my 8700g default battery, I was using the "Seidio's Super Extended Battery." I noticed once I installed the battery and door there was some added weight to my Blackberry, nothing extreme but it is noticeable. The extended battery cover seemed to make holding my Blackberry a tad easier, my hand kinda rests on the battery cover quite comfortably.

I wanted to see if my BB would fit the default clip-on case and it did. There was a nice advantage to removing the battery from the case because I just gripped the extended battery cover and slid the BB right out of the case, NICE! I own a Vaja lateral case that I use when I don't have a waistband to clip my BB on (ladies sometimes wear dresses you know) and I put my BB in my purse with the Vaja case so it won't get all scratched up. It was a snug fit but it fit, hooray! I could still protect my BB with the extended battery installed a giant plus for me.

On average my daily usage involves hundreds of text messages, moderate instant messaging, and a high volume of email messages as well. Yahoo Messenger is constantly running in the background on my Blackberry. Yesterday being Saturday my email usage was much heavier than usual, I guess more time to quickly reply to all those emails. I checked the status of the battery periodically throughout the day. It took a few hours for the battery level to reach 90% I was very impressed. By the time I was ready to turn in for the night my "Seidio Super Extended Battery" was only at 80%. When I had the default battery installed at the end of the day my battery was normally between "35% - 20%" never higher!

I decided not to charge the battery overnight and let my BB continue to receive text messages and emails throughout the night. This morning I had 13 emails and 26 text messages, I peeked at the battery status and it was still at 80%! This battery is awesome!!!! This battery is a must have for anyone who uses their BB period. Even if you aren't a heavy text user imagine how long you could possibly go without having to worry about charging your battery. I had to charge mine everynight with the default battery, at this rate I could possible go 3 days with the battery usage at only 20% - 30% per day. This battery is a must have for traveling BB Professionals and for the everyday average user!

I plan to upgrade to the 8800 when it comes out, but the difference this battery makes in daily usage makes me love my 8700g just a little bit more. It's worth the investment to buy the "Seidio's Super Extended Battery" until the 8800 shows it face on the scene, just my humble opinion!

Pros: With heavy usuage battery drains only at a 20% - 30% rate per day. The price is very affordable for both battery and cover!

Cons: NONE

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 (5 Thumbs UP!)

URL: http://www.seidioonline.com/

jpfinne no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204CAC0

Re: Review: Seidio's New Super Extended Battery for 8700G, 8703e and 8700C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Thanks for the great review, I will have to look into ordering one!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great review, thanks.I will wait for the 8800 version.

spook no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BDF652

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    WOW sounds like a good investment. I will have to look into this.
    Thanks for the info...

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4

I, too, am using the extended battery for the 8700g. I had tried ordering this item at smartphone depot back in June 2006, but they NEVER received their shipment for it. I consider myself a power user being that on an average day, I receive 50-70 emails from work alone. I also text a lot daily. Hence, I use around 2500 texts per month on average. I also frequent my web browser to check out pinstack and other websites. I run yahoo messenger, google talk, and pico news in the background as well. With the standard battery that comes with the 8700g, I was charging my battery 2-3 times per day. I work 10 hour days. With the extended battery, my battery status is at 80% when I get home. I'm very pleased with my results and I've even written seidio to tell them how great this product is. I've been wanting an extended battery for sometime, but there just wasn't an extended door that would fit the 8700g.

Thank you seidio for thinking of users with all versions of the 8700 series BlackBerry.

Since BlackBerry, like Treo and other such phones, are high powered data devices; I'm not sure why they don't come with an extended battery in the box. I'd gladly pay extra for it!!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

martin_j001 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24347b90

Been using mine for a bit over a week now and I'm very, very happy with it!!!
    HowardForums.com
    Acidstudioz.com

jackwins no está en línea Stack level 2

Ive been using the super extended battery with my 8703e and it is GREAT!!! I can go 3 days before recharging. This battery is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

Is anything like this available for the Pearl?

n.nichols no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E08383

Seidio's web site does include this battery for the Pearl.

Answered my own question.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I ordered it yesterday and am waiting for it to come in.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

I just ordered one thanks for the great reviews

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by n.nichols
    Seidio's web site does include this battery for the Pearl.

Answered my own question.
    We do have an extended battery for the Pearl. You can find it here:

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622

It comes with the battery door to which we've added an additional feature. Our door comes with the speaker grill making your Pearl easier to hear.

Thanks

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

I have ordered a battery and door for my 8700g, looking forward to putting it through its paces as I am out of the office and travel a lot.

Just hope it still fits in my case ;-)

fsantiago36 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249E3B0A

Lightbulb Re: Review: Seidio's New Super Extended Battery for 8700G, 8703e and 8700C

Images of extended battery and seidio case for 8700 series. the battery is a little bulky but gives the phone an awesome grip. the case has a nice felt material the oem case is just plastic. the sedio case also has a spring loaded clip at the top which gives you a secure feeling. vs the oem case which I dont know about you I always was reaching to see if my blackberry was there because nothing was holding the top. now i can swing the phone horizontally on my belt and not worry if the phone is going to fall out. hope the pics are a great for those of you looking for a new holster.

phillyslix no está en línea Stack level 4
    I purchased the extended battery for the 8700g and the pearl and they both work great! Now that the pearl is in white, you'll probably have people asking for a white extended battery door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast