Hello Pinstackers! I know other reviews have been done on this, but I wanted to ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Review : Seidio Innocase II and Holster Combo

Advertisement

Hello Pinstackers!

I know other reviews have been done on this, but I wanted to give my $.02, and offer my personal perspectives to this accessory, as well as post some photos.

I just got the new Seidio Innocase II and and the accompanying swivel holster yesterday for my 8900 and wanted to give you all my opinions. First off I have to say that while I liked the previous versions of this case in the past for my 8320, it left me wanting more. The improvements made in this version make it a top notch accessory.

One of the main drawbacks in the past were the thickness of the case. Well Seidio listened to us, and now its 1mm thick ( or thin in this case!) While its thin, it still is very hard and protective. It's rubberized which makes it flexible, and provides the extra "grip"

The other thing that has greatly been improved is how you put your beloved Berry in the case. In the past there were 2 pieces, one on the back, and one on the front, which snapped together. Well now the two pieces are on the top and on the bottom. First off, the one thing that helps now is that there is no "bar" running across the top of the keyboard, which at times in previous versions made typing a little difficult when hitting the keys on the top of the keyboard. No such issue anymore! Also, the sides of the case are far enough away from the keyboard, that there is no issue typing with the side keys as well.
    The inside of the case, as well as the back of the holster that butts up against the screen of your Berry is lined with a velvet-like material giving protection that is key in keeping the smokin hot 8900 screen scratch free.

The holster is also one of the best out there. Typically the "clip in" type holsters either are difficult to get your Berry in, or out. This isn't the case with this one. It is a little flexible, and it's really easy to get in and out. Not so easy that it flies out, as there is a little lip on the holster that fits perfectly into a small notch at the top of the case. Great design. I included a picture of the side view of the holster, and you can see the the lip that securely holds the Berry in the holster.

While I have always been a leather pouch, swivel holster guy for my Berry, the 8900 is such a premium berry that I want to protect it as well as keep my functionality. This one is by far the best in meeting my needs to date.

I've only had it a day, but I can't seem to find any cons of yet, but will edit this if I do. If you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to PM me!

Overall, I have to give it a 9.5/10, as with everything, there is always room for improvement.

The Innocase II and Holster combo is $49.95 and the Innocase II and leather case combo is $54.95. It may seem pricey, but as I've learned in the past, the resale value of your berry is so improved when you can sell it in primo condition when the next latest-and-greatest arrives ( hopefully sooner than later!) It's worth every penny in my boat!

This is available at www.seidioonline.com/category-s/3228.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Toddboy71; 02-25-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Left out link
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Good review. Unfortunately my leather pouch days are over..

Have you noticed any scratches on your bezel yet?
    -Tim

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post

Just the ones I had from dropping it once prior to getting this I've only had it a day, and will post back if I notice anything!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks for the review todd congrats on the new berry

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post

First of all very nice review. I had one of these, a different model on my 8310, and as ssnxp said, it DID rub a couple of shiny spots at the top. You may want to keep a close eye on that, maybe, put a piece of scotch tape between the phone and the case.

Kanyez no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why don't they make a version for the extended battery ? I jus bought the 2600 mah battery and because of the new bulk nothing will fit it and I have no protection at all .will they come out with a version for extended batterys ?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

tiazzigirl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249ecacb
    Great review...I had the Seidio innocase combo for my Curve, Cranberry Bordeux and I love it so much that I purchased a set for my Bold, Obsidian Black ...Kinda pricey yes but its top notch protection...

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanyez
    Why don't they make a version for the extended battery?
    Hello and thanks for your interest!

I have forwarded your suggestion to our product engineering team and they will definitely look into it. If a production plan is approved, Pinstack members will be one of the first to know!

Thank You

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Hello and thanks for your interest!

I have forwarded your suggestion to our product engineering team and they will definitely look into it. If a production plan is approved, Pinstack members will be one of the first to know!

Thank You
    Yeah, well I've recommended a few times over the past year or so that you guys add built-in screen protection to your cases, which really shouldn't be that hard to do. I guess the profit margin on those film screen protectors is too good let go!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good review and thanks for the pics too, Todd! I have been a fan of these cases for quite a while now. I'm currently using the "older" versions for my 8330 and 8320 and they have been great. It sounds like the new version for the 8900 is even better.

Also their support for the rare "problem" that might occur has been excellent in my experience. I don't plan to change my "case company" anytime soon.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com