Verdict: Works great -- stylish and durable. Pros: Holds phone with or without the Seidio ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

REVIEW: Seidio Horizontal Leather Case for the Pearl

Advertisement

Verdict: Works great -- stylish and durable.
    Pros: Holds phone with or without the Seidio Rubberized Case, magnetic phone lock
    Cons: Hard to access while seated in some chairs
    URL: Two-Toned Horizontal Leather Case for Pearl
    Price: $27.95 USD
    Overall rating: 5 out of 5

Seidio Two-Toned Horizontal Leather Case for the Pearl

I've owned this case for close over 4 months now and so I believe I have enough testing under my belt to give this a full review.

Fit and Finish
    Upon receiving the case, I noticed that it was everything described on the manufacturer's website. The leather was indeed very soft and the light stitching gave the case an apparence of professionalism. The two toned leather design looks very nice with the black BlackBerry Pearl.

All stitching was tight adn there were no loose threads. The fixed belt clip on the back was nice and stiff and the magnetic latching flap which holds the phone secured very tightly with an assuring click noise. All in all, I was very impressed with such a nice leather case for the price.

Ease of Use
    I've used this case with my Pearl both in a Seidio Rubberized case and with nothing on the Pearl. I will say, the case had to stretch a little to fit with the Rubberized case but after a week or so, it slid right in and out. Naked, the Pearl moves around slightly but nothing noticable or annoying.

The case attaches to my belt very tightly and therefore, one handed operation is quite simple. To put the phone in the case, I simply lift the flap and slide the phone in. Once the case is broken in, gravity will allow the flap to close around the phone with a reassuring snap. To remove the phone, I simply lift the flap and push the phone upwards using the access slot on the bottom. This flips the phone up enough to easily grab. Works very well for me.

Durability
    One thing I find lacking in many reviews is how well something wears. Having used this case for over 4 months, I believe I'm in a position to discuss this.

Keep in mind that this case is worn all day, every day -- even on weekends while I'm working in the garden, mowing my lawn or even helping the neighbors hay their field. I'm also not the most coordinated person so I tend to run it into a lot of things. I must say, it provides excellent protection for the Pearl

As you can see from the above pictures, the only wear show at all is on the edges of the closure flap. I'm sure this is not only the part of the case I touch the most (when inserting or removing the Pearl) but also the part that is most prone to rubbing up agains things as I go about my daily life. On the rear of the case, there is a slight bit of wear on the tip of the clip where it rubs against my pants. Other than that, the case looks just as nice as when I bought it. I'm quite satisfied with it's wear.

Summary
    I purchased this case because I wanted a professional looking case to wear to work that would also act to lock my Pearl via the magnetic locking mechanism. This case was a good deal at the time and now having used it for a while I would consider it a great bargin.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: REVIEW: Seidio Horizontal Leather Case for the Pearl

Thanks for the great review.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: REVIEW: Seidio Horizontal Leather Case for the Pearl

You're more than welcome. I've learned a lot here so I want to give back where possible.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

UPDATE: 6 Months of use or so

After about a year of use, I have to say that I'm still using the case every day. While it's showing its wear, it's still performing flawlessly.

As you can see from the above photos, there is additional wear on all corners of the holster. While they don't affect functionality, I'm about ready to retire this product.

Also, of greater importance, is the fact that the end of the metal clip is poking through the leather. It's somewhat sharp metal and therefore, could potentially wear your pants where it comes in contact.

Overall, I've found this product easily lived up to my somewhat hard use for close to a year which rates pretty high in my book!

EDIT: Please disregard the title of this post. It's actually been closer to a year of use.
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade