I got in my FM Transmitter Kit today from Seidio. I already owned a 2.5mm ... Smartphone Reviews forum

BamaFan2989 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask :)

Review Seidio FM Transmitter Kit

Advertisement

I got in my FM Transmitter Kit today from Seidio. I already owned a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack for my cell phones to be able to use headphones, so I didn't have to purchase one from Seidio (I am sure their's is very nice.) The FM Transmitter Kit came with a Car Adapter USB Cable, the FM Transmitter itself, and a Retractable Audio Cable.

I sat down in my car, and I plugged the Car Adapter into my Cigarette Lighter (that I never use :]), then plugged the USB male jack into the female one on the FM Transmitter, then I plugged in the Retractable Audio Cable to my FM Transmitter and my Pearl (which has the 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack).

I tuned the radio to 105.9 FM on both my radio and the transmitter, and all worked well.

The only problem you should really run into, is the length of the car adapter, but if you don't have a cd player you don't really mind.

The sound was transmitted very nicely, and everything worked smoothly.

I needed this because I have no cd player in my car, so now I can hear music off my Blackberry when I am driving to and from college everyday...

I give this a 5 out of 5.
    Attached Images Attached Images

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Review Seidio FM Transmitter Kit

Ok, so this is kind of like an Ipod transmitter?

PIN/ID

Yes.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~pretty cool, I should see if my wireless xmitter for my ipod works on here

rdbrown no está en línea Stack level 1

Sooo...what happens if someone calls? I have also been looking to find a way to play music stored on the pearl through the car stereo, but I'd also like to use the device as a hands free tool.

inturinaveen no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFan2989 View Post
    I got in my FM Transmitter Kit today from Seidio. I already owned a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack for my cell phones to be able to use headphones, so I didn't have to purchase one from Seidio (I am sure their's is very nice.) The FM Transmitter Kit came with a Car Adapter USB Cable, the FM Transmitter itself, and a Retractable Audio Cable.

I sat down in my car, and I plugged the Car Adapter into my Cigarette Lighter (that I never use :]), then plugged the USB male jack into the female one on the FM Transmitter, then I plugged in the Retractable Audio Cable to my FM Transmitter and my Pearl (which has the 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack).

I tuned the radio to 105.9 FM on both my radio and the transmitter, and all worked well.

The only problem you should really run into, is the length of the car adapter, but if you don't have a cd player you don't really mind.

The sound was transmitted very nicely, and everything worked smoothly.

I needed this because I have no cd player in my car, so now I can hear music off my Blackberry when I am driving to and from college everyday...

I give this a 5 out of 5.
    from where you got 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack??

Pls let me know

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by rdbrown View Post
    Sooo...what happens if someone calls? I have also been looking to find a way to play music stored on the pearl through the car stereo, but I'd also like to use the device as a hands free tool.
    When someone calls, the music is automatically paused, and your ringer will play through the headphones or speakers, wherever your music is coming from. Hang up, and the music resumes.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by inturinaveen View Post
    from where you got 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack??

Pls let me know
    Right here at the Pinstack store:
    http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/h...ubcategory=157

If you're looking someplace local any good Audio/Video store or RadioShack would have them, but I've heard of people having problems with ones that aren't made for the Pearl since it has 4 connections instead of a normal 3 for plain stereo.

PIN/ID

yeah i bought my 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack off seidioonline.com

but you can get them from radioshack or wal mart even maybe.