They did it again! Another slim extended battery for the Pearl 8100. Got this in ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Seidio 1500mAh BB Pearl 8100 Slim Extended Battery

Advertisement

They did it again! Another slim extended battery for the Pearl 8100. Got this in the mail yesterday and charged it for about 8 hours (12:30 AM-8:30 AM Central).

Going to do another 7 day review (starting today) of this battery but today it performed like a champ just like my other 2 extended batteries from them.

Product: Seidio 1500mAh BlackBerry Pearl (8100) Slim Extended Battery
    Price: $44.95
    Verdict: One Good Battery For Power Users
    Pros: Performed Like A Champ Under Extreme Usage
    Cons: Still Slightly Larger Than The 1250mAh OEM Sized Extended Battery for the 8130, Hefty Price for a Small Battery
    Overall Rating:
    5/5

As I said, I got this battery yesterday in the mail and waited until early this morning (about 12:30 AM) to insert it into my Pearl and begin the charging process. I gave it the full recommended 6-8 hour charging time before the first usage. I pulled the BB off the charger this morning around 8:30 AM and the test began.

I think I used almost all features except the phone, camera, voice features, games and MP3 player (I wanted to see how long the battery would last playing the MP3 player and a few games but didn't get around to it).

I'm keeping a log of the 7 day test in my Memos section on my Pearl.

First place I took this battery for usage was my hairdresser's shop. This is a place where I used to get NO SIGNAL on my previous phone. However, I got between 1-3 bars the entire time (5 hours) and never went below EDGE connection speeds for browsing a few sites I normally go to on the BB browser. I texted, emailed, pinned, IM'ed without completely losing signal. Battery was down to 80% when I left. I also used the calendar and the application StudentBerry to keep track of an upcoming study group session and quiz on Monday night for my one class.

Once I left there, I had no more signal problems and was able to continue browsing, emailing, texting, and chatting. I turned on BlueTooth for about 2 hours but didn't need it today.

By the time I began this review (8:36 PM) I had 20% power left over. Amazingly good for another small battery. I put it back on the charger and am preparing it for another heavy day tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 02-08-2008 at 11:36 PM.

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

Re: Review: Seidio 1500mAh BB Pearl 8100 Slim Extended Battery

will the new battery door allow for the phone to fit in this leather tmo holster that i have do you think? i dont know the exact name of it or whatever if it even has one. im wanting to get an extended batt. but want to still be able to fit my phone in my holster.

It fits in my T-Mo OEM Vertical Pouch with Magnetic Flap Closure.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Just an update. This battery kept my BB charged during the outage the other day. So it can go up to 2 days with light to moderate use.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

nice wish they made a slim for curve i dont like it all battery in back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wait I have to buy a new back for my phone

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ It comes with the battery. As for the update on the performance of this battery, this thing is amazing. It gets 2 days even with my extreme data and light phone usage.

LuvMyBbPearl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XXXXXXXX

I could see that it is slightly bigger than the standard battery! But will i still be able to use my rubberized case for my phone? or will i have to buy a special kind of case for it?