Verdict: Very easy to use product; sticks to screen to protect from scratches, etc. Pros: ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: ScreenGuardz

Advertisement

Verdict: Very easy to use product; sticks to screen to protect from scratches, etc.
    Pros: Easy to apply; reliable protection
    Cons: Bubbles can be hard to remove; takes up to 24 hours to remove totally
    URLS: http://www.screenguardz.com/phones/blackberry-7100t; http://www.screenguardz.com/phones/blackberry-7105t
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
    Price: $12.99 USD

ScreenGuardz

Still browsing the forums looking for things to help out the Stackers here and I mentioned that I had gotten ScreenGuardz but forgot to describe what they were, how they worked, etc.

How many times per day do you find yourself looking at your BlackBerry screen and end up wiping it with a towel, shirt, pant leg, etc? Want a better solution to keep that screen clean? Enter ScreenGuardz.

ScreenGuardz are clear screen protectors designed to protect your phone's screen from scratches, dirt, oil, etc (and are almost invisible when applied correctly and allowing up to 24 hours for bubbles to resolve). They come in packs of 15 guards and a squeegee. Static from the BlackBerry is used to adhere the guard to the screen and cling to the screen. The box they come in has instructions printed on it but I put them here to make them more understandable.

To apply a screen guard, your BB screen must first be cleaned with cloth or tissue and have nothing else attached to the screen. You then peel 1 inch of a corner off the backing. I had a lot of trouble applying these to my 7105t but had no problems applying them to my 7100t, hence the need for the screen protector in the case I got for my 7105t.

The next step requires a VERY steady hand. You have to align the top of the screen guard with the top edge of your screen. Then, making sure to keep it straight, apply the remaining part of the guard to the screen by pulling it off the backing going in a downward direction. The squeegee enclosed will help ensure that you have the screen flat and that the air bubbles that are created during application are removed, by pressing down on the guard with the squeegee. Some will still remain but will go away after up to 24 hours. It will be a little difficult to see the screen at first but after the bubbles go away, it's almost impossible to tell you have anything on the screen. If you do not get them on the way you want the first time, they can easily be peeled up and realigned for a better fit on your screen.

I had seen other protectors for BlackBerry devices but these use soapy water to make the protector stick to the screen (saturating the protector in water and applying while still wet, then drying), and I know a lot of you stackers (including me) don't want your BlackBerry wet (other than the occasional accidental swim in water or a drink LOL). ScreenGuardz are the alternative if you want your screen protected but are fearful of water and BlackBerries mixing. Plus, these are easily replaceable by just finding a corner of the protector and peeling it up and applying a new guard.

These are good if you have a case that does not have a protector on it or if you have a pouch-type case and don't want your screen scratched or dirty. If I didn't get the protector built in on my case, I would still be using them, but they are getting good use on my 7100t.

I had a picture of egrips but wasn't able to attach it to the picture. It's at www.screenguardz.com and look for BlackBerry 7105t.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-06-2006 at 08:14 PM.

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: ScreenGuardz

I might have to get me some of these protectors.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I'll look at PPC-Techs to see if they have screen protectors for the BB. I use their protectors on my TabletPC and my PDAs and the units are very good.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Off Topic Kinda, But I am looking for the slip guards that go on the side and back of the BlackBerry (8700), but really don't want to pay for them, so if anyone would be interested in trading a pair for a Stock 8700 holster from T-Mobile (Plastic) and/or a stock 8700 holster from Cingular (Leather, elastic sides, open top), let me know.

N8

Re: Review: ScreenGuardz

Try these http://www.shieldzone.com and look for the BlackBerry 8700g full body Shield. While you're there, do they have the full body shield for the 7105t yet? LOL Thanks. Me and the Screen Guardz didn't get along LOL

I found the full body shield. And an update on the screenguardz: They didn't work as well as I thought they did. They kept falling off the 7105t after 2-3 days. I went thru all 15 in less than a month and didn't even bother to order another box. But what's funny is that I tried them on 2 different phones and the ones I put on my 7100t stayed on until I took them off.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    So does that mean the review above is now mute point? If anyone has tried the full body guards let me know, I'm interested but want to know if they work...