Remote Desktop For Mobiles URL: http://www.desktopmobiles.com/ Pros: Access EVERY thing on your computer from your ... Smartphone Reviews forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

REVIEW: Remote Desktop For Mobiles

Advertisement

Remote Desktop For Mobiles

URL: http://www.desktopmobiles.com/
    Pros: Access EVERY thing on your computer from your handheld, not just files!
    Cons: Should probably only use if you have EDGE/EVDO access
    Overall Rating: 5/5
    Price: $35USD-Discounts for package purchases;Free Trial

So, how many times have you been away from your computer and decided that you forgot to enter something on your computer. Or you have a program that you need to use that other Remote Desktops can't do over your Blackberry?

Remote Desktop for Mobiles solves this problem. This has now become the "Coolest" feature on my device. You are offered a free trial version, so feel free to try it yourself.

After setting up your device and your computer, you will have the ability to log onto your computer and within seconds you will be viewing your computers desktop on your Blackberry screen. You will then have the ability to do anything on your computer as if you were actually sitting in front of the computer, however you will be on your Blackberry.

While using this trial, I never once encountered a problem opening or using any programs. I opened up a program that we use for our accounts, and was able to view and even print the report all from my Blackberry.

I think I may also be the first person ever to get video on a Blackberry (yeah, it was choppy and no sound, but it WAS video). I simply opened up my Firefox Explorer, went to CNN and clicked on a video and TADA! There it was on my Blackberry screen streaming. This really served no purpose other than for me to see if it would actually work, but it did and I was thrilled.

I am in love with this program. And it is simple to use to. You have the ability to zoom in to clearly see certain parts of the screen. The ability to scroll back and forth around the screen. The controls are very simple also. With a click you open your options, choose mouse and you have the option to click once, double click, right click, click and hold, etc.

Bottom line: I have tried many other similar type programs in the past, and this is by far the best RMD that I have come across. Since they have a free trial, I recommend you try it for yourself. Setup is easy, simple and well explained. Oh, and compared to the prices of other programs for Blackberry Devices, this one is VERY reasonably priced.

*If you happen to review this device too, please feel free to add your thoughts here.
    Last edited by melissaox; 07-08-2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fixed URL was not working

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: REVIEW: Remote Desktop For Mobiles

How did you get it to work? I couldn't.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

What was wrong with it when you tried to get it to work? Its about a 20 minute set up process over all...
    You first need to go to the website and download the desktop controller...Then set it up and and an account to it..

Then go their wap site, download the program onto your BB. When you register a new account, you will have to wait for the confirmation email to be sent back before it will let you access it.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

setup is a bit of a pain. I started using it about a year ago and the developer is really kewl. He actaully added a few features and fixed a few bugs I found and then sent me an updated wap install even before he relased the patched version on his website. I still use it. Nothing like being able to fix a downed server with a simple restart from my buddy's boat

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Exactly...I am going to go ahead and probably have them put on all the computers here, so when I am out of the office having to try and walk one of the morons who I work with through it step by step I can just do it myself.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I might have to try this out this weekend. Being sent across country next week for work. Should give me an oppurtunaty to try this out.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I finally got it to work.

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

It says select device and i choose blackberry but the page just seems to refresh and it never saves my selection

I could really use this software. please help

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

U can save a few $, with RDM+ by SHAPE services, and the FREE Real VNC.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

senseijake no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2140331B

Got it to work just had to google RDM+ for blackberry. the software is awesome im definately going to purchase it after the trial ends

tj2311111 Guest

Any cheaper versions of software like this avaliable? I really dont want to spend $50 on this if there are other cheaper options available. I would like to try them all out and then make a decision if it is worth $50.