The first review I saw of this product was here on PinStack back a month ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Thumbs up Review: QuickLaunch v2.0 for the BlackBerry Storm

Advertisement

The first review I saw of this product was here on PinStack back a month or so ago: review here by Toddboy71. I guess I hadn't realized what an awesome app it was until GaryF told me about it pre-show last week prior to the PScast. I downloaded it on Friday night, but unfortunately, received an older version which didn't work with my current OS (menu flickered when open -- which is a theme issue). After only one email to the developer, I had the corrected version (AND on a weekend even).

QuickLaunch allows you to have an uncluttered home screen with all of your favorite apps/shortcuts/functions available by one click of the convenience key.

As you can see from the screenshots above, you can customize the menu by moving items, filing them into "sub-menus" and adding separators to the list to keep it more organized.

As seen above, I've added the apps that I access the most, but are not accessible thru the native app switcher. If you have someone that you email or SMS frequently, you can add a shortcut to email that person (instead of opening email/sms, then adding contact, etc.). Since I like organization, I have filed the two most frequent SMS receivers under "SMS folder", as well as frequently visited sites in a "web" folder.

As a theme builder, when developers include UI customization, I am in heaven. QuickLaunch allows you to choose font style, size and color in addition to menu location (right side or left side). The color choice is a big plus considering that anyone using a theme with black menus will find out sooner or later that "most" third party apps aren't compatible because the BlackBerry defaults to black font on most everything. It also allows you the choice (I like making my own choices) of showing the time and also the temp for your zip code.

You also have the ability to set the volume up/down to use for scrolling on the QuickLaunch menu. Also, as seen in the screenshots below, you have the option to backup your QuickLaunch settings so that there is no need to re-customize if the device crashes or you need to reload.

Overall rating: 5 out of 5
    Pros: ability to access almost any app/shortcut without leaving current; UI customizable
    Cons: there is no trial version
    Price: $4.99 (you can purchase a few different ways -- mobihand.com or BB App World)
    Product Site: www.nikkisoft.com

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Nice review and good pictures. I like it so far I've been using it for a few days...
    -Josh

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    Nice review and good pictures. I like it so far I've been using it for a few days...
    i'm sure after using it for a little longer, i'll figure out more uses for it but for now, the $5 was WELL spent