Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm sure others have discussed or reviewed, but I just wanted to take a few ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Review: QuickLaunch!

Advertisement

I'm sure others have discussed or reviewed, but I just wanted to take a few minutes and give some of my opinions on this application. I have been using it since it was in beta for the 8900, and just loaded another beta (1.5) on my 8900, and I am loving it.

One of the best things I like about this application is the ability to customize. You can now change just about everything to view it exactly how you want. In the new beta, you can customize colors of the text. One of the problems I would occasionally have in some of the beta themes using Plazmic is the inability to see the text depending on the menu colors of the theme. Now you can change the text color to one of several colors eliminating that issue.

By far my favorite feature of this is basis of the program. If I am typing an email, and my BBM indicator goes off informing me I have a new message, normally you would have to save the email ( hoping you don't make an error and NOT SAVE THE DRAFT!) and skip over to your BB Message. With Quicklaunch, simply set a convenience key to open QL, scroll to BBM, and open it. Seamlessly switch back and forth, or head to the browser, or nearly any other application on your BB.

You can also add websites you frequent, different videos or pictures you have stored on your media card, or any document you may have. Just launch Quicklaunch from any screen on your BB, and open that Victoria Secrets Fashion show video you downloaded from Bla1ze's site =)

If you have a UMA enabled device like I do, one of the worst things that happens to me is when I automatically connect to a wifi connection when I'm on the fringe of the signal, and then I get a call that gets dumped. Well, with QL, easily toggle wifi on/off to eliminate this feature!

You can add separators to organize the items you launch, however I don't use that feature.

The long and short is, give the free trial a go. Play around with it. Everyone can find different advantages that suits their individual needs. The real kicker is the application is under $5. How many of us drop $7 on a theme that we don't even know if we'll like once loaded on our device.

I have attached some screens of the application for your viewing pleasure. Feel free to PM me or post here any questions and I'll do my best to answer!

Unless things have changed and devices have been added, the application is compatible with the Storm, 8900, Bold, 83xx and 81xx devices.

The application can be downloaded from: http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?id=26144
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    great review, and great to hear from you...def something to check out
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the review I will have to take another look at this app.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Gonna have to check on this!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    If I have bought version 1.3 is it possible for me to upgrade without paying again?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've been using for maybe a month now and I would miss it greatly if I lost it. Takes just a bit of getting used to, but once you do its much quicker to get around your berry.

I've got web shortcuts, sms to gf, fav apps etc all right there. Nice not having to jump out of whatever you're in to change apps. Little better than app switcher since app doesn't have to be open to change.

Nice to have device info (great for quick check of available mem during beta testing), event log, options etc. I agree with the review, very nice, and the price is great.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i'm not finding 1.5...1.4 is all i can find
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I've heard of a beta for 1.5. What about the 1.4? Is it possible to upgrade without repurchasing?

Haven't looked yet. I do know the newest version supports the curve. I'm running 1.3. Maybe I should look into upgrading.

Make that the pearl.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 04-08-2009 at 09:04 AM.

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use QL all the time. I've also read theme reviews from some who now use themes with no icons, in order to show their wallpaper, and just use QL to launch their apps.

moveovr no está en línea Stack level 1
    How do I get on the beta testing team. This is a great program, and would love to join in the testing to make it even better for all of us ...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moveovr View Post
    How do I get on the beta testing team. This is a great program, and would love to join in the testing to make it even better for all of us ...

thanks
    If you're referring to my post, its not a team but one of the stacks social groups. Made up mostly of folks who tested BerryWeather. Its invite only. Hopefully that doesn't sound snobbish, not meant to.

701 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Great application,I use it all the time being assigned to my right lateral key. But for some time I have Intelliberry which is way better.
    Still,I am not sorry I paid for this one,it was cheap.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    1.5 for 9000 and 8900 should be available this weekend I think I was told. Not sure about other devices.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

Btw, I had emailed the developer yesterday about upgrades. Owners will be notified when upgrades are released and of course the upgrade is free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast