Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm suprised so many people haven't heard of this app lol. I think I just ... Smartphone Reviews forum

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh

Advertisement

I'm suprised so many people haven't heard of this app lol. I think I just googled blackberry podcast app and it popped up and I fell right in love
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm gonna have to give this one a try too. I'm a big and appreciative fan of Chris and his ap but I can't resist looking at this on any more.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I DL and attempted to add four of my favorite podcasts - Pod Trapper only accepted one of them. I used the same saved addresses that I use with my other Podcast program. Anyone else have any trouble adding podcasts?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

...and why do I have 2 icons? One that says "Podtrapper" and one that says "Podtrapper Play/Pause"?????

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I DL and attempted to add four of my favorite podcasts - Pod Trapper only accepted one of them. I used the same saved addresses that I use with my other Podcast program. Anyone else have any trouble adding podcasts?
    OK, I got this one figured out - had to reboot again and it took the links I added. Working with the settings - I don't want auto-download until I can set limits the way I want.

I still haven't figured out the need for two icons.

marwatk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I still haven't figured out the need for two icons.
    Hi jblackfish,

The dual icons thing is a total hack to get around the fact that 3rd party apps can't listen for keypresses when they're in the background. The 'Play/pause' icon works like the mute button should if I had access to it, in that it will play or pause the currently playing item in PodTrapper. It's meant to be assigned to a convenience key so you have quick access to pausing PodTrapper without having to bring it to the foreground. Most people just hide it, though.

Hope this helps.

-Marcus
    VersatileMonkey.com

Your explanation DOES help - thanks! When I DL this ap I made the mistake of adding feeds before customizing it to NOT autoload and now, even after customizing, when I start the ap it's STILL trying to (auto) DL that 1st cast that it started the first time I executed. (I think that's what's going on.)

I don't want to delete the feed - I just want it to stop downloading! That's a little frustrating. Maybe you could set the initial default to NOT auto load.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-26-2009 at 09:32 AM.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I dont want to sound like a moron but what exactly are podcasts?
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net
    http://briandominic.vox.com/

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    I dont want to sound like a moron but what exactly are podcasts?
    Clark, They're basically recorded programs that you can download and listen to on your electronic device, i.e., a Blackberry, a P-C, etc. Check here for the PS Podcast and, if you have iTunes, you can download this one using that and listen in. That's probably the easiest way to get started.

If you like it, then you can pursue listening in on you Blackberry next. If you Google podcasts you'll find an unending list of different types, news, movies, just for fun, etc. podcasts. Keep posting if you don't understand or need help.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    OK thanks, I understand. So this podtrapper just enables you to listen in on your bb device? I did listen to the first pscast and its pretty cool.
    This is my Blackberry. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me my Blackberry is useless. Without my Blackberry I am useless.

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent51ny View Post
    OK thanks, I understand. So this podtrapper just enables you to listen in on your bb device? I did listen to the first pscast and its pretty cool.
    Yes. Why don't you try the free one (so far at least) here. It's easier to use - I like it a little better than Pod Trapper for starting simply because it doesn't have so many confusing options for the beginner and it works. Give it a try - try this one too if you feel like playing around. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    Ok thanks for the advice

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

Good luck, Clark. I'm going to be away most of the day but, if you have a problem and no one helps out, I WILL get back to you - it just might not be right away.

BTW, look here for the thread about the podcast progam that I recommended. It's put out by a PS member for our testing and use.

PIN/ID
    305DA705
    cool thanks buddy

BDG51@vzw.blackberry.net

SimonSage no está en línea Device Pro
    I've been using PodTrapper for about a month or two now and I love it. The option to watch the episodes in the native BlackBerry media player is surprisingly handy, but really, wirelessly downloading full episodes is where it's at. Wi-Fi seemed so useless on my iPod Touch if it was only ever really used for internet browsing, and not music loading.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast