Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pocket Informant lets you manage your life in the easiest most versatile life management program ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

REVIEW: Pocket Informant for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Pocket Informant lets you manage your life in the easiest most versatile life management program on any mobile device! Use the exclusive Roles system to scale the interface to your needs and the Events Views to bring focus on what you have coming up!

Download free trial here

Calendar Events
    - Four views: day (two types: classic and simple), week, month and agenda
    - Common features: Possibility to show tasks, move events/tasks right from the list view, go to today/date menu commands Day View (Classic): Configurable time scale, configurable all-day/tasks event area
    - Week View: Scrolling by week or by day, showing 5/7 days week
    - Month View: Displaying events summary in the calendar, detailed view of the selected day (configurable area), optional ability to navigate events of the currently selected day
    - Agenda View: Displays configurable number of days, optional headers for empty days

Tasks
    - Three views: simple list, tree grouped by status, tree grouped by category - All support quick search filtering (optional)
    - Moving tasks to a different date
    - Completing tasks
    - Additional filtering by category/status
    - There is a full support for recurring tasks or events. Additionally for recurring tasks there is an option to configure recurrence rules (new date based on due or completion date) globally or on per-task basis.

Contacts
    - One view with quick search filter (optional)
    - Direct calling/SMS/emailing
    - Category filtering
    - Create event for the contact
    - Viewing/Editing contacts support all standard BB contact fields plus many optional fields which correspond to Outlook contact fields

Configuration
    - Configurable Keyboard shortcuts for:
    - Moving to any view
    - Creating new items
    - Moving events/tasks
    - Going to today/next/previous day/week/month
    - Configurable Space (scrolling/selecting) and Back (close app, minimize app, go to the previous view) button actions
    - There are many optional menu commands: delete/edit/move event or task etc. which are configurable from a special Options category

Sync Options
    With version 1.00 Pocket Informant syncs only to the internal BlackBerry PIM database which then syncs to BES or anything else that works with the BlackBerry.

I used another similiar application back when I had my 7100g (you couldn't make today themes back then ) that I really liked because of the customizable options for the calendar view. Honestly, I don't really need to look at what I have coming up in the next few hours. I need to know what I have coming up in the next week, or next few days. Color coding also helps me because I am a visual person and associate many events with colors based on importance, etc. PI is visually pleasing with an awesome user interface. If the task program that comes with the BlackBerry just doesn't do it for you, then you should definately try out PI. With three different task views, this app is extremely user friendly and would meet just about anyone's needs.

Download free trial here

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Great program - with a fabulous development team that ran the longest beta program I have ever been a part of to get it right. Most others would have released at least a month or two earlier, but WebIS wanted to make sure they had it working at very high quality level

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Got it installed... (and at a heck of a price, I might add)... Giving it a go on my Bold... will report back soon

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    I installed it..and it looks great..but I do have a question. I have different calendars but I mostly use my Unite calendar, however its not picking up anything from any other calendar except my gmail...any suggestions
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

mdlissner no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by BBAddict8100 View Post
    I installed it..and it looks great..but I do have a question. I have different calendars but I mostly use my Unite calendar, however its not picking up anything from any other calendar except my gmail...any suggestions
    I believe PI will only pick up the one set as your default (Settings > Advanced Options > Default Settings) There are ones for Calendar, address book and Messaging on my 8800 running 4.5.0.69

BBAddict8100 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30694B05
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner View Post
    I believe PI will only pick up the one set as your default (Settings > Advanced Options > Default Settings) There are ones for Calendar, address book and Messaging on my 8800 running 4.5.0.69
    Thank you, I will try that right now..
    BBADDICT8100@PINSTACK.COM
    NEW PIN 30694B05
    GOOGLETALK: JUDYJUSTIN973
    YAHOO: JUDYJUSTIN973
    AIM: JEEPGIRL2K3

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Very nice app !
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

akac no está en línea Developer
    Thanks! Right now the BlackBerry does not give us full control over all the calendars on the device - only the one that you setup as the Default. I am quite sure RIM will rectify this in the future and when they do, we'll be right there with multi-calendar support.

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    i love pocket informant (have used it before) but on my blackberry i cannot get the icons to load---any suggestions?

akac no está en línea Developer
    You have to install the optional icon pack. If you install with the EXE installer, its in there. If you install OTA, its not there.

Let me go update the site to point to the Icon Pack - ok prelim update is done (I'll make it nicer to read/see later today) - top right corner. You'll have to go to the WebIS site and click on PI for BlackBerry to download it OTA (I can't post links here yet).

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    thanks akac

here's the ota link to install the icons package

icon package download

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Things are running smoothly so far and it's leaps and bounds better than the stock BB calendar...

The icon still isn't optimized for the Bold's screen however... given that it works flawlessly so far, that actually surprises me and I hope its updated soon!

Will continue to test it over the next few days and offer more insights soon...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Maybe Im Just A Dimwad But I Cant Get The Icons To Work

Threekings no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great app thanks for the info. Purchasing today.
    Takes me back to my Palm days. Nice to see some new apps like this to replace the vanilla.

fritsjakma no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E4C9C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I used to have PI on my Compaq PDA and I am very happy that it is finally available for BB.I installed it but unfortunately it does not fully reproduce all my agenda entries. What would be the resaon? trial version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast