Pocket Informant lets you manage your life in the easiest most versatile life management program on any mobile device! Use the exclusive Roles system to scale the interface to your needs and the Events Views to bring focus on what you have coming up!
Download free trial here
- Four views: day (two types: classic and simple), week, month and agenda
- Common features: Possibility to show tasks, move events/tasks right from the list view, go to today/date menu commands Day View (Classic): Configurable time scale, configurable all-day/tasks event area
- Week View: Scrolling by week or by day, showing 5/7 days week
- Month View: Displaying events summary in the calendar, detailed view of the selected day (configurable area), optional ability to navigate events of the currently selected day
- Agenda View: Displays configurable number of days, optional headers for empty days
- Three views: simple list, tree grouped by status, tree grouped by category - All support quick search filtering (optional)
- Moving tasks to a different date
- Completing tasks
- Additional filtering by category/status
- There is a full support for recurring tasks or events. Additionally for recurring tasks there is an option to configure recurrence rules (new date based on due or completion date) globally or on per-task basis.
- One view with quick search filter (optional) - Category filtering
- Direct calling/SMS/emailing
- Create event for the contact- Viewing/Editing contacts support all standard BB contact fields plus many optional fields which correspond to Outlook contact fields
Configuration - Configurable Keyboard shortcuts for:
- Moving to any view
- Creating new items
- Moving events/tasks
- Going to today/next/previous day/week/month
- Configurable Space (scrolling/selecting) and Back (close app, minimize app, go to the previous view) button actions
- There are many optional menu commands: delete/edit/move event or task etc. which are configurable from a special Options category
With version 1.00 Pocket Informant syncs only to the internal BlackBerry PIM database which then syncs to BES or anything else that works with the BlackBerry.
I used another similiar application back when I had my 7100g (you couldn't make today themes back then
) that I really liked because of the customizable options for the calendar view. Honestly, I don't really need to look at what I have coming up in the next few hours. I need to know what I have coming up in the next week, or next few days. Color coding also helps me because I am a visual person and associate many events with colors based on importance, etc. PI is visually pleasing with an awesome user interface. If the task program that comes with the BlackBerry just doesn't do it for you, then you should definately try out PI. With three different task views, this app is extremely user friendly and would meet just about anyone's needs.