Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Very easy to use product for organized BB users. Pros: Easy to use interface ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Pocket Day

Advertisement

Verdict: Very easy to use product for organized BB users.
    Pros: Easy to use interface and options
    Cons: Color options for text were not labelled to see what color is being chosen.
    URL:
    http://www.crossriversystems.com
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Pocket Day Personal
    $19.99 USD

I just received a copy of Pocket Day Personal and set it up so I thought I'd give a review. A few of you may already have this, but for those of you who are looking for a program/today screen that is organized, this is for you. There are MANY options so I am going to just go over basics. You can go into each option and view details and set them up as you like.

The first screen is the Today screen. It lists Missed Calls, Unread Email, Appointments, Tasks, Weather, Stocks, and a Google Search. Each of these can be clicked on immediately to read your messages, etc.

On the Today screen, in the Task List, there will be a reminder to Set Up Pocket Day. You can dismiss this reminder by clicking on it and selecting "Change Option" to Complete. There is a Priority option and it is set to "Normal."

The Weather screen is set to New York but you can go to Settings to your city by changing the Zip Code.

The Stocks screen lists the stocks for RIMM (Research In Motion) but you can add/remove your own stocks.

To set up the Settings for each option, click on any of the screens and choose "Settings" from the menu. This brings up a menu containing settings for General, Communications, Weather/Stocks, Colors/Fonts, Key Mappings, Utility Settings, and Reply-To Settings.

General settings consists of the following options which can be changed: Start Views (Today, Week, and Month views); Date Format (mm/dd and dd/mm); Show 1st Line of Notes; Show Completed Tasks; Task Colors as Background; Show Battery as Percentage; Hide PD with ESC Key; Check Mail in Inbox Only; Confirm Email Delete; Auto Email Sync Options (mins); Space Bar Collapse/Expand. In the Week View, the options are # of Days to Show and Start Week On. The Today View has a list other options that can be changed.

The Communications settings screen allows you to set up connection settings according to your wireless carrier that allows you to access Pocket Day.

Weather/Stocks screen lists weather and stocks as listed above.

Colors/Fonts allows you to choose color options for each of the sections of Pocket Day. I personally cannot stand red so I changed them to Black.

Key Mappings is sort of like the Convenience Key in that each option can be changed to access your screens as you like.

Utiliy Settings is like the Settings Menu. You can set PD to show on startup, for example.

Reply To settings allows you to add the address you want to use to reply to emails.

I have attached screenshots to be added to the review.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-23-2006 at 04:56 AM.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Re: Review: Pocket Day for Blackberry

Great Review Erica!!! This has been my favorite BB application since I got it back on my 7520 over a year ago. I have the professional version, and has a few more features.
    If anyone has any questions about this program, you can send me a PM.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Great review. I also love this app. I have it on mine and my hubby's.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

One thing I don't like about this app, maybe one or all 3 of you may be able to find a workaround: When I receive new email, SMS or PIN message, it shows up in pocket day as an unread message. Well, it also shows up on my BB theme as a new unread message. I can read it (thereby marking it unread) in pocket day, but it still shows up as unread on my normal BB theme. Or...visa versa...reading it from my BB interface will still leave it as unread in Pocket Day. I'm having to read or mark read all of my messages twice. It gets a bit confusing. I'm using an 8700g. Any thoughts on that? Thanks!
    -Don

There is a problem with SMS... but I do not have that with Emails at all. Although I normally go into my email app to actually read the email, not in PD. I read them in my email app, come back to PD and they no longer show as unread.

Text messages it does not work with. I just don't pull my texts into PD.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

When I had it, text messages went there regardless. I had no way to keep texts from showing up as unread in PD.

In utility settings you have to make sure Listen for SMS Messages is not checked. If it is uncheck it and close out PD and restart it. That will stop SMS messages from showing up at all.
    My Blog , My Flickr

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

I dunno if I really like this program all that much...does anyone want it? I'm not sure if it's transferable or even allowed to be transfered, but it's up for grabs if anyone wants it. I don't use it...If I'm not allowed to do this, please let me know, thanks!
    -Don

By the way - there is a newer version of PD available now if anyone has not updated lately.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I downloaded the trial version, it is exactly as nice as you described. Thankx.

Glad to hear you like it. Even my hubby likes it.
    My Blog , My Flickr

stheo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D72256

This is the first thing I bought right after I picked up my 8700c. I love how its puts everything in one place for me to look over.

Glad to hear you like it. Make sure to take some time and explore all the things it can do.
    My Blog , My Flickr

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I really like this program and purchased it last week. I especially like having my stock updates on the main screen along with the weather. This is even more important to me than the missed calls and emails, which I go into the individual apps to view anyway!

racinrocker no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    24b4c6de

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i liked it. Just the the stocker was realtime hate the delayed quotes. I know I know there is a stockticker prog out but seems a lil pricey for me. LOL. I'm cheap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast