:cry: Twheeler mentioned it here . What is it? Here is the link . Verdict: ... Smartphone Reviews forum

nutsnbolts no está en línea Stack Mod

Review: Plantronics Pulsar 590/a

Advertisement

:cry: Twheeler mentioned it here.

What is it?

Here is the link.

Verdict:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    URL:
    link
    Price: $249.95
    Overall Rating:

Plantronics Pulsar™ 590A Bluetooth® Headset

The Plantronics Pulsar™ 590 Series Bluetooth® Stereo Headsets deliver the ultimate in wireless freedom! Seamlessly switch between your Bluetooth phone and your favorite music or movie so you’ll never miss a call. With up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 hours of listen time, you can enjoy wireless stereo listening on laptops, PCs, TVs, DVD and MP3 players.
    Product Features:
    • High fidelity stereo sound for superior audio performance
    • Up to 12 hours talk time and up to 10 hours audio listening time
    • Universal adapter plugs directly into most 3.5 mm audio devices, such as iPods, to enjoy wireless stereo listening
    • Seamlessly switch between calls and music listening
    • Telescoping voice tube provides clear calls and discreet conversations
    • Foldable headset design for convenient travel and compact storage
    • Adjustable headband and pillow-soft ear cushions for superior fit and wearing comfort
    • Dedicated buttons allow call and music control functions directly from the headset
    • Convenient desktop charging stand to charge and store your headset
    • Foldable Headset, AC Charger, In-Flight Cable, USB Charger, and Travel Case included
    I will be receiving this on Friday. I will give a full review on it so that you guys can get to see, functionality wise, if it's worth the buy.

I have perused throughout so many different websites that sell this the first point to understand.

There are two types:

Pulsar 590A includes the adapter for non bluetooth products (Phone, mp3 Players, computers, etc.)

Pulsar 590 does not.

After speaking with several merchants, the Pulsar 590A has already been released ranging from prices as low as $114 to as high as $289. Do your search well when making a purchase. There are crazy etailers out there.

On the other hand, the Pulsar 590 is supposed to be the same exact thing without the extra adapter. Prices is yet to be foretold and won't be released till January 2006. I will be speaking with someone from Plantronics regarding this so this way I can get a clear picture how they can release one with the adapter and not the one without. I got many laughs from the etailers wondering the same thing. The only thing I can deduct from this is that it will be a bit less expensive. Then again, it still doesn't make an sense.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box, this is a remarkable piece of equipment. The question of 590A versus the 590, basically, you'd want to acquire the 590A due to the included adapter that comes with it. This adapter allows you to connect to your portable mp3 player, stereo, or whatever equipment that can take the 3.5mm jack.

The following is included in the package:
    • The headset
    • A quality travel case
    • USB Charging Cable
    • In-Flight Cable
    • Desktop Charging Stand
    • AC Charger (2 types depending on whether 590A or 590)
      Note: 590A charger has two charging ends that allows you to charge the headset and adapter at the same time
    • Universal Adapter (only included in the 590A)
    Packed with accessories (so to speak). It had a wow affect to know that you got pretty much everything you need to satisfy the price you paid for it.

The headset itself has the following buttons:
    • Volume Up
    • Volume Down
    • Next Track
    • Back Track
    • Call Control (Answer/Ending/Redialing capabilities/Voice Dial)
    • Play/Pause and Mute call/audio

USAGE IMPRESSIONS

First off, it takes approximately 2 hours to charge both the headset and the adapter. The headset can be charged in two ways, plugged in directly to the adapter (if there is a desktop space concern) or by using the cradle. In addition, it's good to also know that you can charge the headset and/or the adapter by USB (usb charging cable included).

After the initial 2 hour charge. I began to pair the headset with the adapter, my cell phone and my laptop.

The first test with the adapter connected to my IPOD. All I can say is wow. I walked around the office with the headset, listening to music crystal stereo clear. Impressed! Suddenly the music stopped and a ringing occured in the headset, A PHONE CALL! Oooh. Just in time. I depress the phone button on the headset and connected! Perrrrfect! I talked to my wife and it worked wonderfully! I hangup and press the other button to continue listening to my music.... A+

Next test, after pairing it with my laptop (using internal bluetooth), to make a long story short, listened to music on my laptop, tested VOIP with it and wonderful!

Lastly, of course, tested it just for the phone. Works! Need I say more?

How about the audio quality? To the say the least, the sounds are stereo quality which is definately nice. The phone side of things, I feel, could probably be better in comparison to actual headsets. I haven't really talked long enough to do full tests with it, however, I haven't had any complaints so far while using it.

CONCLUDING IMPRESSIONS

Wonderfully enough, this headset is a worthy buy for me. It is very innovative and structurally well made. Plantronics definately didn't leave anything out.

As far as using it as a bluetooth headset for phone calls, you can use it, however, the headset is probably 65% more for audio and 45% for phone use. Don't think you can put this in the same category as the normal bluetooth phone headsets out there.

So far so good. I really don't have true cons but if I wanted to be more picky, I guess they can improve the phone side of things. Honestly, this isn't something I would use to answer phone calls, so it's sufficient.

QUICK COOL THINGS
    • Telescoping voice tube for clear calls
    • Comfortable pillow soft ear cushions
    • Foldable headset design for travel and easy storage
    • Comes with a Travel Case
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-06-2006 at 09:26 PM.
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!

dcfroe no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400A8659
    Let me know what you think. How did you get one to try out?

I wouldn't mind buying one to try if they have a decent return policy if it doesn't work as well as described.
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

Oh I bought it. It seems to serve a purpose for me.

• I travel and I listen to music, then my phone rings I have to switch to my headset. This solves my problem.
    • My laptop is bluetooth so if I wanted to use some voip software or listen to my music again, this solves my problem.

Basically, after doing the initial run through on researching this product. You really don't find anything about how the connectivity of this product is not so good, or how the bluetooth is shady, etc. In other words, other reviews that I have read have gave it several thumbs up with no cons or very little cons but there are more related to how much bigger it is in comparison to an actual phone headset. Of course.
    Last edited by nutsnbolts; 11-17-2005 at 11:15 AM.

PIN/ID
    400A8659
    How would it be while driving. Could you still hear emergency traffic noise? Would you feel safe driving and wearing it?
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

DCFROE:

Understand that this is not in the same line as the bluetooth headsets out there.

This is more of a headset for PC's, for travelling, and the likes. When in the plane listening to your music. On your computer, listening to your music. Sitting in your living room and you're listening to your stereo.

The added bluetooth capability, mic etc. Allows you to "multipoint" to a phone device so that you can answer the call without having to go back and forth or remove the headset.

This will actually tone down the music automatically, press the answer button and it will answer/transfer the call to the headset. Once the call is complete, the music turns back on.

For driving...
    I don't suggest it is something to use while driving. I guess you can use it if you are on the passenger side. However, traffic noise pollution is something that will probably be isolated.

I suggest also to stick with the "normal" BT headsets out there for driving. Such as the HBH300 Akono Headset (specifically designed for driving).

I sense a review coming up for this one.

PIN/ID
    400A8659
    Thanks, Unfortunately I am searching for an "over the head" Bluetooth headset. No one seems interested in building one to use in the car. I just am not comfortable hanging something on my ear.

Thanks again
    Have a Great BB day

DCFROE
    400A8659

Dcfroe:

I have heard many good things about the HBH300 and I suggest that you give it a try. It's supposed to be very comfortable and built like a rock specifically for car usage. You can use it for normal use as well but I think it's the only headset that can take the beating from normal car nuisances.

The over the head headsets can probably also be unsafe because you are taking away one of your senses while driving. Almost like driving with one eye...lol. You get my point...hopefully.

Updated.

lefkon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Although the 590A works perfectly with the blackberry pearl phone function, it doesn't work at all with the Media Player in the pearl. I was holding out hoping that the .64 update would fix it, but alas, no such luck.