Paying £13.95 for a leather case is not a lot these day s, and for ... Smartphone Reviews forum

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8

Review: PDA Hut Blackberry Bold Horizontal Pouch Case

Advertisement

Paying £13.95 for a leather case is not a lot these days, and for one with a built in belt clip it starts to represent excellent value for money. PDA Hut sent me one for the Blackberry Bold to test, but there are multiple case designs available for many smartphone and PDA models.

The horizontal pouch case is made from soft leather and has white stitching around ‘all’ of the edges which adds a touch of style to an otherwise sensitively designed business case. The belt clip is built onto the back of the case which is an advantage. Personally I cannot stand the plastic style clip that so many cases have included, but they do have the advantage of being removable. The advantage here is that the clip is very slim and gives a sense of confidence when attached to a belt.

The case is closed with a magnetic catch and this is stiff enough to not let the smartphone just fall out and the outside is actually very attractively made to compliment the Bold. The interior lining is not overly soft, but I have suffered no minor scratches of issues with it. The case does not automatically put the Blackberry in standby mode, but I have still used it in favour of the bundled case over the past few days.

It’s hard to get excited by a leather case, but this pouch is well made, represents excellent value for money and will be keeping my smartphone protected for the foreseeable future.

Verdict: Good value and practical
    Pros: Well priced, well built, superb fit
    Cons: Slightly bland to look at
    URL: http://www.pdahut.com/store/product....at=2182&page=1
    Price: £13.95
    Overall rating: 4/5

Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    shaun, your reviews are really making my mouth water for the BOLD!

and you are right, I quickly did the conversion and roughly $27USD for a leather case is a really good deal!

thanks for the review!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    That's one nice looking case! I prefer horizontal cases over vertical cases.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

free2saute no está en línea Stack level 3
    Nice i would love 1 for the curve

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Im not a fan of those leather cases, but it looks nice. Hopefully some other cases and clips will be out by time we finaly get the Bold for ATT.

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    That is very cool... A pouch case... Never seen those before..
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Why are these pouches the hot topics now? Not to sound grouchy or anything but does anyone remember the posting about the os release to be launched mid september? Was there another article posted after that saying it was a fake or something else I missed? Confused..
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    i use a sidekick slide case to put my curve in, i almost look like this. fits nicely in it too.
    phatman the phat stacker!