Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I know this thread was a review on Weathereye which is a very nice app ... Smartphone Reviews forum

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata

Advertisement

I know this thread was a review on Weathereye which is a very nice app however my choice is by far WB Direct and I use BBWeather for instant access to extended forcasts. With that being said just clicking on the WBD icon on your desktop takes you to the WB Mobile site and you can get detailed information from there so a secondary app is not necessary but just a personal preference. The best part of WBD is the storm alerting, it's awesome and comes really handy during storm season. Anyone who installs it make sure you go to the WBPortal for the addons.
    Last edited by pegb856; 11-22-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    You have more control with updates with weather bug direct, and weather eye. the push apps only update 2 times daily. I use weather bug

nyyanksfan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048AFE9
    Anyone else getting HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error? BB Storm

kneidel no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Would anybody mind posting the new link that does work since this one seems as stubborn as ****

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    what theme is on that first picture in the first page?

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Actually there's another thing you didn't mention - something I find to be a major annoyance - and your pictures even show it!

Why is the Wind Speed displayed ONLY in KPH no matter which measurement unit you choose? I want Fahrenheit and MILES per Hour, not Fahrenheit and KILOMETERS per hour!

That's why I use WeatherBug Direct (free OTA: http://blackberry.weatherbug.com/download/ ) AND BBWeather ( free OTA: http://www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=BBWeather ).

I also prefer the fact that the WeatherBug icon displays the temperature instead of just an icon (I can see that it's sunny out, but is it freezing or sweltering?), and I still use BBWeather from time to time and like that it can save multiple locations, all accessible with a single tap of a key.
    JerryD

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i tried weatherbug, and I wasn't to happy with it. I'm going to try it again. it just seemed overwhelming especially to those bb users who aren't to tech savvy. i didn't mind some of the features and capabilities but it was a little outrageous to me to have like 5 different icons on your screen for different information. i'll probably give it a shot again
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    i tried weatherbug, and I wasn't to happy with it. I'm going to try it again. it just seemed overwhelming especially to those bb users who aren't to tech savvy. i didn't mind some of the features and capabilities but it was a little outrageous to me to have like 5 different icons on your screen for different information. i'll probably give it a shot again
    Not sure how long ago you tried it johnny but there is only one icon which shows the current temp. It runs in the background and depending on your settings it only is really noticeable if you get a severe weather alert. Give it a try I am sure you will like it.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    That's why they are on the Portal, you only install and use what you want. I only use the forecast addon but this fall when hurricane season was in I found it fascinating to use the storm tracker icon to see Atlantic hurricane statuses. The best part of the app is the storm alerts. It's fantastic, with only a minor annoyance. When upgrading your device you have to uninstall the app and install it fresh or it won't work right.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I LOVE Weathereye. It works great in my city.. Have had it since it came out. Well worth having. I have mine set to update every 30 mins and it does.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    That's why they are on the Portal, you only install and use what you want. I only use the forecast addon but this fall when hurricane season was in I found it fascinating to use the storm tracker icon to see Atlantic hurricane statuses. The best part of the app is the storm alerts. It's fantastic, with only a minor annoyance. When upgrading your device you have to uninstall the app and install it fresh or it won't work right.
    I have never had to reinstall with an upgrade. Thats probably why I dont get what you are talking about with portals. Looks like I need to go back and look at what I am missing.

PIN/ID
    A Colata
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    I have never had to reinstall with an upgrade. Thats probably why I dont get what you are talking about with portals. Looks like I need to go back and look at what I am missing.
    The extra Weatherbug icons are on the Weatherbug portal for manual installation. Hence if you don't want all the extra icons you just don't install them.
    As Always...

Happy Berrying!!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    i'll check it out again
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

i asked this earlier but never got an answer what is that NFL icon on your screen and how did you get it? i want!!!!

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    i asked this earlier but never got an answer what is that NFL icon on your screen and how did you get it? i want!!!!
    and i want to know the theme on that first picture in the first page! lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast