Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Here is what I tried because I really wanted to get this program to work. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

dboggny no está en línea Stack level 1

Something I tried

Advertisement

Here is what I tried because I really wanted to get this program to work.

1. Deleted all contacts from google.
    2. Made a backup using BlackBerry DM of the address book so I wouldn't loose anything if this didn't work
    3. synced using google for cal and contacts.
    4. Checked google and everythnig looked ok. no duplicate addresses for people or phone numbers.
    5. Looked at my blackberry address book. found some people's phone numbers missing.
    6. did a battery pull. the phone numbers that were missing after sync re appeared. Also, the speed dial setting for those phone numbers were correct.
    7.Did another google sync, cal and contacts. If failed, waited and re tried. quickly noticed that at least one contact on the BB were ok, didnt check them all. sync failed a few more times. Take note, not the cal sync, just at the time of contact sync did it fail. It also ran for while before it pooped out. When it finally did go, it took a reaaaaalllly long time.
    8.checked google people with just a home addy now had the home addy duplicated.
    9.checked blackberry, it duplicated addresses.. one person had just a home addy, they now have the home addy in the work addy too. the phone numbers were gone again too.
    10. did a battery pull
    11.duplicate addy on BB disapeared and phone numbers were back.
    12. cleaned up contacts on google side with duplicate addresses.
    13. synced again for fun. I like to press my luck
    14. it still took a while
    15. BRB
    even after cleaning up contacts on the google side, it still had issues. for contacts with a phone number and a home addy, it kept adding the home addy to the google contacts over and over. so if it synced 3 times, it showed the home addy 4 times in the google contacts. I dont know why. every time i deleted those addies from google and synced again, it deleted the phone numbers from the berry and I would do a battery pull and they would show up again. very strange. I figure if i just sync once in a while when I get a few new contacts it will be good enuogh without getting too annoying.
    Db
    Last edited by dboggny; 11-23-2008 at 07:37 PM. Reason: additional info

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I had a few issues getting it set up. It added a couple dozen "Empty Contact" entries and I seem to have lost a couple of numbers, which were replaced with their email. I went into Gmail and updated and cleaned up everyones contact, and its working perfectly now.
    The trick is that unlike many sync apps, if there is a conflict, gmail wins. So go into your gmail account and make sure everything looks good before syncing. You can even sync your BB with Outlook and import your contacts to gmail, so everything matches for the first sync.
    From then on it will keep your book up to date!
    Thanks Google!

moneymark33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Anyone notice if this allows the google outlook plugin to now sync contacts as well?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Not sure if it's only me, but since installed the new google sync, I got the "java.lang.nullservice" (or so) error a couple of times. Mostly it happened when I received a phone call. Guess the call may interrupt the contact sync.

Saw similar reports on other sites, and after I turned off the contact sync, no more error for two days. Calendar sync works well.

Guess I have to wait a little bit long.

- Curve 8320, 4.5.0.81 with Chinese language package

OldTimer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3040B2F1
    I had duplicates of address, seemed to be home address' only. I also do not need every email contact from Google on my phone so shut the contact synching off for now!
    3040B2F1 on the Curve & loving it!

moneymark33 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds like funambol is still the best way to sync contacts OTA and to use google for calsync. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

evanconnors no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by hchai View Post
    Not sure if it's only me, but since installed the new google sync, I got the "java.lang.nullservice" (or so) error a couple of times. Mostly it happened when I received a phone call. Guess the call may interrupt the contact sync.

Saw similar reports on other sites, and after I turned off the contact sync, no more error for two days. Calendar sync works well.

Sort of the same thing happened for me. I would get a call, and it would just show their phone number and no name or anything. Luckily I knew the numbers that were calling, otherwise I would have looked like an idiot asking the caller who it was.

After the call, if I hit the send key to open up the Phone application, I would get that error or something like it. Then my phone would freeze and I would have to do a hard reset or battery pull.

Otherwise it worked great after a few initial failed syncs.

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    Google needs to do some major work to this app, has anyone found any info about a soon to come update? I'm having all the same issues everyone else is. I had to turn it off after I got all my contacts straight.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i had a bunch of problems too, it duplicated my contacts, really annoying but i got it to work!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

NautcaSprt6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got mine working but dont know how.

I installed the Google Sync on my Verizon 8330. I did the Sync now option and it gave me the error.
    I signed out of sync and signed in again and then it erased 3 quarters of my contacts from my phone.
    I then plugged my phone to the Desktop Manager to update my numbers again. After that I didnt want to bother doing another sync only to delete my numbers so i let it be.
    Seeing that Google Sync has an automatic feature, I realized that all my numbers from my BB were now I on my Google Contacts.
    I think it works when it does it automatically rather then us pressing sync now.
    Since I didnt want my numbers to get erased again, i turned automatic to manual and so far it looks good now.
    Check out the Z at www.300CForumZ.com
    Also check out my MySpace at www.MySpace.com/DJBertan

mrshudz! no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had a problem with this app too. I got the null exception message which would cause my BB to freeze up and would always get the sync failed message when I pressed sync now. What I had to end up doing was going into my google account on my desktop and, go into my calendar and follow the prompts for mobile settings. Google sent the verification code to my BB and I have not a problem since. I haven't gotten anymore error messages and did a trial run with pressing sync now and have not had anymore issues. Hope this helps anyone who is still having issues.

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I have a question: I saw that if I make a change on my google calendar, it makes the change on blackberry one.

Does it go the other way around too. None of my calendars can sync to google. I tried, tried and tried again. It doesn't seem to work...

I can only sync my calendar one way...not both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12