Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So all you google fans, google has updated their calendar sync, now they offer address ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Review Of Google Addressbook Sync

Advertisement

So all you google fans, google has updated their calendar sync, now they offer address book sync. When I found this out, I was so excited and had to try this out right away. I stopped working just to play with this application, and I have one word to describe it. AMAZING! I like the ability to backing up my address book ota. Especially to my gmail account I'm on the go alot and rarely do I actually check my email or update my address book, or calendar on my desktop or by logging into my gmail account so this made my life that much easier, It's very simple and easy to do. Once you download the application log into your gmail account and press menu sync, it lets you know the last time you successfully synchronized your address book and calendar. It starts by synching your calendar and then to your address book. what's neat about this application you can hide this application in the background and complete any other task you need to complete. you can get this application for free over the air at http://m.google.com/sync

Enjoy
    JonnyEdge
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    It doesn't work for me. It stops halfway during sync and says server error.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    What device are you using? Have you used google sync before?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

zsafwan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BA476
    I have the same problem as thymaster halfway and stops.
    I have used the sync app for calendar syncing for long time now and it was working fine.

I have more than 1,000 contacts in my Google Apps account and I am using BOLD .185.

I have been trying in the past three days to get this to work but no luck.

sometimes it get about 10 contacts and then gives the error. to test this I deleted all contacts in the BOLD and I am still getting the same error

anybody tried this with a large address book.

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I've been using google calendar sync for a while now, been waiting for the address book feature (since it was the only thing that kept me from dumping Outlook forever!).

I managed to sync my BB address book (ca. 600 entries) after a few failed attempts, and now have everything in my Google Apps account.

The only thing really annoying was that during the sync process some details of individual contacts did not get transferred to gmail (fair enough), but they also got deleted on my BB!!!

This should not happen, I wonder why google doesn't give users any options with regards to sync rules ?! Or at least, prompt before any data is deleted...

imyrbestfriend2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just keep getting server error period. I have a 8330 Curve an no where near that many address. HELP!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dboggny no está en línea Stack level 1
    The application FUBAR'd my berry addy book. It deleted phone numbers from my the berry addy book. They need to work on this a little more. Frankly it is a disatser. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dboggny no está en línea Stack level 1
    Another thing I find is that if I had a home adress entry for a person, after the sync, that same addy was duplicated and added to the berry as a work addy for that person.

It was really nice of the google mobile folks to do this application but really, please don't screw with my adress book. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

llzel no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did it it and it worked great. I've yet to find a problem. BUT, I agree messing with a address book can get very dangerous and Google should have been very explicit with instructions. In my case, I deleted the few names I had in Google's contacts and just synced my BB/Outlook contacts and it worked.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you are getting a server error, log into gcal first with your gmail login (google gcal to find it) and set up a new calendar.... Then try to sync. It worked for me! I was getting the same error before that

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    hey mr johnny on the spot, help a bit? how do you get the program only to sync certain contacts... annoyingly, for the purpose of an address book, gmail adds everyone ive ever emailed to my contacts. its great that gmail does this, but i dont want all those customerservice and one time business contacts synced with my berry.

footcan no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is awesome. I had a few glitches with the initial transfer but they were easy to fix. Mostly just showing home addresses as work addresses. I now have enough reason to dump yahoo for good and move everything to gmail. Thanks for the info everyone.

imyrbestfriend2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I got it to work perfectly! Did the "go to gcal & make a change" thing. Then it just sync'd without a hitch! Thanks guys!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chrisbc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by dboggny View Post
    The application FUBAR'd my berry addy book. It deleted phone numbers from my the berry addy book. They need to work on this a little more. Frankly it is a disatser. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks, I was just about ready to give the app a try and your comments stopped me dead in my tracks. The last thing I want is my address book all messed up.
    The maker of Viira: GTD BlackBerry app

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Thymaster have you had any luck. I have actually afed a couple entries and it gave me an error but I tried it again and it worked fine. I know ota syncs can and may be interfered with if there is a severe in connection with the server or even if a lot of people are using it the same time you are. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast