Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

is an application supported by blackberry models 81xx and up. The concept of flipside is ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Review of Flipside

Advertisement

is an application supported by blackberry models 81xx and up. The concept of flipside is great. It's a music player that allows you to "swoosh" with your trackball from album to album. Something very similiar to the ipod touch. This particular application revolutionizes the blackberry world especially the blackberry media world.
    With this application you can download album art for each album that is on your device's media card.

As you can see i have evergreen terrace-losing all hope is freedom album displayed) i can swoosh left or right using my trackball to go to other artist or albums.

Once selecting an album you can then choose track from album listing

You can also pull up also select tracks, create playlist, pull up additional information about your favorite band from last.fm, and shuffle all your music or just the tracks in the selected albums. Other capabilities include fast forward and rewind. You can also use your keyboard to skip right to artist name by pressing the corresponding key (ie:"E" and it'll jump to any artist beginning with E).

This is not a free software. However you do get a free trial. An application well worth the money. You can check it out at http://flipside.fm/flipside.jad or by going to http://electricpocket.com A must have.
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

jrgonz454 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a02eb2
    This app is sooo dope!!

aaronnieves no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    305F72EB
    Looks like a cool app. Anyone know if this will be compatible with the Storm?

g_lopez no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E4CF5
    Works great on the Bold.
    (_|||____{{~~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I have this for both my BB and I love it! Awesome app!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    ~its work on my pearl and curve running on 4.2 4.3 and 4.5. Works on the bold and 8220 flip on 4.6. I think it would the storm. I'm not sure if you can use the touchscreen aspect of it but u can use the trackball to swoosh. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I must have a lot of songs, its been running an hour and its about 75% done, I hope it keep these in memory and doesnt have to re find all of it again. I know half the songs I have already have built in album art so does it use that or does it still go out and find it on the net?
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    It only goes out to find it on the net if you go into the menu and select "find album art".

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    yeah realized that now, so it took a really long time, and I have been finding the art now, i can tell to search for about 5 at a time then it kinda lagssss a for about 4 minutes and then I can find 5 more at a time

Couple of things, there is an internet undergound only Dj that i have about 5 songs from and I have met the guy before, amazingly it found a picture of him and put up for the art.

Then again on another trance song, it loaded a picture of a soccer game lol, is very funny.

Another time there were two songs from the same album and on one it put up a really grainy low quality pic, yet on the next song, it was a high quality pic, but they were the same exact pic.

But no album art program is perfect but so far out of about 50 songs, there are only 2 it cant find.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sometimes you will just have to add or download your own album art because as you mentioned it's not perfect. But, it saves a little time if it can find any missing album art instead of you doing it.

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    the program works best if you usually have more than 15mbs of free memory, and of course works best if you kind of keep the music in folders. ie: i have a band that i like evergreen terrace, they have four cds, so i grup all four cd's in their own folders in the evergreen terrace folder. it helps for quicker loading. i have also have luck going on my computer and loading the album art from my computer to the folder on my memory card, and that works as well
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Ok though I love the program interface and what it does, I just cant use it for how I need it to work, ill have to go back to the default.

1. No AV controls (i cant pause or skip tracks with my blutooth headset)

2. Doesnt intergrate with regular phone operations, when i get a new message, it turns off the music and then the phone rings instead of ringing in my headphones, and the music never comes back, I have to pause it then play it again. It only does this if its an mp3 set as a tone, but im not changing all my tones and dont want to have to pull my phone out everytime i need to pause it or whatever.

also Volume control keys on the phone dont work unless your in the program.

Anyone else have these problems?
    Last edited by rashard; 11-24-2008 at 01:05 PM.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I rebooted my phone and it lost my playlist argggggggg i quit

AshleyKent no está en línea Stack level 1
    This worked really well on my phone, some art couldn't be found but that's because my music wasn't in right

Highly recommend it

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    I rebooted my phone and it lost my playlist argggggggg i quit
    ^^What version are you running?? I am using 1.14 on 4.5 software on my 8120 and I can store playlists, that's right multiple playlists. Its a great program. Yeah the volume thing stinks, but they are making headway with every update, for instance for a while they made it play via BT by accident I guess bc this latest version I have does not do that

Thbassman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast