Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have had the opportunity to use the Smart Case for the 8120/8130 for my ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Review of Case-Mate's Smart Skin

Advertisement

I have had the opportunity to use the Smart Case for the 8120/8130 for my titanium pearl 8120, and for my gold curve 8320. I must say at first glance I loved the rugged look, and the color (black). I tried it on my device and it fit very well. The smart case definitely takes a beating. I dropped my phone a couple of times on purpose to see how it would hold up, and it was great the smart skin does a great job of covering every aspect of the berry leaving only the screen, camera, charging port exposed. The device has a very nice grip, and it is very comfortable to hold.
    Another aspect of the case that really amazed me was that the keys were also covered and i like that. It kept from any liquid, food, dirt, or makeup on or between the keys. Very impressive. Also, when the backlight was on the keys would light up and you can see them very clearly on the case. It also was very easy to type on and actually softened the sounds of the click clack on my curve when I typed.
    The only real negative about the case was using the trackball. the trackball seemed to disappear when inside the case which made it a task to navigate. I got use to it shortly, but I know most consumers may gripe at that.
    I have a customer who dropped their device and a huge chunck by the led light is missing. I showed them this case and they said that they were going to order it as soon as they could, and I suggest everyone do the same. It's worth it to keep your berry in mint condition.
    The case-mate smart skins are 19.99$ and will be on their website soon. they will be available in different colors. They are available for the blackbery 81xx, 83xx, 90xx, check it out.

Below are some images I took from my blackberry device of the different accessories

more to come.....

Enjoy
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    Nice.... thats what I want.... whats it made out of???
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxboi View Post
    Nice.... thats what I want.... whats it made out of???
    a rubber material
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    Is it all one pc?
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxboi View Post
    Is it all one pc?
    yes just one piece, the device slides in where the "cutout" for the screen sits
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

PIN/ID
    R.I.P
    wow thanks!!!
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

how much thickness did it add to the phone? or is the same as the ones released by blackberry in terms of thickness? more or less?

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    how much thickness did it add to the phone? or is the same as the ones released by blackberry in terms of thickness? more or less?
    Its pretty thick. 2 or 3 times thicker than the normal gel skins that were being sold for these devices

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmmm I may have to look into getting one of these, if just to keep the trackball clean on my 8130, I am on my 4th in the last year, although personally I Think there's something wrong with the way the trackball was designed on the pearls.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

so it will make the bold even thicker than what it already is :|

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    so it will make the bold even thicker than what it already is :|
    not by much these is by far one of the bes skins i have used i been using one for over a month and its easy to use.

i hope so i hate the blackberry rubber skin im not sure why i just dont like it on the bold i dont think its nicely done compare tot he one on the curve or pearl im hoping to order this once case mate has it up on the website

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119
    How well does this one protect the trackball? I work in construction and my trackball is starting to become the color of the soils on the job.
    "A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there a way to pair this with a holster somehow?
    Last edited by jr!; 12-07-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Hank061978 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I purchased this case this past weekend and I must say " what an awesome piece of protection". The case comes with a clear screen protector and a screen cleaning mirocloth. The screen protector is the 1st one I have ever had that actually sticks to the screen nicely. The case on my 8320's really give you a feeling that you are holding a tough phone and not something that easily breaks.

Pros: Very Tough and Rugged Protection yet very sleek and clean.
    Cons: With the case on the keyboard lighting is dimmed down quite a bit but can be over looked due to the protection the case provides. Keys are still illuminated just not as bright as without case.

I recommend this case to anyone and everyone. Case-Mate really hit one out of the ballpark.

OH!!! It does fit nicely into the Blackberry 8320 Leather Swivel Holster.
    Last edited by Hank061978; 12-15-2008 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Forgot to add more info
    Hate me for everything I am before you love me for something I'm NOT!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast