Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am also having difficulty getting this to stream on my pearl. My carrier is ... Smartphone Reviews forum

msfyrbug no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I am also having difficulty getting this to stream on my pearl. My carrier is Verizon. The message I get is "failed to play" and then it tells me to check the settings on my TCP, so maybe its just something I need to change somewhere, but so far I haven't been able to figure it out. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Are you sure the station you're trying to play is a "playable station"? Playable stations are marked with a purple Nobex symbol on the station list. I also had to input the correct APN settings. Carrier specific APN settings can be found if you search "APN".

lowellzky no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Hey,
    They will start charging it? In near future?... That's kinda sux... I hope pandora release it a blackberry OS...

Heheh

Thanks for the great info AZ

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    Has anyone tried NobexRC on the Verizon Blackberry Storm? I can't get it to stream. I see the album art, but no sound. I've tried streaming with the sample stations as well as the stations I want to listen to and other stations listed as Playable. I still get no sound.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    After you select a station you then have to click menu/play, did you try that? It doesn't automatically start playing, a common mistake.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    After you select a station you then have to click menu/play, did you try that? It doesn't automatically start playing, a common mistake.
    It sure IS! I almost never figured that out!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I did that and it still doesn't play. Some stations have the play button as an option in the menu and some don't. For the ones that do I hit play in the menu and still got nothing.

You can contact their support through the menu, maybe it's not compatible with the storm yet? Is there strong 1XEV coverage in your area? Let them know, they are good about giving a fast reply and troubleshooting tips.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Never mind. I just realized that after hitting play, I also have to hit the volume up button. Even though the overall volume of my Storm is not turned down, playing does not start until I hit Volume Up. It's still a bummer though. My favorite stations are listed and the album art shows, but I guess they're still not playable. They don't have “playable” listed beside them and there is no Play or Volume Up choice in the menu. Thanks for everyone's help.

They are working on making many more stations playable, hundreds more, but it's going a bit slower than they thought. They are committed to making sure the streams are reliable before release. Hopefully soon
    Twitter? My Apps List

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hello i have a quick question, are you suppose to be able to put this up to the radio you are listening too and it will give the info on the song? because i tried that and couldnt get that part to work could be operator error though haha tyvm

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon1964 View Post
    hello i have a quick question, are you suppose to be able to put this up to the radio you are listening too and it will give the info on the song? because i tried that and couldnt get that part to work could be operator error though haha tyvm
    It gives you info on tunes IT'S playing, not tunes playing on YOUR radio. You also can download tunes from the station you're listen to I believe - it sends you email info. Is that what you mean?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

bluemoon1964 no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes thankyou very much for clarifying that, here i had been putting it up to my radio trying to get the songs info ahahaha silly me lol; thankyou so very much for your quick response i also emailed them on some requested stations and they replied back within 10 minutes i thought that was very good support response; thought i would mention that

........... i also emailed them on some requested stations and they replied back within 10 minutes i thought that was very good support response; thought i would mention that
    It IS good response - they seem to be "on top of it" and reply quickly. Good luck.

It does give you info on tunes it's playing like Jblackfish said, it does that for playable stations. All the unplayable stations on the lists it shows whats playing on those stations. So there's a station here in phoenix called the edge, it's not playable on nobex, but it is on the list of nonplayable stations. So, if I am listening to the edge in my car, and have it open on nobexrc as well, then in nobex I can see the album art, get song info, etc as I am listening on my car stereo...........does that make sense? It's early and I'm just heading for my 1st cup of coffee
    Twitter? My Apps List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast