Verdict: Easy to play and understandable, like Tetris. Pros: Similar to Tetris gameplay, online forums ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Next by Mobigloo

Advertisement

Verdict: Easy to play and understandable, like Tetris.
    Pros: Similar to Tetris gameplay, online forums for assistance.
    Cons: Gameplay can be difficult in later levels.
    URL: http://www.mobigloo.com/blackberry/
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5.

I have been asked to give you all a review of the game Next by Mobigloo. Currently, the only way to get the game is to download it and install via DM but there is an update in the works for another 64 levels to be released soon. I also found out on another BB forum that Mobigloo plans to release a version to fit the 8700 series screen fully. I joined Mobigloo's forum for the game to find out more about the game and get additional gameplay tips. I don't have a digital camera for pictures but you can see pictures in the next post.

Objective: To clear groups of similarly colored blocks from the playing field. For anyone who has played Tetris by Nintendo (myself included), the only difference between Tetris and Next is that now you have to clear groups (2, 3, 4 or more depending on your current level) of colored blocks instead of an entire line of blocks. The game contains 64 levels of play for hours of addictive fun (great for nightowls or those of you who work third shift or graveyard shifts at night and are bored).

When the game starts, the first screen you see will ask u to click on it to begin gameplay. When u click on that screen, the next one will be the game itself. It will show the current layout of blocks that you have to eliminate. The playing field has 2 layers of grey blocks in a square shape. Inside this is the white background screen and the colored blocks which are used in the game.

To play the game, you have to use your trackwheel to highlight whatever block you want to move and click on it to select it. A yellow highlight will surround the block you choose and the block will look like it has been pressed in. Then using your scrollwheel select the direction you want the block to go in. It will move and fall to the location selected (provided there isn't another block below it. If there's another block below it, the selected block will rest on top of that block). Arrows will appear when you move the block in the direction you want it to go in. If you are unable to clear blocks from a more difficult level (leaving 1 block by itself), the game will automatically restart the current level you are playing.

At the bottom of the screen are a set of useful icons to help play the game. From left to right, they are:

1) Restart Level-this allows you to restart your current playing level. You will be asked to restart any level you have not completed unless you leave 1 block by itself. In that case, the level automatically resets.

2) Undo Move-this will erase your last move and allow you to replay that move.

3) Previous Level-this takes you back to the last completed level of play.

4) Next Level-once you complete a level, this takes you to the next level of play. If you try to advance to the next level without completing your current level, the game displays a message preventing you from advancing.

5) Help-this gives you basic instructions for gameplay.

6) The number you see to the right of all the other icons is the current level you are playing (Level 13 for me).

Also there is a free trial for the game and for $9.99 u can get the full game. I have had fun with this game and can't wait to see the updated features. The only thing I don't like is the format of the game (created on a 72XX BB). Other than that, it's very addicting.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-23-2006 at 05:06 AM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Review of Next by Mobigloo

This is and IMPRESSIVE review! You should email this thread to mobigloo I'm prettty sure they would add to there website.

Screen shoot:

Thanks. Took me less than 30 minutes to put that together LOL

I just submitted a request to see if they want to feature the review. I will let you know what I find out.