Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Isn't this extended battery around $50.00? Seems like mucho dinero for what you get. That's ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: New Seidio 8130 Extended Battery

Advertisement

Isn't this extended battery around $50.00? Seems like mucho dinero for what you get. That's what I paid for my 8700g extended battery, from Seidio, and that was a 2400mAh upgrade. Is it worth it?
    Andy

b:z
    b:z no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ please let me know when you have new info.
    ;-)

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Isn't this extended battery around $50.00? Seems like mucho dinero for what you get. That's what I paid for my 8700g extended battery, from Seidio, and that was a 2400mAh upgrade. Is it worth it?
    I agree, yet I'm torn, I bought and extra battery for my 8130 here from the Pinstack store for $19.99 and can't seem to justify the more than double price of the extended battery for only 1/3 more power.......however, I'm considering gettin the new Otterbox Defender case that just came out for the 8130 and I know I won't want to take the case off to switch batteries.........I'm just not sure of what to do......hmmmm.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Schufly View Post
    Yes, not needing to worry about charging during the day with the amount of usage I do is well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I agree, yet I'm torn, I bought and extra battery for my 8130 here from the Pinstack store for $19.99 and can't seem to justify the more than double price of the extended battery for only 1/3 more power.......however, I'm considering gettin the new Otterbox Defender case that just came out for the 8130 and I know I won't want to take the case off to switch batteries.........I'm just not sure of what to do......hmmmm.
    As far as price, it is $49.95 but their site says it is $42.95 right now. Maybe the prices will come down a little in time as all new things do.

Johnbrunin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23EC574A

Great post thanks! I charge my pearl 2 to 3 times a day. I agree, this is the battery RIM should have supplied with it.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

correct me if i am wrong but i could have sworn that cycling the battery you have to completely kill the battery as in it wont turn on then charge it to full capacity and repeat like 2 or 3 more times to break in the battery. After that, charge the battery whenever you can as to not let the meter turn red because that will take away one of your cycles (you have 700-900 to play with). i may have misread your post but i think you said that you charged it at 20% left... which is not a point that would have any high effect on the battery if you are really trying to break it in. Atleast that is what i have gathered from my many hours on the internet looking for the correct way to charge and cycle Li-Ion batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    correct me if i am wrong but i could have sworn that cycling the battery you have to completely kill the battery as in it wont turn on then charge it to full capacity and repeat like 2 or 3 more times to break in the battery. After that, charge the battery whenever you can as to not let the meter turn red because that will take away one of your cycles (you have 700-900 to play with). i may have misread your post but i think you said that you charged it at 20% left... which is not a point that would have any high effect on the battery if you are really trying to break it in. Atleast that is what i have gathered from my many hours on the internet looking for the correct way to charge and cycle Li-Ion batteries.
    I will partially correct you then since you asked. Here is a quote from batteryuniversity.com on litium-ion batteries:
    A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.
    Also, I never allow my batteries to get to full discharge if possible. Since a lithium-ion battery does not develop memory as previous rechargable batteries did, there really is no benefit to a full discharge/recharge.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Ok doughdaddy,
    This begs the question...
    Did you follow Sedio's instructions and give it three FULL cycles before using it as normal?
    :)

Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post
    Ok doughdaddy,
    This begs the question...
    Did you follow Sedio's instructions and give it three FULL cycles before using it as normal?
    Neither the package insert, nor the website I linked to state three FULL cycles before using as normal. This is what I stated in the article:
    When I put it in it had 45% charge. I started the charge at 3:50PM and it was at full charge at 7:10PM. I removed it and started using the BB as usual.
    The package insert only stated that performance will increace after 5-6 FULL charges. Which I have completed and have seen a slight performance increase.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Interesting.....
    When I received MY ext battery from Sedio it had instructions that recommended 3 full cycles before normal use.

Hmm should I ask them for an apology?
    :)

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Thanks for thinkin' of us and giving us a great review. I'll be getting mine soon!

miro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179D82A

The directions say the improvement will be seen after 5-6 charge cycles. Is it best to drain the battery before charging or doesn't matter? I just got mine and want to make sure I get the best possible performance I can. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miro View Post
    The directions say the improvement will be seen after 5-6 charge cycles. Is it best to drain the battery before charging or doesn't matter? I just got mine and want to make sure I get the best possible performance I can. thanks
    Since the lith-ion batteries don't create a memory there is no "real" reason to fully discharge and recharge. I am old school though (my first cell phone had a lead acid brick for a battery) and still discharge to at least 10-15% and recharge. I do that even after the 5-6x's that they recommend. But you will see an increase in performance from this battery though. Mine is now lasting me a complete day on "normal" usage which for me is actualy heavy usage.

dhyde79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319FB186
    well.....I've had my extended for a bit now, and there's a very obvious difference, I have to try pretty hard to get it run down in a day, not to say that I can't, but, it's certainly lasting me a lot better than the stock one did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12