Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Seidio plans to release 1250 mah slim extended battery for Cingular version (black) this week. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: New Seidio 1250mAh slim extended battery!

Advertisement

Seidio plans to release 1250 mah slim extended battery for Cingular version (black) this week.

Seidio

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    ah, good bump of this thread! just to share, the battery is amazing and barely adds size.

positive to the case is sound is louder/clearer. negative is there is no top opening so only sound can escape from the back so you gotta flip phone around to face away from you to truly enjoy it. (so back is facing toward you)
    The speaker that the 8100 has is a tweeter. It only have one direction. Therefore, if we have the speaker opening on the back of the cover, the sounder will only escape directly via the opening. It will not help if we put the top speaker hole back. The sound will not travel back to the top and all the sound will escape via the back opening.

Seidio

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

waiting for the skin for slim extended batt. pls release soooon.

Quote Originally Posted by superdad
    waiting for the skin for slim extended batt. pls release soooon.
    Our current skin case for BB8100 can work with 1250 mah slim extended battery. THe one we are going to release is Rubberized hard case.

Seidio

Now, Cingular version of BB8100 (black) is availabe. Go to the product page and use dropdown menu to select "Cingular BB8100". The battery door also has the speaker opening.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=658

Also available

Cingular version of BB8100 slim OEM door with speaker opening

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=657

Cingular version of BB8100 2400 extended battery (with speaker openng)

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=622
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 03-27-2007 at 11:56 PM.

pseudosuit no está en línea Stack level 1

will it work with the blackberry oem rubberized case? The one that leaves the front of the phone exposed and just covers the back and sides?

humblesheep no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Our current skin case for BB8100 can work with 1250 mah slim extended battery. THe one we are going to release is Rubberized hard case.

Seidio
    because of the raised edges, doesn't it make it more difficult hitting the keys to the edges?

I have the extended battery and am awaiting for the case myself. But my only concern is the ability to those keys without slanting/twisting/etc your thumb.....do you know what I mean?

TaraG no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, I've had this battery for a little over a week now, and I must say I'm impressed. Yes, you do have to charge it at least 5 times before you notice a difference, but that's minor. I used to have to charge my BB every single day (I text and message A LOT and check and send emails), but now I might charge it every other day. It's worked great for me so far and I'm really glad I invested in it!! Thanks to blackninja for suggesting it to me!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

for every 5 referrals I should get something free. So far I've gotten 3 people to purchase...

discount on next purchase perhaps?

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

any word yet as to when a case for it is coming out? cuz yeah it sounds louder but any case you use covers up the new speaker opening so makes it useless.

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    any word yet as to when a case for it is coming out? cuz yeah it sounds louder but any case you use covers up the new speaker opening so makes it useless.
    Seidio plans to release the rubberized case for 1250 mah extended battery this week.
    . Yes, this case will come with speaker opening also.

Seidio

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

kool thx can't wait to order it. Any hopes on getting a discount if we just ordered the rubberized holster $40 and then the battery $40 now your gonna charge us probably $20 for this new case. Hell I'll send back the rubberized case the holster came with in exchange for new one.
    Last edited by laz; 04-01-2007 at 10:50 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I am finally back with my own 7 day test results of this battery. I have to say that this battery performed way beyond my expectations under heavy use (until today when I went to the doctor and I think all the medical equipment had something to do with this LOL). Like Todd suggested, I charged it for about 5 days before I began this test. One question...How much did you text during the 7 day analysis? I use A TON of texts (Thank you T-Mobile for Unlimited SMS for $14.99 LOL).

Here we go with the daily results:

Day 1 (March 27): Unplugged at 10 AM. Battery at 100%. Heavy data (includes web, Yahoo, Google Talk, and BB Messengers, and no more than 2 emails). Heavy texting. 4 minutes with BlueTooth. Battery at 10:40 PM was 35%.

Day 2 (March 28): Unplugged at 10:10 AM. Battery at 100%. Heavy data and texting. 3 minutes with BlueTooth. Battery at 11:15 PM was 40%.

Day 3 (March 29): Unplugged at 10:10 AM. Battery at 100%. Heavy data and texting. 4 minutes with BlueTooth. Battery at 11:10 PM was 40%.

Day 4 (March 30): Unplugged at 9:20 AM. Battery at 100%. Moderate data. Heavy texting. No minutes or BlueTooth. Battery at 8:35 PM was 30%.

Day 5 (March 31): Unplugged at 12:21 AM. Battery at 100%. Moderate texting. Changed phones (I needed to use a different phone for this day with the same SIM card). Battery was at 65%. Returned home (4 PM) and reinserted SIM card. Heavy data and texting. No minutes or BlueTooth. Battery at 10:30 PM was 35%.

Day 6 (April 1): Unplugged at 10:30 AM. Battery at 100%. Heavy data and texting. No minutes or BlueTooth. Battery at 11:45 PM was 30%.

Day 7 (April 2, Today): Unplugged at 10:30 AM. Battery at 100%. Heavy data and texting. 5:45 PM-Emergency car charge (battery was somehow down to 25% after my doctor's appointment) to 50% at 6:45 PM. Battery at 10:35 PM was 40%.

I also give this battery a 5/5 star rating. It held its own during heavy usage and didn't go completely dead although it came close today. Thanks Seidio for this battery for us CrackBerry addicts.

Oh by the way, this battery/door kit fits fine in my Fortte Pearl Open Face Case.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-03-2007 at 01:11 AM.

Seidio...I just sent you a PM about my 2400mAh extended battery. Having strange behavior that I've never seen before. If necessary, do you offer replacements? Thanks.

Update. I have discovered that my problem is not the batteries, but the Pearl itself.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast