Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hello everyone! In the never-ending search for more battery life, I decided to give the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Review: New Seidio 1250mAh slim extended battery!

Advertisement

Hello everyone!

In the never-ending search for more battery life, I decided to give the new Seidio 1250mAh battery a try. I own the 2400mAh, which is awesome for the long days of work, but it is slightly bigger than I want for the weekends or off days where my usage is lighter, yet still busy.

So I tried to give an accurate 7 day test. With this battery being approximately 35% more power than the standard OEM, I figured it might be too close to call at first. Would it really be worth the extra $10? Well Seidio always claims that it takes 4 or 5 full charges to get the REAL battery life revved up! And they were right.

What I did was charge overnight each night, and then unplugged when I got up. I included to the right cellular minutes used during that day, and whether data usage with regards to internet was light, medium usage, or heavy usage. As you can see, this battery performs quite well, and gets me just enough extra to get me through a heavy day.

Day 1- Unplugged at 4:55am. Battery at 100%.

187 Cell minutes used, medium data usage. Battery at 9:45pm was 21%

Day 2- (Saturday) Unplugged at 6:40am. Battery at 100%

14 cell minutes used, medium data usage. Battery at 10:50pm was 42%

Day 3- Unplugged at 6:15am. Battery at 100%

3 cell minutes used, medium data usage. Battery at 10:00pm was 47%

Day 4- Unplugged at 5:05am. Battery at 100%

232 cell minutes used, medium data usage. Battery at 10:10pm was 35%

Day 5- Unplugged at 5:00am. Battery at 100%

154 cell minutes used, heavy data usage. Battery at 9:45pm was 41%

Day 6- Unplugged at 5:30am. Battery at 100%

266 cell minutes used, medium data usage. Battery at 9:35pm was 36%

Day 7- Unplugged at 5:20am. Battery at 100%

188 cell minutes used, heavy data usage. Battery right now at 11:30 is 29%

Overall 5 out of 5. Be sure to charge it a few times before formulating your opinions. So slim, there is no more than 1mm difference in the size of your battery. Keep in mind, with my 2 OEM batteries, I have to plug in by 3-4pm every day.

Please see the link here to order yours, and note the pics below as a side by side to the OEM battery and my wife's pearl.

http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=658

Please feel free to post any questions you may have!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PICT0085.jpg
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PICT0076.jpg
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PICT0075.jpg
    http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/PICT0074.jpg
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: Review: New Seidio 1250mAh slim extended battery!

it's not allowing us to view the pictures. I think you pulled the wrong link. copy/paste from the links at the bottom of the pictures. the browser link you copied from top is if we were signed into your acct.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

try again. I just checked from my blackberry and it worked fine. I was editing when you checked.

Thanks
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

PIN/ID
    spam=no

I was shaky on it, but you sold me. I have been barely making it through the whole day with heavy usage. for that slight a change in look (and a cover that clearly lets my speaker broadcast) its worth dropping two 20's on.

Thanks for such a thorough review. Definitely helped make my decision.

Maximus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I got this battery. I am not a heavy cell user but I have my Pearl set to shut down at 11:30pm every night and turn on at 7am the next morning. I would say my data usage is light to medium and so far I've been running three days straight with no charge and battery power is at 37%. I'll charge tonight but I must say I am very happy with the product...BTW I like the battery door.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Blackninja, I'm sure you'll like it. Just be sure not to get discouraged the first couple days. I was. But after I got a few charges in it, I was very impressed. I don't get 3 days out of it, but I use my cell 3000-4000 a month with pretty decent data usage. So when I have a third of my battery left most days or better at the end of the day, I'm absolutely fine with that. And as you stated, the improved speaker cover is sweet. Good buy in my mind. Let us know your experiences when you get it.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Oh a couple other things to note.
    1) I use my Bluetooth headset from around 8 to 5 every day, and I never turn it off. This obviously drains battery significantly.

2) I have pretty lousy cell coverage at my house. Its searching for network a lot, and seeing I spend over a third of my day at home that plays a role too. If you don't use a headset, or have good cell coverage, you can even expect more life!

PIN/ID
    spam=no

wow, i'm even more impressed. Part of the reason I'm barely making it through the day is bt always being on and jivetalk always being connect (along with light calls, but medium/heavy data usage). I can't wait for it to arrive! I'll definitely give it a few good charge ups/downs before sharing my review of it.

quick question: I've heard charging via car adapter can shorten battery life. is this true and if so, can it wear away extended batteries even quicker than stock?

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

You know, I've heard that before too, and I can't confirm or deny it. I actually think someone here gave a good opinion on that and you might be right.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

Well I just received mine charged it for about 10hrs and will now be testing it out I'll post back later with my results. I was glad to see that the Seidio skin I had got before getting the extended battery fits perfect and in the holster as well both ways faced in and faced out. But was very upset that they covered up the speaker hole on the skin. It's always something I mean do these people not get an actual model that they can study 1st before designing for it?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

I got mine yesterday, charged it for 2-3 hours, and will see how it goes, but I got 3-4 days out of the OEM anyway. BTW it's a bitch to get that new door on. Sounds way better though. What a difference.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

The door gets easier to get on. I had a really tough time the first few times.

mobilehavoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ec80a2

Wow, that is one ugly cover IMHO. Also I'm wary of having a louder speaker because this thing is damm loud at full volume using the closed cover.

I guess personal preference but I really don't like the way the cover looks. Oh well.
    8100c - Personal on BIS
    8700c - Work on Corporate BES

"Only 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc
    Wow, that is one ugly cover IMHO. Also I'm wary of having a louder speaker because this thing is damm loud at full volume using the closed cover.

I guess personal preference but I really don't like the way the cover looks. Oh well.
    that's the problem with the OEM cover; it's pretty but not very functional. the thick plastic creates a muffled sound for music/speakerphone.if you search in past cover threads you will see quite a few members drilled tiny holes in their cover door (including myself) because of the sound issue. it's not really the volume that changes by drilling holes (or buying this case) but improves the clarity. it gets rid of that muffled sound.

give it a try. start playing a song (or having a convo on speakerphone) and as you're listening slip your cover off. it's like night and day.

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    that's the problem with the OEM cover; it's pretty but not very functional. the thick plastic creates a muffled sound for music/speakerphone.if you search in past cover threads you will see quite a few members drilled tiny holes in their cover door (including myself) because of the sound issue. it's not really the volume that changes by drilling holes (or buying this case) but improves the clarity. it gets rid of that muffled sound.

give it a try. start playing a song (or having a convo on speakerphone) and as you're listening slip your cover off. it's like night and day.
    Blackninja-did you have any problems with cracking or splitting the plastic when you drilled holes in your OEM battery cover. I want to do this too and was wondering if you had pics of your or what size bit you used etc. Any help would be awesome!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast