Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: Can't Keep My Hands Off This Thing Pros: More Features Than 8100 Cons: Difficult ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: My 8120 From T-Mobile

Advertisement

Verdict: Can't Keep My Hands Off This Thing
    Pros: More Features Than 8100
    Cons: Difficult to get the SIM card out of phone (I HOPE I never have to replace this BB LOL)
    Price: $235 USD before mail in rebate (about $185 USD after)
    URL: http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/phones/...rry-Pearl-8120
    Rating: 5/5

I finally got it and I AM A HAPPY camper. My other Pearl still works but was giving me minor fits.

Color: Titanium front and back, chrome sides.

Device Front: Same as all other Pearls. The keys are half white (top), half grey (bottom). Send, Menu, Back and End keys are fully grey. Trackball same as others. LED Indicator on top right corner of device. Appears to be a little wider and shorter than on my 8100.

Device Back: Camera, Self Portrait Mirror and Flash are horizontally arranged instead of vertically as on my 8100.

Left Side: 3.5 MM Headset Jack, USB Port, Micro SD Slot, Left Convenience Key

Right Side: Volume Up/Down Keys, Right Convenience Key, Wrist Stap Holder

Now For the Software Features Of This Pearl:

Browser: There is now the option to have a cursor to move around and click on links in the browser. You have the option to enable the cursor in Column View only. All other options are the same. Haven't found or tested the tabbed browsing that I have seen discussed. This browser is MUCH faster than on my 8100 without WiFi enabled (I don't have a router connected yet).

Manage Connections: I have been waiting to test this out and it works perfectly. I can turn BlueTooth, EDGE, and WiFi on and off as needed.

Instant Messengers: BlackBerry Messenger is still the same. AIM, MSN, GoogleTalk and Yahoo came preloaded. Finally the ability to have separate clients for each but I still had to transfer JiveTalk due to having multiple AIM, ICQ and Yahoo screennames.

Applications: All of the previous Pearl applications are still on board, such as BB Messenger, Handango InHand, Maps, etc.

Accessories In Box: The phone comes with a black sleeve type pouch (which I just replaced with the T-Mo Vertical Pouch), stereo headphones, battery, wall charger, data cable. I also bought a three pack of wrist straps.

I could go on and on but since a majority of Stackers have the 8110, 8120 and 8130, I won't go into much more detail although I will try to answer questions. All I have to say is that I LOVE this thing!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-07-2008 at 12:17 AM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Nice, well put.
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~very nice review, gratz on your new Pearl!

Thanks. I had been waiting for the day when I could get the cash to pick this up at the store. I couldn't stand to wait any longer than I already have to have this phone delivered to me LOL
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-07-2008 at 12:19 AM.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i hear ya on the SIM card issue. i had to ask someone to make sure i was doing it right. i was soo afraid i was going to break something trying to get it out (they put it in when they shipped it )

excellent review Erica! and soo glad you have a working berry again

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Cool, now I can't wait to get mines. Hopefully by the end of the month. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i hear ya on the SIM card issue. i had to ask someone to make sure i was doing it right. i was soo afraid i was going to break something trying to get it out (they put it in when they shipped it )

excellent review Erica! and soo glad you have a working berry again
    I was fooled by the SIM card door because it looks EXACTLY the same as the one on my 7100t so I thought it would be easier to remove than it actually was.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    Great review,my husband just bought me home yesterday a 8130 and i love it as well,got rid of the 8310,its mint maybe i will sell it.
    Mike

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990
    i have a question for you....

have you used a memory card in the device??? how is the response time for scanning through files and pictures???? does it lag like the 8100???

also

do you still have to enable sending and receiving files when using bluetooth????

~via BB 8120(wap.pinstack.com)~ I transfered the 2 GB card I had in my 8100. I only have music on my card right now. I haven't noticed any lag time yet. I think you still have to enable sending and receiving via Bluetooth but I have never done that before.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I just remembered something. I had seen a few posts asking about the call quality of the phone. Its great whether or not you use a Bluetooth headset. My phone at home took a crap so I've been using my Pearls to make calls. Very clear and little to no background noise at all.

Lacks Alot no está en línea Stack level 2
    I love that part =/

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post

Device Back: Camera, Self Portrait Mirror and Flash are horizontally arranged instead of vertically as on my 8100.

Lacks Alot no está en línea Stack level 2
    How is the speaker?
    any improvements?

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    The trick with the media card is like my digital camara, you just need to push it down with your fingernail, let go and it pops it up for you to take it out.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    There are 2 speakers. The sound quality is the best I have heard on all of my BB's.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast