Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Verdict: I would definitely recommend this headset for both music and phone conversations! Pros: Great ... Smartphone Reviews forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Review: Motorola S9-HD Stereo Bluetooth Headset

Advertisement

Verdict: I would definitely recommend this headset for both music and phone conversations!

Pros: Great sound quality, solid build, no complaints from callers on other end.

Cons: Initially takes a little getting used, but are quite comfortable for long-term use.

URL: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/details.jsp?globalObjectId=217

Price: $94.47 with iPod Adaptor

Overall rating: 9/10 (I gave it a 9 only because nothing can really beat a good pair of over-the-ear headphones!)

I've been using this headset for about a week now and really love it for listening to tunes on my Curve 8310!

The device comes with two sets of large ear gels that have a loose outer layer which in essence seal off your ears from background noise. It also comes with a smaller set, which I haven't tried yet, but they say is more for when you're using them in an environment where you need to be aware of your surroundings like out jogging or in your car.

Also comes with an AC wall charger (Motorola type which will also happily works on my Curve!) and a handy little carrying pouch. The mini-USB charging port and power buttons are at the back/bottom of the device and both have rubber covers to keep moisture out if you use this headset when working out.

The headset has three buttons on either side, which you can use to answer, mute or place calls (if your device supports voice dialing), control the Play/Pause feature of the media player as well skip ahead or back to a track and of course control the volume.

The headset supports multiple connections, so you can connect to your phone, your laptop, your iPod, etc. I got the iPod adaptor with mine, but haven't used it with the iPod as of yet.

What's new over the S9 is this SRS WOW HD feature which offers digitally enhanced audio so the sound quality is excellent for a device of this type.

Battery life isn't as good as other phone-only headsets, obviously because you're using the device a lot more than just for phone calls.

Overall, I really like this unit and would highly recommend it!
    Attached Images Attached Images

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Very good review rogro, I have been thinking about getting a stereo headset for a while now and will definitely be looking at these. Thank you for sharing.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice review. I never liked headsets. Will have to try again. It's been years.

duilsko no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25675D70
    I agree, this headset is nothing short of fantastic. The sound quality comes very close to the ear bud type
    The only complaints I have are,
    1) Its impossible to get replacements for the rubber ends if you loose one. (In Ireland)
    2) They can be very uncomfortable esp if you want to listen to anything while laying down.
    I would recomend this headset to anyone thinking of buying a stereo headset though.

Nice review BTW

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Nice review. I never liked headsets. Will have to try again. It's been years.
    Thanks, Hayden! It's a nice alternative to having two devices for listening to music and talking on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Very good review rogro, I have been thinking about getting a stereo headset for a while now and will definitely be looking at these. Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks, Randy. They're definitely worth checking into. You can probably get them cheaper than what I paid from Amazon, too.

Quote Originally Posted by duilsko View Post
    I agree, this headset is nothing short of fantastic. The sound quality comes very close to the ear bud type
    The only complaints I have are,
    1) Its impossible to get replacements for the rubber ends if you loose one. (In Ireland)
    2) They can be very uncomfortable esp if you want to listen to anything while laying down.
    I would recomend this headset to anyone thinking of buying a stereo headset though.

Nice review BTW

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thankfully it comes with a second pair of ear gels in addition to the smaller set. At least mine did.

Yes, you definitely wouldn't be able to lay down using these, but overall they're very comfortable and I have not experienced fatigue wearing them for several hours.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    So I have the S9's in black/red. Im guessing these are new, with the only difference of HD sound quality.... would there be any other reason for me to upgrade from my current pair? And oh yeah! Do the HD S9's enable sound for videos???
    ...& that's pretty much it!

Looks like the answer to that is yes.

mccx33 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215b70b5
    Oooh, Well Thank you RoGro... I think I'll wait for a nice price drop lol
    ...& that's pretty much it!

jeffmurph004 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d690a7

Thumbs down Mixed feelings!

I have owned several different bluetooth headphones including the S9 (non-HD version). I feel that if I am pressing the eartbuds in my ears then yes, the sound quality in amazing, let go though and there is zero base. The ear buds need to be more gel like so they stay put then I would give these a 10 rather then a 2!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Wow, I honestly never looked into stereo bluetooth devices at all before this, but the S9-HD looks pretty good. I've never been a huge fan of headsets, but this product looks to be very minimalistic in design and just might be worth it.

If nothing else it'd be something cool to have just to rub something else in the face of my iPhone 3G loving friends,

~via BlackBerry Bold~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    good review Roger, Ive been thinking seriuosly about these-thanks

motoangel no está en línea Stack level 1
    Nice review i have a pair of s9's non HD and i really like them very much, but a heads up on anyone who plans to use them for some serious jogging they are supposed to be sweat ressistant but i had to take mine in for replacements 4 times because the controls stop working because of the sweat so i had to stop using them for jogging but apart from that they work well.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    Just got a pair and I love them. The only downfall is no mic. You have to have your phone out to talk to anyone. Other than that. A kick *** product
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast