Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~one thing I have noticed is that RIM seems to have went ... Smartphone Reviews forum

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: MelissaOx's Review on the Tmobile 8700g

Advertisement

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~one thing I have noticed is that RIM seems to have went the cheap route on the 8700 case. It just seems to me that it is not as well built as my 7290 was. The battery case does not fit snug and is paper thin. The keys have a little play in them as well. Also I can see the backlight thru the sides. All of which my prior berrys did not have. Now. With all that said, it is an amazing little berry and I'm happy with the speed of EDGE. :-)

donmitchell no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31892F51

I get my 8700g in the mail today
    Just thought I'd wake up real early to let everyone know that, good night....
    -Don

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Hope you like the 8700 donmitchell. I love mine.

johnj41 - My battery cover on the back fits snug, I am assuming that is what you are talking about. The keys have a little wiggle, but that is normal in all the full keyboard stuff I have had in the past. I can not see the backlight through the sides at all.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~yeah I'm talking about the battery cover. Mine has a little play in it. And on the port side you can see the backlight thru it. I'm just a little worried about dust getting in the houseing. :-(

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~thats actually me. I've sent a pm to a moderator about the double handle. Sorry for the confusion. I forgot I joined as johnj40 earlier.

saikouASL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I am still waiting for my 8700!!! I just called T Mobile and it is still back ordered! I feel sorry for my wife for putting up with my obession with the 8700.

I love my 8700. My hubby doesn't mind as I gave him my 7100t to try out. He seems to be liking it. We message via BB messenger all the time.

If I am not mistaken the early Cingular 8700's had some issues with dust. That was supposed to have been fixed.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

saikouASL no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I love my 8700. My hubby doesn't mind as I gave him my 7100t to try out. He seems to be liking it. We message via BB messenger all the time.

If I am not mistaken the early Cingular 8700's had some issues with dust. That was supposed to have been fixed.

Hey can I borrow your 8700 to soothe my obession till my actually comes?? LOL

PIN/ID
    31892F51

My phone has arrived, pretty nice. At the moment, I now have the 8700g, a 7105t (for sale), and a Verizon 7130e (also for sale). Pretty cool comparing all 3 simultaneously.
    -Don

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

ANyone know when they are going to put the push to talk on this model?

No clue.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Anyone have problems using AIM via IM+ on this model? My AIM disconnects all the time, sometimes not at all, even when I have full coverage...kinda sucks
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I have just been using Ramble. With Yahoo and Google talk free from RIM, no need to pay 45 for an IM app.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    31892F51

Oops I'm sorry I meant the OZ Instant Messenger that kinda comes with the device...it keeps disconnecting...sometimes not right away, but when I go back to it after a while during the day, it will just disconnect.
    -Don

I would guess it disconnects when it loses signal... maybe gets below a certain level.
    It has an auto sign on feature you can enable.. maybe that would help. I don't use the OZ IM as much now as I have the real Yahoo on my BB I sometimes use it for AIM, sometimes Ramble. What IM are you hooking up with? Is it happening to just one (could mean its a problem with the IM provider not the app) or is it happening with the all? Also if you have another app you can use, like Ramble, try it for awhile and see if the same thing happens.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast