Are you a Financial Planner, stock broker, or just ALWAYS have to be connected to ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Thumbs up REVIEW: Market Stream Live

Advertisement

Are you a Financial Planner, stock broker, or just ALWAYS have to be connected to the markets throughout the world? Well if so, Market Stream Live is for you!

I have used many of the stock trackers out there. All of them have been on a minimum 15 minute delay. If you're lucky, and it's "really" accurate. Not a big deal if you're a casual market enthusiast, or just like to see how your investments are doing occasionally during the day.

MarketStream Live is very different. It offers REAL TIME market streams from over 30 financial exchanges across the globe. Equities, Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Futures are just some of the markets you can access.

Pros:

1) Customize, Customize, Customize! Whether you want to follow the DJIA, NASD, or any individual stock, you can change the way, as well as WHAT you want to view. Want the current price along with the daily high/low? No problem. Oh and did I mention, streamed in genuine real time??? Want to know the number of shares traded that day or the % +/- for the day? Sure thing! over 20 different categories to customize what YOU want!

2) Alerts! Want to sell if a stock reaches or declines to a certain level? You can set each stock, or market to alert you when a stock hits a certain price. Or set it up to alert you if your stock(s) go up or down a certain $ or % amount. Very nice feature!

3) Quick, real time quote. Just plug in the instrument code for the given stock and get an instant, real time quote! Its amazing to sit there and watch the DJIA move up and down, as if you're watching it live on tv!

Cons: Only works if you're on a BES

Price: Unless you're an executive or in the financial world for your business, you have large amounts of disposable income, or are simply a market addict, the price will be prohibitive for most. Basic Service runs 55 British Pounds/ Month, with a one year agreement. That just about $110 with the exchange rate. But it's a drop in the bucket for those people in the market.

Verdict: Amazing application, EASY setup. I love how you can truly customize what information you get, can be alerted to it, and have it in real time. If you need to be in touch, and you tote a Blackberry, this application is most definitely a MUST HAVE!!! I have attempted several "streaming" applications, from music to video. This is very accurate, and at no time during my 2 week trial, did I have a service interruption!

Overall rating : 5/5!!!

For more information, please visit the site. http://www.marketstreamlive.com/publ...t/products.php You can also get a free trial and see how amazing this application is!

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via PM. I'll do my best to answer any and all questions!

Last edited by Toddboy71; 04-04-2008 at 03:04 PM.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Great review... Thanks Todd!

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    By the way if you're interested, get the trial. Screenshots can't do the streaming quotes justice!

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B
    Does it work with BIS-B? Still can't find a market quote streamer compatible :-(

Best,
    Jaime

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    No it doesn't. Edited original post. Sorry!
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    This looks really neat ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

You almost had me at hello !
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoe View Post

You almost had me at hello !
    Actually I was thinking, if someone was willing to spend 110 smackers on this per month, just get a hosted BES from Exchangemymail or others? I think you can do that for like $10 a month nowadays. I used to spend 20 before I got on my company BES. Just a thought.