This is something my wife and I found at Best Buy on Monday, March 23, ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2

Review: LG Solar Bluetooth Car Kit

Advertisement

This is something my wife and I found at Best Buy on Monday, March 23, 2009 - a bluetooth speakerphone by LG that not only has excellent quality voice, voice dialing, multi connection (2 phones) AND easy pairing - The LG Speakerphone Car Kit.

This little beauty weighs in at 0.51 lbs, including the plastic suction cup mounting unit. It is 94.3 mm L x 50.5 mm W x 14.4 mm H, and is easily removable from the mounting unit.

The unit is Green, meaning that you do NOT need to use the car charging cable to charge the speakerphone (even though the cable is included). On the back of the speakerphone is a solar panel, so there is constant power to the speakerphone as long as there is daylight!

The speakerphone, with completely dead battery, takes 2 hours to charge with the cable, or about 33 hours with the solar panel. The unit comes nearly fully charged from LG. It is easy to check the battery level, just hold the up and down volume buttons down together and then release them at the same time. The unit will beep and flash the LED (up to 4x). 4 beeps/flashes means up to 16 hours talk time, 3 means 12-16 hours, 2 means less than 12 hours, 1 means about 1 hour or less. The speaker phone has MORE than 1100 HOURS of standby time.

Talk time is unlimited with the solar panel.

Pairing is easy. Turn the speaker phone on, turn on your BB's Bluetooth, wait for the BB to discover the speakerphone, enter the 4 digit Pass/Pin code. After that, the speakerphone will automatically pair with your BB as soon as they come in range of each other (about 35 feet).

Voice dialing on the BB 8330 is flawless, just press the dial button on the speakerphone and the voice dialing application starts on the BB, and is audible on the speakerphone immediately, and it dials whatever number or name you tell it to immediately. You can also dial from the BB and your call is routed through the speakerphone without having to touch anything else.

My wife and I used our respective speakerphones for more than 7 hours so far, and no one on the other end was able to tell we were using a speakerphone, and their voices (from the other end) came through without any distortion whatsoever! Fantastic little thing!

It is available at Best Buy for $79.99 each.

Additional features include: Bluetooth 1.1, 1.2, 2.0, 2.1, noise reduction, echo cancellation, call/end, volume key, last number redial, voice dialing, multi-connection (up to 2 phones), and easy pairing. There is some more information on LG's website - http://www.buywirelessnow.com/lg/buy...cessory/398564
    Last edited by jblackfish; 03-26-2009 at 06:43 PM.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Interesting specially if you have an need for hands free. Between voice dialing and this device you would be set. Thanks for the info

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Sounds like a great find ill have to check it out
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Richard1864 no está en línea Stack level 2
    You are most welcome. I forgot to mention that you can remove the speakerphone from the window mount and use it on your desk or anywhere else you might be.

dorojm no está en línea Stack level 2
    I was checking around and zipzoomfly.com has it listed for 53.99 with free shipping. I think I will be buying one for my husband and one for myself. Thanks for the info!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

phiv5e no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    217F515F
    this sounds cool.. im gonna see whats up with this device for sure... thanks for the info..