Product Information Via LG Website: LG Bluetooth Style-i Headset The LG Bluetooth Style-i is a ... Smartphone Reviews forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

REVIEW: LG HBM-700 Style-i BlueTooth Pen

Advertisement

Product Information Via LG Website:

LG Bluetooth Style-i Headset
    The LG Bluetooth Style-i is a lightweight wireless headset utilizing Bluetooth technology. It operates like a remote control for Bluetooth enabled mobile phones.

It can work with up to three handsets at a time

The device enables users to dial numbers through its blue back lighted keypad or to see the caller ID and the last number dialed on the blue display.

Users can hold it just like a traditional cell phone, as there is a small speaker at the top and a microphone at the bottom. Moreover, there's a 2.5-mm jack to attach a headphone.

Features:
    Voice dialing
    Last number redial
    Call waiting
    3-way calling
    Caller ID

-----------------------------------------------------------

CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF THE

LG HBM-700 Style-i BlueTooth Pen

----------------------------------------------------------

After reading Pinstacker MCM180's post regarding this nifty little device (Amazing LG Bluetooth Pearl Handsfree Unit) I had to cure my thirst for curiosity...So...I called around to the hookups I have at the local wireless companies to see if any of them currently stocked it.

Yet once again I find myself having to resort to Verizon Wireless. I say that in that tone because it seems as if the Pearl should have been released on Verizon first since they seem to be the only stores that already carried anything that works for the Pearl (IE: This, MicroSD's, Stereo Headphones).

So my connection tells me to come pick one up, and I am on my way. Let's go ahead and spare the details about the drive down to pick it up and all that and get to the actual device itself.

First off, the look...Looks pretty smooth to be honest with you...Kind of like something you would see some rich person with (more on that later) or you would see in a TV show or movie...All except the freaking Verizon logo on it.

The color of the unit I got is not the all black one, however is a mix between silver and black, as you will see in pictures below. Keys feel decent, not cheaply made, and are backlit blue when pressed, however they only stay on for about a second, thus hurting it on the "coolness" scale.

The LED display is blue obviously, however, you better have really good eyes in order to read the Caller ID number on incomming calls.

The Send/End and Volume Keys are located on the side of the device, along with the Power Port and the Hold (AKA Lock) button. On the top of the device is a 2.5mm jack for headphones also.

Also, on the front of the device, there is a small speaker and microphone so that you can literally use this thing as a mini-phone, but in all honesty, it's kind of a stupid design...If feels (and probably looks) as if you are talking into BIC pen, plus the sound quality isn't all that great either. Now, I do actually wish that this thing had a microphone and an earbud/loop on the inside (back) of the device. I would SO pimp this thing out and about if I could have it over my ear. Talk about people thinking you were some sports star or movie star!

On the back, a reset button (more in a moment) and a clip, so that you can clip it to your shirt, berry case, whatever...I find these clips to be extremely annoying. Probably because I am the type of person where this clip will NOT be there within 24 hours. I am notorious for breaking the clips off of things such as pens, and thats what the clip reminds me of. So soon it will be gone because I will subconciously rip it off.

As for the device...That's pretty much it...It comes with a charger obviously, 1 piece headset/mic and a lanyard (which may be the only real good thing about this device).

The reason I say that is because how many of you out there wish that your BlueTooth headset came with a case or a lanyard? I know I do! Or something just to take better care of it or easier to find and store, rather than just shoving it in your pocket and trying to pull it out when you need it. (I am not one of those people who walks around like a cyborg with this big alien remote control on my ear all of the time just because I want to look cool or important. The headset only comes out when I need it).

Now, first off, this thing is easy to pair with one device, actually, its easy to PAIR with more than that (it says it will support 3 devices), however, actually getting it to WORK with more than 1 device, will have you uttering enough swear words to have Navy sailors scared of you.

Then it decided it wanted to do this cute little trick on me which I call the eternal freeze...You know...When you have a device that you yell at, so it gets its revenge by just freezing up on you...Power button wouldn't work, number keys wouldn't work, nothing would work. It just sat there and Volume 1 on the screen for 7 minutes+. Of course this pissed me off, so I had to go outside and calm down and respond to some emails. Make my way back in 15 minutes later and pick it up, and NOW it's responding.

SO, I disconnect it from the 8700, connect it back with the 8100 and decide to try and make a phone call...It worked...Whoopdie-freakin-Do.

Sound quality? Clarity? Etc? Same as if you were using a BlueTooth.

Now, what DOES suck is that fact that you can't BlueTooth your 8100's music to this thing...Now THAT would be awesome...Be able to use this thing as a remote for your MP3? OH YEAH. But, that of course, is not the case so there is no need to even dream about that unless LG wants to bring me on board with the R&D staff.

Overall, would I recommend you buy this device? No way. Unless Aunt Rue just sent you a $500 check for your birthday and you want to go blow $100 on something you will use once and then put in the BBAY forums within a month. Someone who DOES buy this, truly lives up to the name CrackBerry, because you would be better off going out and buying $100 worth of crack. Atleast it serves a purpose.

This device is about as useful as having "deer whistles" mounted to the front bumper of a straigh piped Chevy. Like I said, unless you want to look cool or want to have a conversation piece.

My advice, if you want this thing as a toy, wait about a month and you will be able to pick them up on Ebay or somewhere else for about half the price.

Last edited by Gina; 11-07-2006 at 09:34 AM. Reason: page width in IE

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Re: REVIEW: LG HBM-700 Style-i BlueTooth Pen

This thing does look cool and I feel that someone walking around holding this to their ear would definitely look futuristic. HOWEVER...its just a plain stupid idea. My opinion for what its worth.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Nice, uh, review?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah, anyone else have this thing? Is it just me or would $100 being spent on this thing be better spent giving to a friend of yours and having him whack you in between the legs 4 times with an aluminum baseball bat?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184
    This thing does look cool and I feel that someone walking around holding this to their ear would definitely look futuristic.
    That would actually make this thing pretty kick *** if you could actually use it as a mounted BlueTooth Headset!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This has been available on the Sprint website for about a week. I was debating on purchasing it or not. Thanks for the info N8.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thanks for the heads up on this device

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

So......what you are really saying is you don't like this gizmo?

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by johnj41

So......what you are really saying is you don't like this gizmo?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

it looks good in the dark

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Video Demo Coming Momentarily...

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Excellent review N8 as always! Thanks for the warning!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Well, video demo WAS coming but YouTube is taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R tonight to get videos uploaded...

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

BUMP-Video Uploaded Finally...Link in original post.

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks N8. I am glad you posted this. What I gather is I am beter off with my Moto H350. Whith out a earhook the device is kinda half baked.
    And if I had that 100 dollars I would be half way to upgradeing my phone.