Verdict: Case can be useful if its shortcomings are overlooked Pros: Case provides full BlackBerry ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Krusell Classic Multidapt Swivel Clip Case

Advertisement

Verdict: Case can be useful if its shortcomings are overlooked
    Pros: Case provides full BlackBerry protection
    Cons: Not very user friendly; tight fit; slippery plastic coverings
    Overall Rating: 3 out of 5
    URL: http://www.krusell.se (Product Information) and http://www.daydeal.com (Purchasing Information)
    Price: $28.99 USD
    Additional Details: Fits the 7100r/t, 7105t

I have seen Stackers ask about Krusell leather cases for their BlackBerry. I decided to share my experiences with the one I have. I bought Krusell's Classic Multidapt Swivel Clip Case for my 7100t last year after discovering I needed a case of some kind to keep me from dropping my BlackBerry. I also used it briefly for my 7105t that I got almost 2 months ago.

This is a black case with a protective flexible plastic sheet covering the screen, keypad, power button and escape key. It leaves openings for the speaker, microphone, speakerphone on the back (with a mesh type covering) and scrollwheel. On the back of the case is the area where the clip and stud attach to the case.

When I received this case, I had a fight getting the phone in the case because of the tight fit. I read on the site that they are form fitting but I didn't realize how tight it would actually be. I also accidentally lost, and later found, the plastic stud that goes on the back of the case.

Finding the metal stud was the solution to the problem I had of figuring out how to attach the clip to the case. It took about 5 minutes to get the clip and stud on the case. Note: This case can be used with or without the clip but there is no option to order the case without the clip.

Once I had the case and everything setup, the task of using the phone in the case came up. As I mentioned previously, many of the important parts of the phone are covered with plastic and hard to access. Then the problems started after extended use.

I found it a little difficult to type on the phone the first few times I used it with the case on but it became easier. I noticed I was able to hold the phone much better and not drop it either with this case.

Then a few months later, I started having more problems with it which resulted in me basically giving up on this case. First I realized that the case was actually not keeping the screen clean. I began to notice dust, food and case particles on the screen. I also began to develop BlackBerry thumb from having problems using the scrollwheel, escape key, power button and keypad while in the case. I also was not using the clip that came with the case (this is due to the fact that I am not ambulatory and had limited access for a case clip). I ended up taking the clip off and shoving the entire case in my backpack. After continuous struggles with the case, I ended up taking the phones out of the case completely.

I liked this case, but it eventually became clear that it did not meet my needs. This case is great if you intend to use your 7100r/t, or 7105t, as a phone only (with either a wired or Bluetooth headset). If you intend to use your phone as a phone and a messaging device, but still want protection without removing the device from the case as I do, I would recommend a Fortte Open Face Case (also called Cabrio or Play Through) with an optional (and hopefully becoming standard) screen protector.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-22-2006 at 05:45 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Review: Krusell Classic Multidapt Swivel Clip Case

LOL Almost forgot the pictures

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

haha
    Welcome to my World!

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

The Krusell Classic Multidapt Swivel Clip Case is not 2 bad. I have 1 for my 7105T.It fits nice & tight. Pressing down on the keys takes some getting used 2, but it can be mastered. I rate it a 9 out of 10.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!