Verdict: Very addictive Tetris-like game Pros: Easy to understand and play Cons: None Overall Rating: ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Ka-Glom

Advertisement

Verdict: Very addictive Tetris-like game
    Pros: Easy to understand and play
    Cons: None
    Overall Rating: 5 out of 5

Here's a review of a game I almost forgot I had on my BlackBerry LOL

Ka-Glom
    http://www.magmic.com/game?show=KaGlom
    $4.95 USD

I recently received a copy of this game for BlackBerry so I thought I'd play it and give a review for anyone who wants to try it. The object of Ka-Glom is to combine the falling blocks together to get a chain reaction. The round blocks are called gloms. 4 of these must be combined to clear them from the screen. See the tutorial section in the game for the names of the different blocks.

There are 3 different levels of Gameplay: Normal, Time Attack, and Puzzle Mode. There is also a Network Mode to play against other BlackBerry users. Since this was my first time playing the game since receiving it, I tried the Normal mode and was surprised how easy it was to get to Level 10 before the game got the best of me LOL

When the game starts, the first screen you will see gives you options as to which mode you want to play.

1) Normal Mode, in which the game starts immediately.

2) Time Attack Mode, in which you have the option to play a 3 minute, 5 minute, or an 8 minute game. You can also see the Highest Scores achieved in this Mode.

3) Puzzle Mode, in which you have the option of playing either Pluto or Keyboard, which each feature 50 puzzles to complete. A progress bar is included to track your progress in each Puzzle Mode game.

There is also a Network Game option. To start a Network game, you have to create an account to be able to log in and connect to other players. You also have to configure the game so that it works properly on your device. To create an account, enter a username (14 letters or less), password and an email address is entered automatically for you. After entering this information, you are brought back to the main screen to log in to play the game.

Finally the tutorial shows you how to play the game using your BlackBerry device. It will also teach you the names of the different blocks and objects in the game.

This game is alot of fun once you learn the controls and how to make the blocks go where you want them to. The only con about the game is the SLOW loading time in any of the screens and initially starting the game. This may work better if you have EVDO or EDGE.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-14-2006 at 09:33 PM.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Review: Ka-Glom

You know I found Soduko Gold from magmic also very slow to load when you first open it. Must be something with thier games.

Great review
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Thanks. But I don't have that problem with Spider Solitaire.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Haven't tried that one. Only have Soduko. Won it a long time ago from another site. Always meant to try out some more of thier games... rarely have the time.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    will ka glom work with 5.0 os
    " B safe "

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Quote Originally Posted by Antgod View Post
    will ka glom work with 5.0 os
    yes it will
    " B safe "

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I love Ka Glom, like Erica said, very addictive.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

joannabgoode no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, everyone!
    If you like this game so much, maybe you'll appreciate the fact that it's currently sold free at the BlackBerry Appworld. Says it's a limited-time offer, so it's now or never