Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Excellent write up, look forward to seeing your comments after a week of use. Losing ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: iPhone - can it replace BB? (lotsa pics)

Advertisement

Excellent write up, look forward to seeing your comments after a week of use. Losing my 20% corporate discount would be way too much plus I still like touch typing one-handed too much, so definitely staying on my curve.

euvi85 no está en línea Stack level 1

I really love my blackberry 8300 curve. As far as I am concerned anything with an Apple on it can stay out of my house. I don't even own an Ipod. I own a Zune. The phone is impressive. But not enough to impress me. Even if it was a free phone I would stick with my curve.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The I phone is not ready to challange blackberry yet. But it shows that rim needs to be more creative with the new phones coming out in the near future! I'm tired of converting my videos, I want wi-fi, bigger screen, better browser, video recording, and the visual email thing would be cool as well. Just wishful thinking, but hey why not?

Dafodyll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

I'm a Mac girl through and through and I must admit I was interested but with as fast as I burn through my mobile battery I would hate to not be able to have a spare batt on hand to swap out when I need to. Also I love that with BB you can give out your pin to somebody you wouldn't necessairly give your number too.Of course they have to have a BB too but lets be honest...do we really want to chat with regular phone people LOL J/K I know with the iphone you can use AIM but I just really like being able to pin message. My whole family has Pearls.

The iphone does have some sweet features but I'm sticking with my Pearl.

Thanks for the info Cliff. Great write up.

~Amie~

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

Quote Originally Posted by ct5694
    yeah i work at an ATT store and i was playing with our demo models since employees are not allowed to purchase iphones and use them on your official use lines. anyways the keypad is horrible on the iphone. i really really still love my pearl. !!!!
    I totally agree!
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

sehra4177 no está en línea Stack level 1

Wahts all the hype?....the pearl is the best and Blackberry has been around for years...so sticking with BB pearl. You know touch screens and how they can act up...theres no other options but touch screen...what if your touch screen goes out? And also no removable battery...and for replacement you have to replace the whole device if the battery goes out.

cshevlin no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E90BCA

Im not ready to give up my Law Enforcement discount yet. But i still love my pearl...I would love to get an i phone its just way tooooo much money for a poor cop. Also if I jack that phone up in a fight with one of our great philadelphia criminals i would be reallllly pissed...
    PIN # 23E90BCA
    Hit me on the BB..

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16

Nice review and please continue with the updates. The best thing I see out of this is that it will push RIM to produce even more user friendly phones. The iPhone as it is now will never be a replacement for the bulk of BB users. That said, the latest features will push RIM and it will push the other service providers (Verizon, TMO, ...) to get the latest phones from RIM. I see this release being a bigger hit to Verizon than RIM.

tai
    tai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304E2757

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~N8DBB, I totally agree with you about this being good across the board. I would never buy a new phone, I always wait 6months so the bugs can get worked out. The iPhone is totally cool just not for me

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    OK first I need to say sorry for some of the pics not being great.
    you need to say sorry for leaving us cliff i miss you already

glad you're having fun with your new toy

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

I'll wait for the reviews and the hype to die down. If I paid that much for a phone, I'd find reasons to love it.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc

I'll wait for the reviews and the hype to die down. If I paid that much for a phone, I'd find reasons to love it.
    I don't care about the money, it comes and goes so doesn't affect my judgements. I'm just into technology. Besides, it can be returned (less $50 which I just look at as renting the iPhone like many do with VCR's and game systems from Blockbuster)
    1. I think the BlackBerry has a big edge on email still over the iPhone - true push vs iPhone's "only Yahoo IMAP push", not even exchange yet.
    2. Cannot create filters for the email - such as how Gmail issues. When you send an email from Gmail on the iPhone (or BB) it comes back to you as a "new message". On the BB you can create the filter so you don't get it back anymore, but not so on the iPhone - another let down.
    3. Cannot send or receive MMS/Picture Messages - big downfall to not even allow receiving!
    4. I do like the calendar better on the iPhone than the BB though.
    5. EDGE is slower on the iPhone than it is on my Curve (Curve was pulling in ~50kpbs, then in the last few days with AT&T's upgrades it now pulls ~250kbps, but the iPhone is only hitting ~170kbps, just now got 167)
    I know they are still new and many things will change in the near future, but... I still think #2 and #3 should have been dealt with before it was released.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Cannot send or receive MMS/Picture Messages - big downfall to not even allow receiving!
    I can see what Apple was thinking: "Why do we need MMS when you can just email the picture?"

But what they forgot is that a bunch of non-Apple phones out there can only do MMS as an easy way to send and receive pictures.

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862

Even though I like all of the cool features of the iPhone including the full HTML browser, its still not worth it for me to get rid of my pearl for its fancy graphics

ABMdesign no está en línea Stack level 2

I actually saw a few listings for the iPhone going over 1000$ on bids not BIN... insane. I have no issue walking in the store today, no line and plenty there.
    a single 8gb: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330141807856
    and this is for 2 8gb iPhones - already $1500: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330141822712
    people are crazy

When I check under Settings it doesn't tell me anything, so I paired the iPhone with my MacBook and the MacBook said "There were no supported services found on your device" so I guess no DUN, no file transfer, not even sending contacts etc. wow disappointing

yeah the iPhone data plan is cheaper, surprisingly. But I just discovered my Yahoo email is "push". Apple even says it in their PDF manual... nice. Still checking to see if other IMAP accounts are "push"
    My TMO BB Data plan (unlimited) is only $19.99, same as iPhone. Also, Yahoo is supposedly the only email to "push" to the iPhone, but many reports I have read says the push doesn't really work. They are sweet toys, don't get me wrong, but they should in no way, shape or form be confused with a business level smartphone. Ok, ok, I don't actually own one, but I have played with a friend's for several hours yesterday (pitted against my Pearl) and I have spent WAY to much time reading reviews since its launch Friday night. The BEST, most comprehensive review I have seen so far, besides Cliff's of course=) is at:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2082435,00.asp
    It goes through every feature and function and gives an unbiased review. Bottom line, If you use a BB because you need it's funtionality, adaptability, and easy integration of 3rd party apps, then stick with your BB. The iPhone will disapoint. The coolest iPhone feature is visual voicemail, which I downloaded for my pearl last week on this forum. It was a free app, took only minutes OTA, and works PERFECTLY!
    Personally, I have to agree with N8DBB 100%. The iPhone will spur unimaginable innovations from RIM in the near future. This time next year we will all be drooling over the newest BB superphone and saying, iWhat?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast