Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by jonbost ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there have been mixed reviews on the virtual keyboard. ... Smartphone Reviews forum

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: iPhone - can it replace BB? (lotsa pics)

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jonbost
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~there have been mixed reviews on the virtual keyboard. I used one today and honestly with how fast I type on the bb I was having problems all over where is was not registering the buttons that I was pressing. This is a major flaw for me.
    The only way it won't register is if you hit the button with your thumb nail. The multi touch screen is awesome but it does take warmth from skin to activate. My wife was having the same problem until we figured out about the nail thing. I've made mistakes but it never failed to register the key hit. I figure it will take a week or so before I'm as fast or maybe faster on the iPhone than I was on the 7100i.
    Last edited by jwlussow; 06-30-2007 at 11:27 PM.

- tom - no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Thumbs down Re: Review: iPhone - can it replace BB? (lotsa pics)

Wow.... This forum now becomes the iPhone forum.... nice

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by - tom -
    Wow.... This forum now becomes the iPhone forum.... nice
    That's never gonna happen!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Regarding the ebay comment about going for twice the msrp, I have to say not true. Buy it now prices are that high, but noone is biting on it. The highest I saw one that was bidded on was up to $400 (prob by the same idiot that paid $3000 for a ps3).

Now do I think that the iPhone will be a BB kiler? Nah.

But the good thing about the iPhone is that it will be good for future consumer based BB's.

RIM has now see the kind of hooplah that releasing a new device can do.

And as we all know, the iPhone is far from perfect. But on the flip side of that, it does in many aspects raise the bar for future phones across the board.

RIM is known to stepping up to a challenge, and Apple has now presented that challenge.

However, there will be mistakes to learn from also. IMO, Apple locking into such a long exclusive with at&t isn't going to help them. I would have loved to see this device launched on tmo AND cingy on the same day, as sales would have gone through the roof.

But I do think Apple is a little too eager to think they are going to sell 9million units in one year.

I see nothing but this being a good thing for consumer BlackBerry owners in the near future (12-16 months).

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Edit. $400 above was supposed to be $800.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by kre8berry
    I am 100% Mac based and I don't think I go iPhone just yet. Too many complaints of typing issues and yes the cost is a bit up there. Not to mention service plans. Just yesterday a guy was on radio talking on two phones. Blackberry and iPhone. IPhone dropped call like 5 times. Hmm. Don't get me wrong heat phone concept. And as I said I amm 4 macs but my blackberry syncs just fine.
    No dropped calls yet. I've been on a few different BBs and I've tried every possible way to sync over the past 6 or so years. What is your secret? There are hundreds of Mac people on this board that can't get a successful sync. The dates in Tasks get dropped or changed. The contacts name might show up but no numbers or info shows up. Don't forget it is IMPOSSIBLE to update or upgrade your phone without Windows.

I hope RIM rethinks their lack of support so I can come back to BB. Right now I'm thrilled with my new toy.

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ intresting review, but as a die hard mac user I just got my 8703e and absolutly love it. iphone has a couple things against it I'd never use the carrier it is exclusive to and I don't like the safari browser. Also so far not a single problem syncing. My only frustration is that it is very challenging to ad software from my mac if I can't get it OTA. Also I like my ipod to be seperate from my other device.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Edit. $400 above was supposed to be $800.
    I actually saw a few listings for the iPhone going over 1000$ on bids not BIN... insane. I have no issue walking in the store today, no line and plenty there.
    a single 8gb: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330141807856
    and this is for 2 8gb iPhones - already $1500: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330141822712
    people are crazy

Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff
    Is it true only HandsFree and Headset are the only bluetooth profiles? No DUN?
    When I check under Settings it doesn't tell me anything, so I paired the iPhone with my MacBook and the MacBook said "There were no supported services found on your device" so I guess no DUN, no file transfer, not even sending contacts etc. wow disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by gatechfireblade
    ... If push email isnt a must for you, you can save $360 over the BIS in 2 years which make the phone that much more worth it IMO ($35 for BIS and 200 texts versus Iphones 20$ for internet and 200 texts).
    yeah the iPhone data plan is cheaper, surprisingly. But I just discovered my Yahoo email is "push". Apple even says it in their PDF manual... nice. Still checking to see if other IMAP accounts are "push"
    Last edited by cliffr39; 07-01-2007 at 12:03 AM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

ghost7787 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey guys here is some feedback I have received from customers at my At&t store...many have seen it through the displays and the device is has sold out twice (the launch stock depleted in 2 hours) and today in the morning. It got some great features such as the 2 MP camera, the Safari Browser and Wi-Fi, beautiful display of album arts, videos and song menu and some very innovative ways of looking at things such as the visual voicemail. Overall customers have mainly complained about their activations since there have been some known system problems due to the high network usage lately. Never the less it can do alot but email is still the leading product when it comes to email and usability. Many customers have seen the iphone but blackberries are still being my top recommend product.....and cliff GREAT REVIEW....us reps at ATT have been kept in the dark on alot of iphone related info since we dont even activate them in the stores.

ct5694 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    n/a

yeah i work at an ATT store and i was playing with our demo models since employees are not allowed to purchase iphones and use them on your official use lines. anyways the keypad is horrible on the iphone. i really really still love my pearl. !!!!

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

I just might have to get one for my birthday..........................

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

I got to play with one today, a guy at work picked one up yesterday.
    Looks nice, but a few things I saw, (I was testing it against my Pearl)
    He cannot recieve picture messages, in sms or mms. I tried to send it 3 different ways, nothing...
    Had a prob getting his e-mails set up.
    Kept loosing the wi-fi connection, while in a very good spot in my hotel.
    The video he had on, I think through u tube(?) was really bad. Yes, the screen is big, but if it goes not come in good, whats the point? He did not have anything loaded up for video in memory yet, maybe that is bette,r idk
    Some of the features as the calendar where neat,
    but the keyboard oof Think I'll stick with my Pearl :-)

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

...nice post!

johnio no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f77784

Really nice writeup, I'm still not sold. Doesn't mean I want to try it out.
    Can't wait to see what BB has up their sleeves.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BBschmuck no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E198CD

Viva la 8320!
    Screw Cingular. I am nowhere near convinced. Got to play around with one myself. Great idea that should have spent a little more time in develoment. I actually watched the battery drain as I played around with it!
    I am a Mac user myself, but my bb has never failed me.
    And, I think apple really made a bad decision by giving it 5 years of cingular exclusivity. They are loosing out on so much profit.
    I will happily wait till September for my new phone. Plus, I still have a better device in my pearl.
    Just my $0.02.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast