This application was announced back in Sept. but they were limiting mailing to only Canada ... Smartphone Reviews forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Hippopost Mobile, Send Free Postcards From Your BlackBerry!

Advertisement

This application was announced back in Sept. but they were limiting mailing to only Canada until last week when they started mailing to the USA. I held off on my review until some of the postcards I sent were received so I could see exactly what they will be like. Hippopost is a great app! It's fun, it's easy, and best of all it's free! Here's how it works, you download the app to your BlackBerry via http://mobile.hippopost.com or get it in App World(it seems like it may only be available via App World now that it has been released there except for Storm users). The app is free and you can send 2 free postcards per day!(but I've heard that number will be going up). They print them and mail them, the only thing is that it is ad supported so your postcard will have ads on it. If you need more than the 2 free each day, you can purchase more ranging in price from $1.69-$1.99 each depending on whether you buy in groups of 5, 10, or 20. You also can send up to 10 free per day via http://hippopost.com.

The app is literally as easy as these screen shots, one of the most original, fun, and easy to use apps I have ever reviewed!

1st choose the option to send a card or even clone a previously sent card to send to another recipient. Then choose to select a pic from your device memory, media card, or snap a new one on the spot with your BlackBerry camera.

Next, enter your personalized message, then either choose a contact or enter the recipient's info manually.

Click send postcard and the app will search for ads and you get to choose which ad to print.

It uploads your info and then confirms your postcard is good to go should arrive in 7-10 days. They started US mailing on Oct. 15th and my friends and family started receiving them in 6 days.

I have attached a pic of the front and back of an actual sent postcard. As you can see it is glossy like a real postcard, my friend said it was normal postcard size and good quality. The only things that I would love to see changed is more pic and less white border, and move the Hippopost ad on the front to the back. Obviously the recipient will see the ads when they read the card, and they will show it off to their friends so they will see the coolness of Hippopost too. There is plenty of room on the back, below the recipients address, to put the Hippopost ad. I'm really not crazy about the "Create and send your own free postcards at hippopost.com" and the hippo logo detracting from the image I'm trying to share. I love that it's free, I don't mind the ads on the back they're not obnoxiously large and there's still plenty of room to share what you want to say....but wish that the front was simply the image.

If they relocated the ad on the front to the back, this would be a 5 star app, even with the ad it is still a 4-4.5 star app. It's a great way to send off pics to family and friends while on vacation, or send pics of the kids off to grandma with a sweet message just to keep in touch and bring a smile.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    I'm still waiting on mine since the 15th.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Nice review sounds like a cool app

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by coverdac View Post
    I'm still waiting on mine since the 15th.

same
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Not all of mine have received them yet either, but they had weeks worth of them pending before they could start the US mailing and they do say to allow 7-10 days, today is the 7th business day. But some have so I'm sure they'll all get there
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    probably back log haha. thx for the review, been waiting to see something on this.

coverdac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2158058d
    Just got a call from friends who I sent the cards too. I got all good feedback, this program rocks!

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah I got all mine and so did my friends!! They look great to me!!! Apart from having a white border around the pic rather than the pic taking up the whole front of the card (they use some of the white space to put in their logo so I cant really complain since its free)....I would say this thing is flawless!!!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".