So I was looking around online to unlock my ATT Curve 8300. I needed it ... Smartphone Reviews forum

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Review: gsmunlockonline.com

Advertisement

So I was looking around online to unlock my ATT Curve 8300. I needed it done fast. I decided to give www.gsmunlockonline.com a try. It's a newer site but they are very quick. I ordered the code at 2PM PST and received it the next day at 9AM PST. And was unlocked by 9:05AM PST The best thing for me about this site is that you can pay via Google Checkout. I am kinda loosing faith in Paypal these days and any site with alternative payment options are a plus for me.

Here is a copy of the email:
    ---Quote---
    Here is your code (16 numbers)

Blackberry 8800 8300 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions

How to Enter Unlock Codes on BlackBerry 8800 8300 Curve:

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from Gsmunlockonline.com and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm
    6. Your phone is now unlocked
    ---Quote---

Overall the experience was great and price was fair, compared to other sites around. All in all I give this site a 4.5/5 . The main page could use updated graphics but other than that, it's simple and very easy to use. I also like that you can get any BB carrier unlocked. Also the customer service was great. Thanks

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Review: gsmunlockonline.com

good to know. after looking at the site myself, it looks kinda shady. VERY little info on which blackberry phones will work, etc...

i dont konw about that site though. I'm glad it worked for you but i wouldnt trust them. Its not even a secure site. no SSL license purchased for the domain. And they cant even spell "IMEI" correctly, on their "order form" ... lmao ...

:thumbsdown:
    Last edited by nyydynasty; 10-25-2007 at 05:23 PM.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ya..NO!

Site may look shady, but nothing speaks louder then a RELIABLE customer review and they seem to have gotten that here today, although for me where the AT&T codes are a flat $20, but all other my case..rogers) $56 bucks is steep.

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

i'm sure that site is legit. but when only one person on this site has used this site, I tend to question it a little bit.

there are tons of sites like that one. if i'm in the market for that kinda thing, i'll pick another site that has more feedback.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

I was kinda worried at first but I am glad I gave it a shot. Just wanted to post and let others know about it. Esp since it's not one that has been mentioned before. Hopefully others that use it can share their experience here too.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Can he provide me with an unlock code for my unlocked 8300 locked to AT&T?

Or my iphone?

Te quiero Kim...

certified no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nyydynasty
    good to know. after looking at the site myself, it looks kinda shady. VERY little info on which blackberry phones will work, etc...

i don't know about that site though. I'm glad it worked for you but i wouldnt trust them. Its not even a secure site. no SSL license purchased for the domain. And they cant even spell "IMEI" correctly, on their "order form" ... lmao ...

:thumbsdown:
    Hi I am the owner of the site
    no SSL license purchased for the domain as there is no information stored on that server . you will be secure using the google checkout system. Also as for the term Looks Shady .. well we are new site and will be building it up as time permits . I only started this . much as my dismay that there were no unlockers that communicate with there customers. I am small and plan to stay that way.

as far as spelling
    dont konw about that site though. I'm glad it worked for you but i wouldnt trust them. Its not even a secure site. no SSL license purchased for the domain. And they cant even spell "IMEI" correctly, on their "order form" ... lmao ...

maybe me and you should have spell check on ?? lol I used spell ck on your Quote
    Last edited by certified; 10-25-2007 at 06:28 PM.

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

I've used him a few times and can verify that hes LEGIT. He was nice and quick each time I wanted something unlocked. My most recent was a 8300, I put in the request at 6pm EST and had the code by 11pm EST.

I HIGHLY recommend his site and will continue to do so at all the forums as well as anyone that asks.
    audit
    -
    Want to be the one of first people to know about RIM outages? Visit http://www.dataoutages.com

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB

Or my iphone?

Te quiero Kim...
    Whatever N8
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB

Or my iphone?

Te quiero Kim...
    I can unlock it on ATT So you can use your ATT BB with an ATT sim

I heart Kim more

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

^^and whatever to you too Nick...bleh
    p.s. the only pics you will ever see will be those of an elephant...double bleh
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

oldgeek no está en línea Stack level 3

at&t will give you the unlock code over the phone for $0 for at&t phones

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeek
    at&t will give you the unlock code over the phone for $0 for at&t phones
    This is true but only if you have been an active customer for at least 90 days. It also takes 7-10 days for the code. IMO it was worth the $20 to have it the very next morning. My BB was up and running once I had it unlocked.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

I always get mine from att over the phone. I didn't realize that was only happening because of my long service with them. Glad it worked out for ya. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~