Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ha! What a joke! I am NOT going to download this app, just because the ... Smartphone Reviews forum

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Ha! What a joke! I am NOT going to download this app, just because the 'free' version is limited to 10 feeds, then if you want more, you have to shell out a whopping 40 dollars for it!!I prefer Viigo all the way!!

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Sweeeet
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

typeoholic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23eb5198
    Cool, checking this out now!

mrpg no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by InfinityPlayer View Post
    Ha! What a joke! I am NOT going to download this app, just because the 'free' version is limited to 10 feeds, then if you want more, you have to shell out a whopping 40 dollars for it!!I prefer Viigo all the way!!
    Whats this business about limits? I'm test driving FreeRange and don't see any limitations on feed count. Viigo is good but the home screen and lack of a few basic customizations bother me. I still like it though.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i like viigo bc i've been using it and know how to navigate and its all set up the way i like. once free-range is set up, it shouldn't be any different. and i have the ability to customize the appearance. that is a huge plus for me

huracan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    i like viigo bc i've been using it and know how to navigate and its all set up the way i like. once free-range is set up, it shouldn't be any different. and i have the ability to customize the appearance. that is a huge plus for me
    I keep coming back to FreeRange after trying every other reader out there, including viigo 2.x and 3.x.
    Like you said, familiarity plays a big part. A person even starts to rationalize shortcomings. Like I now don't mind the 'celtic' home screen launch icon for FreeRange I once found so bland.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    anybody notice how much memory it uses??
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Viigo vs FreeRange

I have enjoyed Viigo. But then I tried FreeRange. I have to put my tail between my legs and make a recantation on my previous statement.

Cherrichiodo, i apologize to you, because you work hard in bringing us these reviews, and I just tore it down quite a bit by complaining on the limitations.

So, I decided to re-download, yes 're-download', it and give it another try. And i have to admit, it is pretty snazzy. It has an interesting feature that Viigo doesn't have: when you are reading the pages of text it downloads to your phone, and you reach the end of the one topic, say in the 'Blogs' section, the Boing Boing list, it takes you to the first item in the next category without even having to close it, like you have to in Viigo.

Bravo to the brilliant people at FreeRange!!!

I am discoverring more things I like about FreeRange's new reader.You CAN get more than 10 feeds on it.It totally rocks. So mich so, that I have completely removed Viigo from my phone, and don't plan to go back to it as long FreeRange remains free.

damascusdeac no está en línea Stack level 1
    Infinity - how are you getting more than 10 feeds? is it version 2.2.8? mine won't allow it...

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Attempted DL. ...server returned error... is all I can get. Anyone else have a problem. Attempted via BB. Maybe need to DL via p-c.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    JB, just updated ota link in OP. i had to re-download today, so i know it works

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hmmmm. Still gives me an error.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ya, that's odd...i have used that link about 5 times in the last week re-adding third party apps ... idk what's wrong

PIN/ID
    ATA
    and what exact error are you getting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast