Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Verdict: WOW! Pros: GREAT leather, hangs well, sturdy swivel, Cons: no slot for trackball. 2x ... Smartphone Reviews forum

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

Thumbs up REVIEW -Fortte Curve Case Unboxing -

Advertisement

Verdict: WOW!
    Pros: GREAT leather, hangs well, sturdy swivel,
    Cons: no slot for trackball. 2x cost of the RIM case.
    URL: http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/386?type=0
    Price: $29.99 (and UP) ( I paid $37, with a 15% coupon)
    Overall rating: 4.5/5 (so far)

I just received my Fortte case for the curve after 2+ weeks of waiting for the custom color!
    I got the Fortte Curve Vertical Case, in COGNAC. This is NOT the STIL case, it has a centered flap, physically setup like the OEM RIM Case. First impression is WOW! What a GREAT feel to the case itself. I think Im really going to like this case.

Thier Image

On to the unboxing!!

Inside the box was a nice presentation box. In it was the case, and clip, as well as a nice glossy ad for Fortte. The bag has a sticker with my shipping info, as well as the exact item I ordered. My info was also printed on the back of the presentation box. Oddly, no invoice or packing slip.

Opening the bag, WOW, smells like real leather! The leather is buttery smooth, but not to the point it feels plastic. Think about the baseball glove you had as a kid, after about 5 seasons. Its great. MUCH thicker leather than the RIM case. It has a extremely well tailored look to it. All the seams are tight and straight. It is VERY well padded. It doesnt seem to have the indent for the trackball that the RIM case has though. I hope that wont be an issue.

The clip I chose was the heavy duty metal swivel. So far it has worked beautifully. When in the truck, it swivelled to horizontal automatically, which is the way I usually wear it anyway. I've been through 4 of the Verizon cases for my old 7130, and 2 ebay cases as well from broken clips. This one doesnt look like it willl ever pull out, and the belt peice looks to be easily replaceable.

Magnetic flap closure. It has the little post, like handbag, which seems like it would make it a bit more secure than just the magnet closure.

FIT: It fits very snug right now, which Im sure will change over time.

So far (4 hours) I really like this case. At twice what the RIM ones cost (they run $18 on ebay) I think it is worth it. Just the look of it is worth some premium. At my workplace, all managers are required to have Crackberries, and 8 of us ordered Curves the day they came out. We ALL have the same RIM case.. its funny to see us all together. This case DEFINITELY sets itself apart.

Brian
    Last edited by Sprung; 08-04-2007 at 05:32 PM.
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: REVIEW -Fortte Curve Case Unboxing -

thanks!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Well I guess if you're that happy with it then thatis whatreally counts. However it looks a lot like the standard case for the BB Curve Ya know the soft Lamb Skin, which by the way comes in at least about 10 colors.

I noticed that swivele clip the only problem with those is the slightest bit of pressure on top (Love handles/stomach) and it is releasing the case device and all and for one that is getting in and out of a truck ya might want to be careful with that.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And without that trackball indention, wouldn't that activate the display lite often

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Lookin really nice, thanks for the review.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Nice...may have to look into one for myself...to go along with my otterbox case (coming soon).

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

nice case, thanks for the review
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    304D032C

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth
    Well I guess if you're that happy with it then thatis whatreally counts. However it looks a lot like the standard case for the BB Curve Ya know the soft Lamb Skin, which by the way comes in at least about 10 colors.

I noticed that swivele clip the only problem with those is the slightest bit of pressure on top (Love handles/stomach) and it is releasing the case device and all and for one that is getting in and out of a truck ya might want to be careful with that.

How did you know about my love handles?? Actually, the clip is pretty nice. The release to remove the case is actually lower than the outside clip. You really have to make a effort to release it. It snot hard to do, but I dont see it releasing accidentally too often.

I does look formatwise like the RIM case, and yes they come in colors, but this is just I feel better made. The leather feels sturdier than the lambskin, and i hope this cognac color breaks in like a good baseball glove or wallet. Hmmmm it really reminds me of a Coach wallet, now that I think about it.

But, yes, so far it makes me happy.

Bri

Well those Love Handles things was a bad memory of my own sometime ago, but enough about that. How about the tracking ball, without that indention have you noticed the display lite on at anytime while in the case

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Does it have the magnet built in to make the sleep mode kick on? Didnt read that in your review.

PIN/ID
    304D032C

It DOES put the Curve into Sleep mode. That I verified by moving the curve around on the outside of the case, and watching it sleep. And hte first time I put the Curve in, and took it out, it came out with a sticker attached to the front that said "Sleep Magnet Location" which was apparenelt stuck to teh inside of the case.

As far as the trackball, there is about 1/4 inch of velvety padding inside the case, and it VERY soft, pillow like. I dotn see it turning on the Curve as I move, and i even kept it in the case and smooshed it and no lights.

DJ, I thought we agreed to never speak of that..

Bri

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Thanks for a great review. I am still deciding between this and the Nutshell case. I wonder if Fortte can make a similar case but without the flap on top?
    8900-user
    DocGo

Thumbs up Re: REVIEW -Fortte Curve Case Unboxing -

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung
    It DOES put the Curve into Sleep mode. That I verified by moving the curve around on the outside of the case, and watching it sleep. And hte first time I put the Curve in, and took it out, it came out with a sticker attached to the front that said "Sleep Magnet Location" which was apparenelt stuck to teh inside of the case.

As far as the trackball, there is about 1/4 inch of velvety padding inside the case, and it VERY soft, pillow like. I dotn see it turning on the Curve as I move, and i even kept it in the case and smooshed it and no lights.

DJ, I thought we agreed to never speak of that..

Bri
    Well, guess I'm gonna have to look into getting one, cause there are times when I get into a little car and forget to turn my curve sideways, I feel that oneday it make break because of that. The automatic swivel would world great, thanks for the review.

Riddy no está en línea Stack level 1

I just bought the new Prima Open Face Case for my 8300 Curve. It's part of their SELECT series and I can honestly say, is probably the finest quality case I've seen. Perfect form fit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast