Verdict: Rating: Pros: Cons: URL: Overall Rating: Price: $29.99 Fortte BlackBerry 8700g Flip Style ... Smartphone Reviews forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8

Review: Fortte 8700 Flip Style Case

Overall Rating:
    Price: $29.99

Fortte BlackBerry 8700g Flip Style Case

About 4 days ago I recieved this case from Fortte.

Upon opening it, I was unsure whether I would like it or not.

The first thing that I noticed (Because I overlooked it on the site) was the swivel clip. I have never been a really big fan of these. I personally prefer the stationary clip on holsters. I have experienced too many times the clip coming loose and the portable device falling to the ground. This however, has not been the case (yet) with this case.

The case seems as if it is going to protect the Berry if it ever does get dropped. Firm rear side of the case and the front flip is nicely padded and covers the entire front of the device. I don't want to take the risk of actually testing this out because I love my 8700 too much, but if someone wants to ante up their 8700 for a test, I will supply the case.

The "flip" that holds the front flap down is nice, but kind of akwardly located on the rear bottom of the holster. The magnet has a firm hold so that you don't have to worry about it wearing out, but not too firm that you will have any problems ever opening it.

The 2 slots for the business cards/license/credit card/etc are nice too. Of course with it being brand new it's still a little tight, so I crammed as many business cards in there as I could to try and losen it up.

Access to all the buttons and ports is good also. The case is cut perfectly that you have access to all the buttons with ease, along with the speaker area cut out so that you still get un-muffled rings.

The stitiching is very firm also, so I doubt that I will have issues with the case "falling apart". Where the case surrounds the screen is also VERY firm (believe it must be metal under the leather). The fit of the case over all is very good. So good in fact that at times when I put the 8700 in, the Q button gets pressed down by the side of the front flap. However it is now happening less and less as the case is "stretching" to its intended size.

There is only one place where the case doesn't have a perfect fit, and that is where the USB/Charger plugs in. Its off by a very minimal fraction, however it is enough to keep the plug from plugging all the way in with ease.

There is also a "cut out" area for the LED light on the top of the device (Which is a must for me, that way when I walk into a room rather than walking over and seeing if I have a message, I can just glance and see what color the light is).

The symbol and embossed name on the front of the holster is nice and unintrusive compared to other cases I have seen. The "advertising" is there, but its not enough to stand out and make you think you are a walking billboard.

Overall, at first I can honestly say that I didn't think I was going to like this case and it would wind up in the "BBay Forum", however, after using it for the last 4 days, I have actually become very fond of it, and I believe that it is one of the best cases on the market, if not the best.

There are only 2 things that I would prefer it have:
    A: An interchangeable clip that would allow you to either have the swivel clip or a stationary clip.
    B: More space or redesigned to also act as a wallet. The two slots are very nice to have, however it also had a slot to carry cash in (Like maybe one that folded out of the back).
    Those two things would make this case perfect for me. Maybe there will be one that comes out soon like that.

Overall I give this case a 9.5/10 (Its rare you will see me give anything a very high review) Had it been equipped with the 2 items mentioned above, it would be a perfect 10. However, I am just picky. But overall, a very good case and I am extremely happy with it!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-06-2006 at 06:08 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Review: Fortte 8700 Flip Style Case

Nice review.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Nice review that's the case I plan to purchase for my 8700. Thanks N8DBB excellent job!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~~Posted via BB ( great review. I debated over getting this case. I couldn't get a good picture of the card slots, so I opted with a different case. Been thinking abouting getting it too, although mine is almost identical only by krusel.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

This has more room for stuff..... was thinking about trying this case out.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr