Don't know if you will know this or not, but I like the cases for ... Smartphone Reviews forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Review: Fortte 7100/7105t Open Face Case

Advertisement

Don't know if you will know this or not, but I like the cases for the 8700. My question is:
    The plastic, does that cover the keyboard and the screen? I really can't tell. I almost bought a case yesterday but it had plastic over the keyboard and no me gusta that...

No it only covers the screen. This case normally does not come with a screen protector but I asked for one to be put on because I get my screen dirty alot.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    No it only covers the screen.

THanks Erica! You can add more pics if you like.

How do I do that? I don't have a digital camera.

Get a camera phone hehehe

d

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    Don't know if you will know this or not, but I like the cases for the 8700. My question is:
    The plastic, does that cover the keyboard and the screen? I really can't tell. I almost bought a case yesterday but it had plastic over the keyboard and no me gusta that...
    Here's a picture of the Open Face Case for the 8700 series BB's.
    http://www.eaccess-estore.com/store/...g.asp?item=290

A sidenote to the original post: I recently ordered an extended capacity battery/door kit for my 7105t. I have yet to see how it's gonna fit in this case seeing the back of the case is stiff leather with what feels like some sort of solid insert. After a few emails to SmartPhoneDepot.com I was told that the case would accomodate the battery but I'll wait and see.

The extended battery/door kit does NOT fit this case.

Actually, I have to correct that. After a small struggle with the kit, I managed to get it in. I am ordering a second case for my other phone too but with no extended battery.

I have a second case on order for my 7100t. Same identical case but this time I got Old Fashioned Chocolate. Same clip, personalization and screen protector.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-28-2006 at 04:56 AM.

Verdict: Best case I have ever owned for my BlackBerry 7100 series devices.
    Pros: Easy access to the controls on the sides of the device and the keypad.
    Cons: Tight fit with an extended battery kit; screen protector I got as a customization should be standard; no sleeper magnet (can be put on the belt clip or somewhere on the back of the case)
    URL: http://www.fortte.com/scr/showproduct.php/81?type=0
    Price: $29.99 USD basic black case with or without belt clip; personalization and custom colors or materials.
    Overall Rating: 4 out of 5

Hi everyone. I just received my Fortte Open Faced Case today. This is a nice case for those of you who have the following models, and it is functional yet protects the top, bottom, back and sides of your phone. It fits the 7100g,i,r,t,x,and the 7105t. The Vodafone model, 7100v, is not compatible. I highly recommend this case.

The basic price of this case is $29.99 for the basic black case without personalization and custom colors or materials. Mine came in at just over $50 with personalization and a screen protector.

When I received my case it took some work to get the case out of the huge box it was shipped in and out of the Fortte packaging case. LOL Another thing I noticed as soon as I opened the case out of the packaging, you can smell the leather but this will eventually wear off.

The case I ordered was their standard black leather case. I had my first and last name embossed on the back, bottom center position (added an additional $15 to the cost of the case). I almost overlooked it because it was embossed in black. (I'm not sure you can get names or emblems embossed or engraved in other colors to make it more noticeable in case you lose your case).

Putting the case on the phone posed 3 problems. First, I had a little trouble getting it in all the way to close the top 2 snaps on this case. I'm guessing it is because of the back eGrip I have on the phone (all my other grips have fallen off). I managed to get the phone in the case by pushing a little harder than I first did but I got the case on.

I also noticed some of the case particles coming off onto the screen. I cleaned the screen off and have not had anymore trouble with it. The screen protector I had added to this case eliminates the need for separate screen protectors.

The last problem I had with getting the case setup was the clip on the back. It took me a few minutes to get the clip to hook onto the metal stub on the back of the case. I emailed the representative to ask him how to put the clip on but by the time he emailed me back, I already had the clip on LOL

After I managed to get the above problems straightened out, I held the case in my hand to get a feel for how it would work while typing on my bb. Had no trouble responding to a few text messages and emails with the case on.

Overall this is a very nice case, a much better improvement over the Krusell case I had.

Update: I just received my second case. Same applies to my original review except the color change (Old Fashion Chocolate). This case is their standard leather but it looks like an alligator skin LOL it also came in at just over $50 USD customized and personalized.

I had minor problems getting the phone in the case this time because of the egrips (I took the egrips off and the phone fits much better). I didn't have the clip problem this time because I remembered how to get it on.

I give this case 5 out of 5 stars.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 06-28-2006 at 05:09 AM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Review: Fortte 7100/7105t Open Face Case

I guess I will rewrite this review since it somehow got erased.

Re: Review: Fortte 7100/7105t Open Face Case

Can someone re-arrange this thread to put the review at the top and all other posts below it? I don't know how it got out of order and I've been trying to fix it.

Post #2 should be post #1.