Product: FindIt 2.0 Cost: $4.99 Verdict: Software that almost guarantees you will be reunited with ... Smartphone Reviews forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thumbs up Review: FindIt 2.0

Advertisement

Product: FindIt 2.0
    Cost: $4.99
    Verdict: Software that almost guarantees you will be reunited with your BlackBerry whether lost or stolen!
    Pros: Many different options to assist a user in retreiving their BB in the event of loss of theft.
    Cons: NONE!
    URL: http://www.conveniencesoftware.com/findit.html
    Verdict: 5/5

Unbelievable application, and a must have for all BlackBerry users!

Picture this, you have lost your BlackBerry and you have no idea where it may be. You send an email to your phone and enter a special trigger tag in the subject of that email, seconds later you get a responding email showing gps coordinates of your lost BlackBerry! You can now drive, walk or even crawl to the location of your precious BlackBerry.

In the event your phone is stolen, enter another special trigger tag in the subject of an email and seconds later the phone will repeat the following message "This BlackBerry is stolen, this BlackBerry is stolen", and will not stop until it is returned to you, or until the person does a battery pull.

You can even send a message to the phone, first enter the special trigger tag in the subject of an email, and in the body of the email enter the message you want the person on the BlackBerry end to read, seconds later they are reading your message, all regardless if the phone is locked or not.

Here are a few more features of this wonderfull application...

You can send an email to your BlackBerry and again enter the special trigger tag in the subject field, this time you can enter any phone number you want in the body of the email, the BlackBerry will automatically call that number! This is useful in case of loss or theft, and hopefully the person on the other end will be nice enough to return the unit. If not send the gps trigger tag and go whoop their...

There are 4 different tags that can be set, basically you enter any combinations of letters or numbers in the corresponding spot and when an email is sent with that tag in the subject the BlackBerry knows what to do...

To make the phone ring any ringtone you want whether the phone is on silent or vibrate etc. You can make it a personal tone, or a preloaded tone. This will help you find the Blackberry if it is in a hidden place.

To set a callback to any number you want simply enter the special trigger tag in the sunject field and the BlackBerry will call back the number you entered. This would be usefull if the BlackBerry is locked and someone has found it, hopefully they are a decent person.

For GPS coordinated simply enter the special tigger tag in the subject, just as the above options, this time you will receive the exact coordinates in latitude and longitude for the location of your BlackBerry. FindIt nor Pinstack.com are responsible if you find the BlackBerry and beat up the person that took it.

The final feature would be by entering the special stolen trigger tag in the email the BlackBerry will repeat the annoying "this Blackberry is stolen" message, I have done this a couple times just to test it and i can admit if I stole a BlackBerry I would throw it away once that message came through!

Please visit the above url for more information including screenshots of the application.

FairGame no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2436b02f

Re: FindIt 2.0

I just wish they would add a function to wipe the device for us non BES users.

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80

Re: Review: FindIt 2.0

Sounds like a nice lil program and @ a good price too. I think I'll give it a whirl.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bfdm_mexi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a27821

lol.. i just d/l the demo and the "this blackberry is stolen" is brutal and LOUD....only a battery pull shuts it off. I love it... worth 4.99 just to do that when you cant find it.

good product.
    AT&T. 9000 Bold. Fresno, CA

blackrn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    217B6A51

Yeah i got to try this!
    Christopher Williams
    Global Lifestyle Consultants

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

For some add reason, I cannot get this app to work at all! I've tried the battery pull after installing, yet the "trigger" words I set up do not work...maybe it's me or maybe it's not working for the 8130...anyone else having success?

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

I've had problems too. Make sure your trigger tags are installed and saved. I got mine working but by lots of trial and error, the instructions that come with the program are not detailed enough about some of the settings that have to be made.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

Good...then its not just me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

chris93372 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D7C73C

If you're running into trouble, check the thread "FindIt 2.0 Released". Lots of hints and detailed instructions there. I was able to get mine working by following the instructions there.

ixlr8a67 no está en línea Stack level 1

Works!
    Bought Thursday morning,
    Lost phone at Chuck E Cheese on Thursday night,
    Phone was found and returned Friday morning at Fast food place half a block away.

A Blackberry must have.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have noticed that my FindIt software doesn't work after upgrading to OS 4.5. I have set it up and have tested with several e-mails and nothing ever happens. The e-mail just comes in like any other e-mail. Even if I enter stolen555.
    ~Lauren