Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

And apparently it's still not ready. Still has the same giant memory leak that 1.5 ... Smartphone Reviews forum

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

And apparently it's still not ready. Still has the same giant memory leak that 1.5 did. Already had to delete it. I think actually testing apps is becoming a lost art for some of these people.

Tucker

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    For those experiencing memory leak issues, do you use the clear cache feature in the menu of FB options, particularly after viewing albums?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

hybrid1976 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    280C1909
    ok, I've had a chance to download FB 1.6 and i love it! i love the fact that I can view other's profile/pictures without going to the actual site. the updates and highlights are awesome as well. i have not experienced any of the issues some of my fellow stackers have run into.

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    Are you not getting notifications at all, or just not seeing them when you open the app? Also, are you on a BES? There was some discussion about those options beiing greyed out and it seemed to be BES related.

Any follow ups to this comment? I have the same issue on my 8310 which is on a BES. Any tips are welcomed?

Never even tried to view photo albums. It leaks when you don't even use the app. Loses 6mb in 3 hours!

Tucker

Sorry, there was no resolution found, just the common denominator for those with this issue was BES. This was even the case for those who's BES had no restrictions. If I see any tips on how to get around it I will post back...

Quote Originally Posted by iridemybike View Post
    Never even tried to view photo albums. It leaks when you don't even use the app. Loses 6mb in 3 hours!

Tucker
    Wow, I have not had this issue to that degree at all on my 8330....

Yeah. 1.5 was even worse. You'd think they could plug a hole that size before releasing it. I haven't seen a leak free version since 1.2 and it was useless!

Tucker

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the new FB and I like it except one thing. I get notifications but if I don't go to them quick enough or respond to them quick enough they disappear. It is almost like I am running out of memory and it is deleting them but I have plenty of memory. Anyone have any ideas?

jhtapia no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    I just got the notifications to work. Tried the uninstall/reinstall one more time and ran the setup wizard (in Options) and reset the email notification address.
    That did the trick

Try that jhtapia.
    Thanks that worked for me.

For those on BES with grayed out integration options, see post number 18 in this thread.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

llarivee no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    304E4B98

Lightbulb Solution to Greyed out sync options

We also had the greyed out options as well. Followed the KB instructions in the Tech Note below to import IT Policy rules definitions on our BES. Then had to set the option for Disable Organizer Data Access for Social Networking Applications policy to False.

http://tinyurl.com/kprt5z

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshSeawell View Post
    I agree azstar I would like to see FB chat. Nice review cherri.
    meh, i don't use the chat on the web version. lol. i thought that was "rumored" to be included in this release?

Quote Originally Posted by 9of13 View Post
    i dont need the facebook chat since its apart of me beejive account. Notifications come thru fine. My only con, still have to go to the web version to access note. HINT HINT! LOL
    hey, didn't know they had integrated it. i haven't used beejive in awhile. i need to switch my device license and load it up on the storm

Quote Originally Posted by johncpayne View Post
    I have the new FB and I like it except one thing. I get notifications but if I don't go to them quick enough or respond to them quick enough they disappear. It is almost like I am running out of memory and it is deleting them but I have plenty of memory. Anyone have any ideas?
    sounds like a memory leak issue. clear the cache in the options menu of Facebook. is FB the only app that seems to be affected?

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    It is the only app that does it. Nothing else seems to be effected . I will try to clear the cache and see if that will help. Thanks

dkcoppin no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had the new 1.6 version for about a week now and I have not logged on my puter facebook at all! Lovin' it! But the only con that I have was it makes my phone lag alot. I tried pulling the battery and letting it restart but that helped for a little while and now it lagging again. When I try to send a message or do wall to wall, it always refreshes my friend list, is there a way I can turn it off????

Thanks for all the helpful comments you guys!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast